The Oxygen-Challenged Terrarian

I placed my base directly underneath the air bubble, underground about a full screen-height underneath the ground. When new NPCs spawn, they spawn inside the house, so dunno why the TM doesn't spawn in the house too.

He spawns way up in the sky, on the right side about 3 screen-lengths away from the air bubble, slowly falls to the ground, and dies like 10-15 seconds later because he's way in the water, lol. I'll screenshot next time it happens.

But yeah I was only thinking the Information Accessories, and nothing else. I ain't bringing no Pulse Bow or anything like that, lol. That's just cheating haha.

I'm still Pre-EoC, I'm taking it slow, lol. I'm making my way over to the Jungle, though... I want an Amarok, I'm tired of wimpy weapons.

She sells Bubbles in Hardmode. You can make lots of Air Pockets (make a 3x3 bubble square, and then bucket the center water block out and you're left with air in the middle of water), and you can prevent water from going places you don't want it.

When I get to Hardmode, first thing I'm gonna try to do is pop a Solar Eclipse by farming Lihzarhds outside of the Lihzarhd Temple.... well, ok, that's the SECOND thing I'm going to do. First, is get an Amarok.

If I can get a Neptune's Shell to drop, it will make everything else Super Easy.
http://terraria.wiki.gg/Amarok One of these Hardmode Yo-yo's?

There's also a bit of a danger I don't think has been mentioned here:

Make sure you don't accidentally "break" the flooded tunnels so that they can empty out into the Underworld, lol. Gotta be careful how you make your Hellevator to prevent this. I've been real careful about where I dig because I don't want to suddenly connect the Underworld to any tunnel that leads clear to the surface, lol.

Ah, there are some tunnels that lead to Underground that have been flooded, and we need to watch out for those it sounds like?

Hm. About the Traveling Merchant, because of how I've built my base here it should be fine for my playthrough, but I'll expand my base downwards rather than upwards to avoid the risk of the Merchant spawning on the Flooded Surface.

Either way I've barely started, and it's going to be very slow for me as well since I'll have to do a lot more digging than I usually do. A Gold Pickaxe and Hammer are a priority for me to get now since this current equipment won't do for living Underground.

Yes, one of those. lol.

First thing I usually do upon arriving at Hardmode.
So I'm not mistaken, you'll go to the Jungle after Amarok so you eh, get accessories that's available to you now? Well...I usually get loads of surplus bait by Hardmode...and I just tried a Worm Statue...What a troll, "Worms" dropping, SWOOSH..."Poof" *Clouds* D:

Ah, there are some tunnels that lead to Underground that have been flooded, and we need to watch out for those it sounds like?

Hm. About the Traveling Merchant, because of how I've built my base here it should be fine for my playthrough, but I'll expand my base downwards rather than upwards to avoid the risk of the Merchant spawning on the Flooded Surface.

Either way I've barely started, and it's going to be very slow for me as well since I'll have to do a lot more digging than I usually do. A Gold Pickaxe and Hammer are a priority for me to get now since this current equipment won't do for living Underground.

None of the tunnels go clear down to the underworld..... BUT......

If you're not careful and you take one of the flooded tunnels that already exists (such as the one directly beneath the starting location that connects to a surface cave in the Snow Biome) and you dig a straight down shaft that connects to the underworld, you'll drain the entire world of water when you Save&Exit the next time, or at least most of the water.

EDIT: Also gotta watch you don't connected a flooded tunnel that leads to the surface to any other large cave system because you never know just what might go clear down to the Underworld, lol. The Jungle is particularly infamous for that.

I would say just to be careful.... never allow a flooded tunnel's water to escape ANYWHERE. Always dig Trap Pipes, etc to make sure you don't screw with the water table.

Go Bombs ahoy!, Although I should probably do this world myself

I placed my base directly underneath the air bubble, underground about a full screen-height underneath the ground. When new NPCs spawn, they spawn inside the house, so dunno why the TM doesn't spawn in the house too.

He spawns way up in the sky, on the right side about 3 screen-lengths away from the air bubble, slowly falls to the ground, and dies like 10-15 seconds later because he's way in the water, lol. I'll screenshot next time it happens.

But yeah I was only thinking the Information Accessories, and nothing else. I ain't bringing no Pulse Bow or anything like that, lol. That's just cheating haha.

I'm still Pre-EoC, I'm taking it slow, lol. I'm making my way over to the Jungle, though... I want an Amazon, I'm tired of wimpy weapons.

She sells Bubbles in Hardmode. You can make lots of Air Pockets (make a 3x3 bubble square, and then bucket the center water block out and you're left with air in the middle of water), and you can prevent water from going places you don't want it.

When I get to Hardmode, first thing I'm gonna try to do is pop a Solar Eclipse by farming Lihzarhds outside of the Lihzarhd Temple.... well, ok, that's the SECOND thing I'm going to do. First, is get an Amarok.

