Terraria Future and Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which update do you think was/is the most important one so far?

Votes: 113 13.7%

Votes: 352 42.7%

Votes: 358 43.4%

Votes: 1 0.1%

• Total voters
Well, the two most likely candidates by far are Pixel Piracy and Starbound. There could be other stuff, but it's most likely going to be largely at least one of those two.

Well, the two most likely candidates by far are Pixel Piracy and Starbound. There could be other stuff, but it's most likely going to be largely at least one of those two.

Actually I think they may mean crossover content from Otherworld, which would make perfect sense to do if they were planning an announcement or more spoilers for otherworld.

Actually I think they may mean crossover content from Otherworld, which would make perfect sense to do if they were planning an announcement or more spoilers for otherworld.
Otherworld is still a Terraria game though, so having crossover content from there wouldn't really be something worth noting (And it wouldn't make a lot of sense either if the game is still in development.)

Sure it would make sense! It generates hype for the new game, and gives us a taste of whats to come in the meantime. I will admit that "crossover" content generally comes from a different franchise, but it doesn't have to be.

There's a number of crossovers that could take place. Likely candidates include Shovel Knight and Chivalry content. Considering the existing content partnership with Valve, we could see additional content from them from games like Half Life, CS:GO, Dota 2, and TF2.

It's probably not going to happen, but it would be pretty neat if Terraria got Castle Crashers or Shantae content.

Considering how many indie games Shovel Knight has been in I won't be surprised at all if the crossover is with Shovel Knight.

The DD2 devstream just ended, here's a few spoilers that were mentioned. I don't know what's new or what's been mentioned before but here we go:

New Bank Item, like the Piggy Bank and Safe
Flying Kobold, a DD2 monster that flies, chases you, and suicide bombs you.
3 Bosses, nothing more was said about them. DD2 devs said they want it to be the Demon Lord.
New Sentry Weapons, like the Frost Hydra and Spider Queen
The DD2 invasion content will be accessible in Earlymode (Which appears to be the official name for pre-hardmode as Yoraiz0r called it that.)
The new NPC, the Tavernkeep, is used to access the DD2 invasion content.

(Also, a lot of Terraria content in DD2.)

So now that the pocket mirror is introduced, as well as snake vanity items from Lamia (Both of which coincidentally match what I suggested in my Megadusa thread), I'm hoping for a Marble and maybe even Granite biome update. There's no point to marble, no loot, yet there's a biome dedicated to Medusa/Hoplites.

I've been talking with spyhermit about this on IRC too. He agrees that there needs to be a Hardmode version of Marble, and that Medusa in her current form needs to be back in pre-hardmode, with her drop that is otherwise useless.

If they do incorporate Megadusa, I will as always hope that Cenx sticks up to the "I'll see what I can do" (paraphrased) quote about unnerfed Rod of Discord upgrade from ages ago.
It's been a long time, yes, but I still want it. At least for singleplayer.
And I don't want it to be endgame so that I can't get to use it at all; I want it to be accessible for those who have proven to be endgame-worthy, yet haven't finished the game yet.
Aka "If you got this, you've already proven you'd be able to get it endgame, so you get to have fun with it through the game instead" kinda thing. Defeating Megadusa and using something there to upgrade the RoD, seems like a good idea. Maybe even make the RoD drop from stronger versions of Hallow enemies, whatever it takes.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see if 1.3.5 has anything regarding Marble in store for us :eek:

Let's also hope that chests in marble, granite, desert and so on, finally get their own types of loot and stuff.

EDIT: Giant Marble Golem that assembles from the ground, super tough, best way to take him out is to drill his body parts off or let him fall and break. Cripple him.

Here's a small log of IRC: http://imgur.com/a/dENxi

Last edited:
@Diablonar These are some nice ideas! An expanded granite / marble biome would be quite nice! That upgraded RoD does sound awesome, I'd love to see that again, I loved being able to TP across the world at my own leisure! I think they changed medusa to HM because she was too difficult to deal with, but personally, I liked the risk of the marble biome! But, the loot has never been that good. The granite and marble biomes have never been too exciting, just an interesting mini-biome to deal with underground!

Would love to have some expanded granite/marble especially for marble because I wanna have a renewable source for marble so I don't feel guilty when I destroy a marble cavern for builds.

Also if I had to take a guess at what 1.3.5 update might be about: something with cosmetics like furniture or vanity (lets be honest some stuff kinda looks outdated).

Back
Top Bottom