Member-Run Project Tamers Network Project

Yesterday (2am right now here) I did a change on how the skill system will work, to make it more global, the way
creatures from both sides of combat will be picked when a skill is used, allowing me to make more kinds of skills
with diverse effects.

Talking about diverse effects...

A few days ago I worked on some Passive skills for monsters, the one skill that will be mostly annoying for the
foes will be the skill for the Magic Opossum, since while the Opossum is defeated, it have a chance of
inflicting a debuff on allies and foes, but to not make it so unworthy having them in the party,
the rate of an ally getting a debuff is lower than the enemy getting a debuff.

I guess that's it for today's news.

Yesterday (2am right now here) I did a change on how the skill system will work, to make it more global, the way
creatures from both sides of combat will be picked when a skill is used, allowing me to make more kinds of skills
with diverse effects.

Talking about diverse effects...

A few days ago I worked on some Passive skills for monsters, the one skill that will be mostly annoying for the
foes will be the skill for the Magic Opossum, since while the Opossum is defeated, it have a chance of
inflicting a debuff on allies and foes, but to not make it so unworthy having them in the party,
the rate of an ally getting a debuff is lower than the enemy getting a debuff.

I guess that's it for today's news.
Sounds good, any plans for the other passives?

Sounds good, any plans for the other passives?
Yes. But they are kind of lame compared to opossum's passive.
Mechraccoon have a passive that boosts it's Evasion, which increases by a number per level.
Mean Wolf have a passive that boosts Critical Hit rate a bit, which also increases by a number per level.
And the Nature Porcupine, have currently a passive that rises Defense by 8, but I plan on adding a minor reflect damage to it too, because...
It's a porcupine.

By the way, added some number of other skills to the creatures. But the problem is that I discovered that wild monsters seems to have an issue I call "1 fps bug", because they start moving so slow that look's like they are running the script at 1 fps.
I'll have to investigate the issue anyway.

I'm kind of running dry on mob skill ideas again, so I guess I'll get into working on npcs behavior until I get ideas.
Maybe I can fix the npc bugs.

Well, today's update, I'm making Ghost Rhyno, and other mobs skills, beside I've been thinking about populating right away the game with creatures, but actually there is not many creatures disponible, so I guess I'll have to leave that for later.
I added a skill named "Ghastly Touch" for Ghost Rhyno, but I'm still thinking about what kind debuff the skill should give, maybe Spooked debuff?

I've been wondering how would the game look if the monster had a sprite for when defeated/sleeping.

I believe would make it better because the current defeated animation is quite... boring.

Another update, latelly I were trying to work on implementing season textures to the game.
The seasons the game will have are the same as the real world seasons, spring, winter, summer and autumn.
Currently, I wonder when the seasons should begin and end...

Here a screenshot with all seasons together in a screenshot.
seasons.png

The top left season is Spring, Top Right is Winter, Bottom Left is Autumn and Bottom Right is Summer (no change).
The colors are a bit more vivid naturally, but since the mod currently gets the pc time to check the hours, then It's dusking in the game right now.

Last edited:
Another update, latelly I were trying to work on implementing season textures to the game.
The seasons the game will have are the same as the real world seasons, spring, winter, summer and autumn.
Currently, I wonder when the seasons should begin and end...

Here a screenshot with all seasons together in a screenshot.
seasons.png

The top left season is Spring, Top Right is Winter, Bottom Left is Autumn and Bottom Right is Summer (no change).
The colors are a bit more vivid naturally, but since the mod currently gets the pc time to check the hours, then It's dusking in the game right now.
The seasons should be determined based of real life's seasons.

Aww man, is this still going on? I've actually forgotten about this project, sorry.

I can still do sprites, but again maybe I should look for other spriters. ...Then again, I tried it before, and I got nothing.

Aww man, is this still going on? I've actually forgotten about this project, sorry.

I can still do sprites, but again maybe I should look for other spriters. ...Then again, I tried it before, and I got nothing.
No problem, I'm trying my best to make this project see the light out of the tunnel, but it is going quite slowly because I'm doing the scripting alone, but not really that much trouble since I can do it at my own pace.

By the way, little resumé of what changed.
Monsters got new skills, aswell as changed a few things in the project to make it better.
Added the possibility of having miniboss in the game, plus a level capping system to the map, to make the map challenging even at higher levels (beside I still need a second opnion about it).
The map difficulty system is in, the more stars, the harder it is, and monsters can also get hungry, but didn't tested it because save and load game aren't fully implemented yet.
The dialogue system will be redone because of issues, and one can spectate npcs or other players who are in combat.

And not sure if that is all, but check out the other pages for more information.

I don't know, level capping sounds... iffy. I think there should be areas with a level cap, but others should have consistant enemy levels, mostly for training.

I don't know, level capping sounds... iffy. I think there should be areas with a level cap, but others should have consistant enemy levels, mostly for training.
Actually, the level capping does not forces the player to grind up to certain level, but instead, balances the monsters status based on certain level.
One example is that if all monsters have level above the map max level, their status will be balanced based on that map max level, but nothing stops them from continuing the training in that map.

Actually, the level capping does not forces the player to grind up to certain level, but instead, balances the monsters status based on certain level.
One example is that if all monsters have level above the map max level, their status will be balanced based on that map max level, but nothing stops them from continuing the training in that map.

But won't that still make it harder to train?

Well, today's update is...
I've changed how skills and status will behave in the game, to see if that reduces the memory usage in the game,
and it seems to be going well, beside needs some testing.

I'm also going to try making the status effects the creatures can have, be as powerfull as skills are, so buffs/debuffs that involves the caster and the inflicted creature can happen, beside due to that, I may also be able to make so creatures can learn or change skills during combat, like, let's say, mimic other creature, or bosses have unique skills.

I'm also trying to change the game battle background, the planned idea, is that the floor and the walls will be based on the biome, so a map with sand floor and trees as wall will be... Sand floor and tree walls, on the battle scene.

So, that's it for today's new.

Edit:. Got a friend to test the project, he found it impressive.
Which means, time to do more cool stuff on it.

Last edited:
I've been working on the main menu today, I made so it have a chance of showing, either a random npc on the world in the background, or show an endless battle happening, alongside a "Start Game" animation I've made.
I'm not sure how many chars you may have on the same pc, but by using List, I believe the limitation is not achievable by a common player, unless this game gets a port to console or mobile but whatever.

Here a screenshot of the character selection list in the game. The gray rectangle with a question mark is where the flags of the nations are going to be.
mainmenu.png

Also, if futurelly this game be out, and you are bored or is going to wait for someone before starting a gameplay, hope that the battle main menu appears.
And I wonder if I should bring back the possibility of assigning a password to the character.

Until another news.

Ps:. Anonymous is the default character name, and is fitting.

Back
Top Bottom