Console Terraria Console Bugs & Issues Status

I haven't tried the WiiU version yet but I might pick it up eventually. I imagine it's a lot like the 3DS version in terms of building with the touchscreen

Something like that, also on Wii U as on 3DS you can watch the world map in the gamepad and use your normal character on the TV and also you can see if something is happening with your character in case that you open your inventory or a chest, because the chest content/inventory appears in the gamepad and the rest of the things in TV.

After entering hardmode a second crimson spawns on top of my jungle (The Crimson is on the other side of the world.) It keeps me from finding plantera bulbs.
[doublepost=1474764944,1474764891][/doublepost]I have beaten the three mechanical bosses and I'm playing on a large world as well.

After entering hardmode a second crimson spawns on top of my jungle (The Crimson is on the other side of the world.) It keeps me from finding plantera bulbs.
[doublepost=1474764944,1474764891][/doublepost]I have beaten the three mechanical bosses and I'm playing on a large world as well.
That is as designed so it's not a bug. If you have some jungle left, you can protect it by spraying blue solution with the Clentaminator on the edge.
As for finding Plantera bulbs, you can make your own jungle elsewhere with 80+ mud blocks + some Jungle Grass Seeds. Plantera bulbs will spawn if there are no other bulbs within 300 blocks.

I don't know if this has been posted before, but on Xbox One I have an issue when crafting Copper Platings. You craft 1 Copper Plating with 1 Stone Block and 1 Copper Ore. The problem is that after crafting one, the marker is automatically placed where I can craft these platings out of Copper Plating Walls instead. So I have to once again move the marker to where I can craft them out of the right materials.

I don't know if this issue applies to any other crafting recipes or versjons of the game.

This is also happening in XBox 360. Does anyone have a workaround?

Would make sure to submit a ticket to 505 Games customer support. They would be best positioned to help.

XBOX 360:

*all of these have been experienced repeatedly on a 3rd generation Xbox 360 since the last update*
-I have looked and failed to find if anybody else has these same problems.

• when equipped with speed boots (and rocket boots), I could fly and quickly head straight into a flat wall. I would go into the wall and be able to continue flight as if the three blocks I was in weren't there.
• cannot craft the heavy work bench.
-not in menu.
-guide doesn't help.
• fighting golem in a pre-hard mode world. Everything works fine, except he drops no money.

That's all I've got for now.
Been doing a lot of weird stuff Hugh, so more might come soon. Hopefully not.

Love the game.
Played for years.
And soon to have pc.
[doublepost=1475262530,1475262493][/doublepost]XBOX 360:

*all of these have been experienced repeatedly on a 3rd generation Xbox 360 since the last update*
-I have looked and failed to find if anybody else has these same problems.

• when equipped with speed boots (and rocket boots), I could fly and quickly head straight into a flat wall. I would go into the wall and be able to continue flight as if the three blocks I was in weren't there.
-not in menu.
-guide doesn't help.
• fighting golem in a pre-hard mode world. Everything works fine, except he drops no money.

That's all I've got for now.
Been doing a lot of weird stuff Hugh, so more might come soon. Hopefully not.

Love the game.
Played for years.
And soon to have pc.

-not in menu.
-guide doesn't help.
I have the Xbox 360 version as well. :) I tried to replicate your issues and here's what I found...
  • I equipped Frostspark Boots and Rocket Boots and tried running fast then flying. I could never get myself stuck and through a wall. This one may be in the certain way that you are doing it.
  • When I brought my Lihzahrd Altar and Power Cells to a new pre-hardmode world Golem could not be summoned. I believe Plantera needs to be killed before Golem can be summoned. And if Plantera is killed then the world is already in hardmode.
  • If you give the Guide some wood, he'll tell you how to craft the Heavy Work Bench (look for things like the Loom, Keg, Cooking Pot, the Heavy Work Bench is in the same scroll menu). Here is a shot of the Guide giving me the crafting instructions. And then the second image is after I created the Heavy Work Bench and it's in my inventory. (click to enlarge)
screen1.jpg screen2.jpg

• later today, I'll try to replicate it and take pictures so you can see the wall thing. It didn't happen often.. But it was a bit annoying before hard mode, as I would slide into a wall while trying to fly up.
• I'm aware that golem isn't supposed to be summoned in a pre-hard mode world. That's the main reason I mentioned it. The money part was just in case the wiki just hadn't been updated or something. But, I figured not. The world is new. Haven't even fought EoC yet, as I've been building things (teleported hub, farms, etc). It's easier to do it before I get to hard mode because of the lacking enemies. The tiki/spooky armor helps.
• And, lastly, I know the guide should help with that. I've shown him wood and iron, and even placed the iron anvil next to him while I did. Still, it will not show up in my crafting menu. I've checked the entire menu (just in case the bug was it being moved instead of missing), and still nothing.
Rather frustrating really.. The number/letter statues are a large part of organization for me.

