My Npcs are dying!

GramOfSalt

Terrarian
In the most recent patch I have found a bug where npcs randomly die. I hope this gets patched at some point!

In the most recent patch I have found a bug where npcs randomly die. I hope this gets patched at some point!
Are you seeing them randomly die on screen? Or are you off screen from them and then see a death message for them?

They might be wandering around and into water then drown. Or sometimes get too close to the hellevator and end up stumbling into lava. Try staying around for a bit and watching where they walk off to.

Last edited:
It's probably drowning. If this just started after the most recent patch, I know there was some change that was supposed to make NPCs more careful about not walking off cliffs, but I suppose it's possible that with your specific terrain their new behavior is actually more dangerous for some reason. Bottom line: They're dumb and you need to make sure their environment is safe.

Are you seeing them randomly die on screen? Or are you off screen from them and then see a death message for them?

They might be wandering around and into water then drown. Or sometimes get too close to the hellevator and end up stumbling into lava. Try staying around for a bit and watching where they walk off to.
I've been far away from my base when it happpens. I know nothing can actually drown and my hellavator is blocked off from the npcs

Any non player character cant take fall damage or drowning damage, that's what I mean
Hmm, yes, I forgot that they only drown in PC, not console.

If it's happening a lot, I would suggest staying close by and watching to see when or why they die.

Back
Top Bottom