Fully Automated Dungeon Ectoplasm + Money Grinder (6000 ectoplasm/hr + a MASSIVE 55 Platinum/hr)

I made my own recently, and I did the math, and it comes out to around 300 ecto an hour. It is made with 2 chest statues, around the same amount of spiky ball traps as used in yours, and I'm working on the hoik mechanism even though I'm on the left side instead of the right(not sure if left hoiks work). I would upload a picture, but I don't know how. I'm looking for ways to make it better, and I'd appreciate any advice given. I'm using 1.2 on Xbox one, and can't seem to find any shark statues on any of the worlds I've harvested.

would the item hoiking blocks work if they were every other tile?
No, you need consecutive teeth with all (size 2 or below) item hoiks (which is virtually all of them), including the ectoplasm hoik shown in the video.
You no longer get ectoplasm from statues?
Not from mob statue spawned mobs, no. As of 1.3 on PC. Still possible on console, mobile, I believe.
I would upload a picture, but I don't know how.
You could try taking a photo of your screen with mobile, at worst, and embedding that. Or hosting it on the internet externally (if that's possible via Xbone (?) and embedding it via the image button (in the post editor) and inserting the URL.
it comes out to around 300 ecto an hour
The mimics are significantly slower to kill than skarks, so that makes sense. Did you manage to hoik the mimics ok, and do you have natural dungeon spawns being ground up too?

First off, I didn't expect anyone to respond this quickly, much less the hoik master, so thank you for that. I haven't been able to set up any hoiks unfortunately, and I have the actual dungeon spawns staying on top of the trap(need to fix this), but I'll post a picture of the trap in the next three hours so I'll check if you or anyone replied in the morning. But yeah, thank you, in the meantime I will be setting up a hoik mechanism, and looking for shark statues.
[doublepost=1461625427,1461624940][/doublepost]This is a small video(24seconds), only half of the trap, I'll post a full picture in a little bit

image.jpg
image.jpg

These are albeit, poor pictures of my farm. As I have said, any advice would be great, and do left hoiks work?

Actually, I've messed with it a little bit, making it entirely level, and I'm working on hoiking the ecto, but I have successfully hoiked the mimics to the lava and spiky ball traps, and have made the dungeon spirit "killzone". Here's the link to the video on YouTube-

I've got a far more compact version; it doesn't break any records, but it gets you ~60 ectoplasm every fives minutes or so. That figure is in a dungeon test where I haven't altered the layout of the dungeon to prevent spawns. It basically consists of a chamber you teleport yourself into and then get hoiked back & forth over two pressure plates. These plates activate two chest statues in a chamber above your head. This "mimic chamber" has a ceiling made of spiky ball traps that kill the mimics pretty quickly. I then sumon 2 ravens into the mimic chamber to speed it up even more. I summon a third raven into the hoik chamber with me, while wearing turtle armour, to dispatch the dungeon spirit nice and quick.

Also, I've placed some spikes on the floor of the hoik chamber to stop damage from enemy projectiles.

I've added some photos for you; most of them are not in the dungeon, as it was easier to see what was what in the "daylight" with some white gemspark walls.

Ecto Dungeon.jpgEcto Inside.jpgEcto Ravens.jpgEcto Unwired.jpgEcto Wired.jpg

Yeah, that looks pretty good, I'm not sure if the mimic statues would stop at 3 because of the close proximity, but overall if you're getting 720/hour, that's pretty good. I'm not the one to ask about advice, but to me, if you're able to have it that compact and functional, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Yeah, that looks pretty good, I'm not sure if the mimic statues would stop at 3 because of the close proximity, but overall if you're getting 720/hour, that's pretty good. I'm not the one to ask about advice, but to me, if you're able to have it that compact and functional, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
I'm happy with it; I just thought other people might find it useful. Although this has got me wondering whether dungeon spirits count as a "spawn", as it happens on screen. And if, by blocking all other spawns in the dungeon, I'd get more dungeon spirits out of the mimics.
mimic statues would stop at 3 because of the close proximity
If I ever find a shark statue (not convinced they're on console yet) then I'll alter the chambers accordingly.