Also, I plan to try making a new character and using lead instead of iron. Hopefully one of those works..

Will send pictures later today (Xbox is preoccupied atm)

• later today, I'll try to replicate it and take pictures so you can see the wall thing. It didn't happen often.. But it was a bit annoying before hard mode, as I would slide into a wall while trying to fly up.
• I'm aware that golem isn't supposed to be summoned in a pre-hard mode world. That's the main reason I mentioned it. The money part was just in case the wiki just hadn't been updated or something. But, I figured not. The world is new. Haven't even fought EoC yet, as I've been building things (teleported hub, farms, etc). It's easier to do it before I get to hard mode because of the lacking enemies. The tiki/spooky armor helps.
• And, lastly, I know the guide should help with that. I've shown him wood and iron, and even placed the iron anvil next to him while I did. Still, it will not show up in my crafting menu. I've checked the entire menu (just in case the bug was it being moved instead of missing), and still nothing.
Rather frustrating really.. The number/letter statues are a large part of organization for me.

Also, I plan to try making a new character and using lead instead of iron. Hopefully one of those works..

Will send pictures later today (Xbox is preoccupied atm)
If you show the Guide a Iron/Lead Bar, he really should show the recipe (12 Wood, 8 Iron/Lead Bars). You may have to toggle Show Available->Show All with the X button though and it may be greyed out if you don't have all the components.

If you show the Guide a Iron/Lead Bar, he really should show the recipe (12 Wood, 8 Iron/Lead Bars). You may have to toggle Show Available->Show All with the X button though and it may be greyed out if you don't have all the components.

Okay, I've got pictures now.
1: with ingredients in inventory
2: after talking to guide
3: after making new character and talking to guide

I will update this with the lead anvil/bar once I get some (haven't made a world with it yet)

Okay.. Not sure why, but it won't let me upload the photos. This is turning out to be a bit of a headache.. I'm on an iPhone right now. Does that affect it? I can select the picture, but I can't do anything after that but hit "close"

Alright.. Well, I just checked everything again with lead and still.. Nothing.

Last edited:
You should be able to upload from your iPhone - I do it all the time.

It would be quite odd for a bug tied to golem summoning or a crafting recipe to only occur for one player. Pictures would definitely help. :)

I play Terraria on PS3 but when i was happily playing with 12 WEEKS worth of stuff (really good, so OP), I exited the world and SAVED!!!!! Then i turned the PS3 off for around 2 hours and when i went to play my character wasn't there!!!!!!!!! I know no-one deleted because I was the only one playing and I'm 100% certain that I didn't delete it. Please help me and tell me how this happened because i have no idea why it happened and i don't want it to happen again.

My apologies if this has already been posted. I'm having issues crafting tin plating and stone slab from the heavy work bench. Specifically that when crafting, after one it moves to the option to craft with walls instead of the blocks. I've moved the bench away from all by itself and it still does this. I've taken all walks out of my inventory and also placed walls in my inventory. Nothing seems to work. Weirdly I can craft copper plating blocks with no issues. Meaning I can craft multiple at a time without having to move the cursor back to the block.
Is there a work around for this?

My apologies if this has already been posted. I'm having issues crafting tin plating and stone slab from the heavy work bench. Specifically that when crafting, after one it moves to the option to craft with walls instead of the blocks. I've moved the bench away from all by itself and it still does this. I've taken all walks out of my inventory and also placed walls in my inventory. Nothing seems to work. Weirdly I can craft copper plating blocks with no issues. Meaning I can craft multiple at a time without having to move the cursor back to the block.
Is there a work around for this?
I get that too when the crafting menu is set to "Show All" recipes. My workaround is to toggle with X/Sq to only "Show Available" instead.

Reactions:
Back
Top Bottom