PS4 Stuck on 1.06?

ChapsDungaroo

Terrarian
So, I'm a little confused about the most recent update. From what I've seen, or at least based on my current understanding, PS4 should be updated to 1.08 as of Aug 26. My game updated this morning but it's showing as version 1.06. My Vita on the other hand shows as 1.11.

From what I can tell, the only difference (visible anyway) between my Vita and PS4 is that the Vita allows me to rename chests while PS4 does not.

I've tried removing the game and redownloading, forcing an update (says game is latest version), restarting the console. Nothing seems to trigger a download of 1.08. Thoughts?

If I can tell correctly, 1.00 is the PS4 version of PS3 1.02 because PS4 is newer, and 1.05 update for PS4 is the second half of the 1.2.4 update, so 1.06 should be the latest version (not 1.08, which I suspect will be 1.3.1). Also, I haven't opened it yet, so I'm not sure about the bugs.

So, I'm a little confused about the most recent update. From what I've seen, or at least based on my current understanding, PS4 should be updated to 1.08 as of Aug 26. My game updated this morning but it's showing as version 1.06. My Vita on the other hand shows as 1.11.

From what I can tell, the only difference (visible anyway) between my Vita and PS4 is that the Vita allows me to rename chests while PS4 does not.

I've tried removing the game and redownloading, forcing an update (says game is latest version), restarting the console. Nothing seems to trigger a download of 1.08. Thoughts?
That's correct, there was an update to the consoles on August 26. Most of the update was fixing some bugs and making some quality of life improvements, so if your Vita was updated and your PS4 has not you won't be seeing too many differences.

But like you mentioned it does seem that your PS4 hasn't updated for whatever reason because the chest naming feature is working on the Vita but not on your PS4. Another thing to try in an attempt to see if the two are on different versions - try to make a Tizona, Tonbogiri or a Vulcan Repeater on the PS4. You should be able to make it with Titanium now (previously you could only use Adamantite).

Assuming the PS4 isn't updated to the new version, I would normally say to make sure you are online and your connection is good. Although if you've tried removing the game and redownloading it then you are already connected.

You've tried everything that I would think to try as well. My only suggestion - and you may have tried this already - is to try these steps from Playstation.com to auto download. You can always reverse these selections if you don't want them to stay indefinitely.

But like you mentioned it does seem that your PS4 hasn't updated for whatever reason because the chest naming feature is working on the Vita but not on your PS4. Another thing to try in an attempt to see if the two are on different versions - try to make a Tizona, Tonbogiri or a Vulcan Repeater on the PS4. You should be able to make it with Titanium now (previously you could only use Adamantite).

Interesting. The Tonbogiri can in fact be made with Titanium so the update definitely applied what it meant to. So the question becomes "what happened to the chest naming feature?" It isn't a huge issue, though it is certainly a quality of life improvement. Curious to know if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. Thanks for the feedback.

If I can tell correctly, 1.00 is the PS4 version of PS3 1.02 because PS4 is newer, and 1.05 update for PS4 is the second half of the 1.2.4 update, so 1.06 should be the latest version (not 1.08, which I suspect will be 1.3.1).

Well that is certainly a confusing versioning convention but I guess I see how that works. It'd be nice if the versions could be consistent but...not my game, not my call. Thanks!

Well that is certainly a confusing versioning convention but I guess I see how that works. It'd be nice if the versions could be consistent but...not my game, not my call. Thanks!

Although I was not involved in Sony submission processes, I believe there is no actual choice on the developers part on how to start your version number. So the initial release on PS3 is 1.0, on Vita it is 1.0 and the initial release on PS4 is 1.0 as well. The older systems have had the game longer, so they have received more updates. I fully agree it is confusing as hell at times, but as far as I know each update simply increments the version number automatically and there is nothing we (or Pipeworks from now on) can do about it.

Interesting. The Tonbogiri can in fact be made with Titanium so the update definitely applied what it meant to. So the question becomes "what happened to the chest naming feature?" It isn't a huge issue, though it is certainly a quality of life improvement. Curious to know if anyone else has experienced a similar issue. Thanks for the feedback.

If your world has "Play Online" enabled, you won't be enabled to rename chests.

i am still in 1.05 it wont let me update
You're on PS4? Check your crafting recipes for Tizona, Tonbogiri or a Vulcan Repeater on the PS4. You should be able to make it with Titanium now (previously you could only use Adamantite).

If you can make those with Titanium, you're on the latest update.

Back
Top Bottom