I have successfully hoiked the mimics to the lava and spiky ball traps
Cool. An easy alternative might be to suspend the statues above, using the teleporter pad float trick, to just drop the mimics/sharks into place (in future). To get the 13 tile distance for 6 mobs (or 37.5 tiles for 10 mobs at a time, even).
ectoplasm is a size 2 item correct?
No, sorry. You can see from @DicemanX's original video that it doesn't get hoiked all the way along in one step, which means it's size 1, requiring alternating actuation. Also meaning that the ecto-hoik has to go left to right, unfortunately. :(

If it's too much trouble reversing things, then I quite like the look of @ED209's simple setup (above):
The spike based damage blocking is great if you can still get it (doesn't work on PC now). If his player based hoik engine is too jarring (shaking the screen) then stick with a skeleton hoik engine, or your bird engine, etc.

Should be able to drop your mimics/sharks into this chamber from above, as I suggest (with floating statues). Also, have regular dungeon spawns walk in and get trapped too (e.g. using the 'ghost wall' trick - e.g. sloped platforms against the side of the wall you want to be able to walk through from).
if, by blocking all other spawns in the dungeon, I'd get more dungeon spirits out of the mimics.
I don't think so. There might be a chance that the spirits would slow down other dungeon spawns a little, but not vice-versa. Should be a straight probability, as with regular kill drops.

Alright, thank you, I'm still working on it, and maybe I should post this in his video on his frost moon record farm, but I made a pumpkin moon/frost moon farm almost the same as his, but I only get to around wave 4 because of the spawn rate being diminished by the constant harpies and wyverns/arch wyverns. I guess I built it too high, but I don't know if I can block off their spawns by blocking up 84 by 47( spawn rectangle), or if I just need to relocate the farm to somewhere lower. I'll post a picture of the farm later, with its coordinates in the gps, but I'm more concerned with this farm than the ecto farm. Any advice would be useful

You don't get hoik based screen shake on consoles? Is that because the camera control is intrinsically different there?
I'm only getting hoiked one tile either way, so it doesn't appear to move. I've got a farm where I'm hoiked back and forth every minute or so through a collection tunnel, and that shakes the camera.
[doublepost=1461776268,1461776135][/doublepost]
Alright, thank you, I'm still working on it, and maybe I should post this in his video on his frost moon record farm, but I made a pumpkin moon/frost moon farm almost the same as his, but I only get to around wave 4 because of the spawn rate being diminished by the constant harpies and wyverns/arch wyverns. I guess I built it too high, but I don't know if I can block off their spawns by blocking up 84 by 47( spawn rectangle), or if I just need to relocate the farm to somewhere lower. I'll post a picture of the farm later, with its coordinates in the gps, but I'm more concerned with this farm than the ecto farm. Any advice would be useful
You'll need to build lower, as the sky mobs don't need blocks to spawn on. I made the same mistake; I wanted to avoid digging the space needed below me to stop spawns, so I went up too high.

spawn rate being diminished by the constant harpies and wyverns/arch wyverns. I guess I built it too high, but I don't know if I can block off their spawns by blocking up 84 by 47( spawn rectangle)
Didn't realise this could be an issue. Yes, definitely too high. I guess you might be able to block the Harpies, etc, but they spawn in a little differently than most all other mobs, since the don't require a valid surface to spawn on.
maybe I should post this in his video on his frost moon record farm
Definitely always post in the most relevant thread, yes. Be it in the guides section or T-MEC. (I watch pretty much all the technical threads.)
I'm only getting hoiked one tile either way, so it doesn't appear to move.
Hah, that is different to PC then. Cool.

So is the point of having the mimic & shark statues so far away from the kill chamber to get more mobs to spawn from the statues?

Back
Top Bottom