If I can get a Neptune's Shell to drop, it will make everything else Super Easy.

EDIT: IMO, I woulda waited for the Party Girl to spawn before killing the WoF, but that's just me I guess, lol.
I forget sometimes ^^ I barely use that NPC, if at all. Also, as far as solo play goes, should I play it or wait for someone to play with?

I forget sometimes ^^ I barely use that NPC, if at all. Also, as far as solo play goes, should I play it or wait for someone to play with?

Playing with another player has advantages and disadvantages and they are even more striking with this map.

With the surface flooded, you will have difficulties finding necessary supplies and items that each player needs (weapons, armor, accessories) but yet when you first start out, you need to build underground which takes forever to do solo.

Having a second player will create problems with finding enough resources for the two of you (especially if you tend to get things like the REK-3000 or Lightning Boots, since most of the wooden chests will be in flooded areas), but again, playing solo will make progression through the map slower, because there's only one of you to do the ridiculous amount of digging needed to travel anywhere.

Playing with another player has advantages and disadvantages and they are even more striking with this map.

With the surface flooded, you will have difficulties finding necessary supplies and items that each player needs (weapons, armor, accessories) but yet when you first start out, you need to build underground which takes forever to do solo.

Having a second player will create problems with finding enough resources for the two of you (especially if you tend to get things like the REK-3000 or Lightning Boots, since most of the wooden chests will be in flooded areas), but again, playing solo will make progression through the map slower, because there's only one of you to do the ridiculous amount of digging needed to travel anywhere.
I meant since you've played it, and I haven't would you recommend solo or multiplayer, I know what each sides pros and cons are :)

I meant since you've played it, and I haven't would you recommend solo or multiplayer, I know what each sides pros and cons are :)

That depends on whether or not you enjoy the pros&cons of multiplayer vs single-player.

All I'm saying is that in this map, the usual pros/cons of both are even greater than normal. If you love multiplayer, do multiplayer. If you don't like having to farm extra materials, then don't. If you don't like having to do everything yourself, then you might want to team up because THIS map is even more digging than a normal map.

Myself? I think I'd rather go solo -- if I were paired up and they accidentally broke the water table as mentioned above, I would be.... less than happy. If I did it because of my own stupidity, oh well.

@Eternalserenity :

I did finally get a screenshot of the TM:

08FEEC866E0E6EFE7330533E56A8EA2D5D3D8343

You'll note I'm nowhere near the town, and the TM is nowhere near the town either, lol.

Though, about 5 minutes later, after this one died, another one popped, and I magic mirror'd back to my home hoping to get down to the king statue to try and summon him again... when I saw he was standing right next to me at my spawn location. Odd. I can't understand why THAT TM spawned inside the air bubble when none of the others would.

Hopefully more end up spawning there. He sold me two of the information accessories and a presserator at least, so there's that.

Could someone send link to the flooded world in Expert Mode?

Not so simple... the OP would have to create a whole 'nuther world in Expert, and Re-Flood the whole thing and it sounded like it was not an easy, nor a fast process.

The process is simply straight-forward though: Make a bubble box around your spawn, bubble off the dungeon, and create a bunch of infinite water engines in the sky and wait, wait, wait, wait.

Not so simple... the OP would have to create a whole 'nuther world in Expert, and Re-Flood the whole thing and it sounded like it was not an easy, nor a fast process.

The process is simply straight-forward though: Make a bubble box around your spawn, bubble off the dungeon, and create a bunch of infinite water engines in the sky and wait, wait, wait, wait.

Uh duh, but My Tedit crashes my laptop, and I decided to just change difficulty to Expert, not to alter new world.

Capture 2016-06-25 16_36_56.png

Greetings from my world once again. All three metal bosses have bit the dust and Spazzy is currently fighting pirates. He's died a few times during the Eclipse and spent some time vandalizing the messages on the graves. There was a good one about parallel universes. We're both sitting pretty with Neptune's Shells. I bought Spazzy a Companion Cube and he's gonna head out to the jungle to do some digging. I'll probably work on building a nice house for the Dryad. The world tree on the right has been added to the dry area around spawn. It's currently keeping the Hallow from taking over spawn. I'll probably move her over there, since she likes it so much.

Can't wait till I get to hardmode, lol.

This is my gameplan:

1). Get ready for Hardmode.
2). Fish up lots of crates, like 50+ wood/iron/gold/biome crates.
3). Stash em.
4). Farm Lihzarhds outside of the Temple for 4-5 Tablets worth of fragments.
5). Off the WoF
6). Open Crates, make hardmode anvil.
7). Make anything else I can from hardmode ores.
8). Get Amarok.
9). Pop Solar Eclipses until I get a Neptune's Shell. (surely it should happen within 4-5 of them, lol)
10). ???
11). PROFIT!

Easiest. Mech. Kills. EVAR.

Who needs wings when you can move just as fast while swimming with infinite "flight" time? lol.

Back
Top Bottom