Other Game Minecraft Thread

I mostly watch Etho and CaptainSparklez. Although i'm not a big Minecraft fan anymore, I still enjoy playing the game for what it is. And I really find it a pretty good game to be honest.

I mostly watch Etho and CaptainSparklez. Although i'm not a big Minecraft fan anymore, I still enjoy playing the game for what it is. And I really find it a pretty good game to be honest.

Minecraft doesn't have fans anymore. Anyone who still plays it either builds in Creative or... no that's about it I think.

Minecraft doesn't have fans anymore. Anyone who still plays it either builds in Creative or... no that's about it I think.

I didn't mention anything about the fans of Minecraft or anything about there being any, you seem like a person who likes to start arguments.
Also, judging by the thousands of units of Minecraft bought and the massive load of let's plays uploaded on YouTube everyday..

I think that's a pretty crummy opinion right there. ;^)

I didn't mention anything about the fans of Minecraft or anything about there being any, you seem like a person who likes to start arguments.
Also, judging by the thousands of units of Minecraft bought and the massive load of let's plays uploaded on YouTube everyday..

I think that's a pretty crummy opinion right there. ;^)

What? Did I say something to provoke you? No you're right, I usually do, but this time... I think you have some unresolved issues pal, seek help.

Minecraft still has lots of fans. If you count the people on servers like Hypixel. If you mean vanilla, then it is possible almost no one likes to do that anymore.

Minecraft still has lots of fans. If you count the people on servers like Hypixel. If you mean vanilla, then it is possible almost no one likes to do that anymore.

Hype-what? Yeah I mean vanilla. Out of the 8 people I used to have on my server, only one ever downgraded to 1.9. And only two downgraded to 1.8. Since both these updates pretty much nuked all their mods, and the ones I had on the server.

1.8 seems reasonable, if unfinished. I play vanilla (aside from OptiFine), mostly because mods are a little too much hassle for me right now.

[Correct me if I'm wrong.] 1.8 added the Ocean Temples, with associated Prismarine items, and added andesite, diorite and granite. All of these could have provided some variety in building, but all are limited to a 'rough' and 'smooth' variant (with near-identical default graphics). No slabs, no double slabs, no stairs, no fences, no bricks.
Herein lies an example of what I feel makes the game incomplete. There was an opportunity here to give players more variety and customisation in building, and it wasn't done. Instead, everyone is back to using cobble / wood for everything. I did create a RP to change the smooth variants to bricks, so I had some variety. 1.9 added Purpur and End Stone with the same 'issue' for some - no bricks, no slabs, no stairs, no fences, ... So why bother using them? Clay (used to make plain bricks) is ridiculously rare, so plain bricks probably won't be used for building.

(Rarity is only applicable to Survival of course, but the lack of extra building options without mods would affect both.)

Moving on: all brick varieties have a blast resistance of 30. Creepers don't care if you're using easily-obtainable cobble or 'requires two rounds in a furnace' cracked stone bricks. Boom! There goes your work. Either use the cheap and readily available stuff, or turn off mob griefing. Bricks should have a higher blast resistance.

It'd also be nice to build structures out of obsidian and mud (bricks, stairs, fences, slabs, etc.; where mud is dirt + water bucket). Maybe even bedrock, for the Creative players. Mud could be used as replacement for clay to make bricks.

It frustrates me when I see unrealised potential (in my opinion anyway). :)

Is there an official place for MC suggestions? The above have probably been suggested before, but anyway...

What? Did I say something to provoke you? No you're right, I usually do, but this time... I think you have some unresolved issues pal, seek help.

Nah, you didn't really catch my attention. You just bought up an unrelated topic and quoted my post in it. It was a clearly something to bait somebody into a discussion, since it was a clearly off-opinion.

Also, your last sentence made me giggle a little, it's a pretty far-fetched assumption.

Snapshots for Minecraft 1.10 have started to be released. (Link is for the 1.10 changelist in the Wiki.)

So far, it's starting to look more like the Minecraft I enjoy. There's mention of new blocks (Bone, Magma, Nether Wart and Red Nether Brick), new structures (Fossils and new mine shafts) and a new polar bear mob. It looks like the mineshaft + Mesa setup from PE is being transcribed to PC like they did with beetroot.

I'd like to explore and find and see all the new content legitimately in survival. But I don't want to start a new world and I've explored so much of the current world (at least +/- 30,000 in each direction) that I'd have to go very far to find any new content. That's assuming that the new content would generate in older world - I'm pretty sure it could if I explore ungenerated chunks? And there's still the utter mess that is combat changes...

Snapshots for Minecraft 1.10 have started to be released. (Link is for the 1.10 changelist in the Wiki.)

So far, it's starting to look more like the Minecraft I enjoy. There's mention of new blocks (Bone, Magma, Nether Wart and Red Nether Brick), new structures (Fossils and new mine shafts) and a new polar bear mob. It looks like the mineshaft + Mesa setup from PE is being transcribed to PC like they did with beetroot.

I'd like to explore and find and see all the new content legitimately in survival. But I don't want to start a new world and I've explored so much of the current world (at least +/- 30,000 in each direction) that I'd have to go very far to find any new content. That's assuming that the new content would generate in older world - I'm pretty sure it could if I explore ungenerated chunks? And there's still the utter mess that is combat changes...
Yeah you'd need to generate new chunks to see new content. I found that out by playing a vanilla world I had with mods because none of the new stuff showed up until I moved a lot further.

The next release was far quicker than expected: Minecraft 1.10.

Changes are basically the same as I mentioned previously:
  • New blocks: Magma, Nether Wart, Red Nether Brick, Bone
  • Structures: Fossils, Mineshafts in the Mesa, double height mushrooms
  • Mobs: Polar Bear, Stray (special Skeletons in Ice), Husk (special Zombies in Desert)
  • Villages: Can generate in taiga, savannah/taiga village have different design, zombie villages
  • Plus a bunch of changes to coding, sounds, commands, etc.
This sounds like the kind of update I'd like. It gives me a reason to explore and there are new things to find and build. (It's kind of exciting thinking about populating my 'museum' with the new things hehe.)

Does anyone know of any mods that undo the combat changes in 1.9, or at least make them bearable? I don't really want to use Creative Mode for exploring, but I don't like the combat changes either...

Hi guys @Tunnel King told me to come here to advertise my live server on xbox 360. just join garnetfan8 if you want to play. also please select a guild and dye your helmet that color that is in the chest when you join then just survive. you also can betray a gold and join another if you want,just tell the guild your going to join

A few months ago I tried out Alpha 1.2 Minecraft for the first time in years. I had a blast with it, so darn fun, a lot more so than the later versions. It might be of nostalgia though.

Oh yeah I just remembered this thread exists. How is Minecraft holding up now that 1.10.2 got released awhile ago?

Back
Top Bottom