Other [Sprites] A few small texture changes, nothing more

Which of the proposed texture changes do you think would improve the game just *that* little bit?

• Total voters

360Chadscope

Pixel Pirate
Chadwick presents... A few small changes to textures and such that I think would improve the game just a little bit.

:red: it's him again
Yes, reader, I'm back.
what's it this time
A few small texture changes that in my humble opinion would improve the game just that little bit.
that little bit?
That little bit that will make this game the most popular game in the world!
really?
no not that but these changes would be cool just stay right there and I'll show you.

You might remember this one from TO.
*ahem*
Ever noticed how all of the wooden Breastplates have the same shape and only the colour is different? Pretty lazy, isn't it? Almost no other (if any other) armour sets do this (pre-hardmode ore what?. I mean, the helmets have different shapes. Why not the breastplates as well?
Because of this, I propose the following change to be made:
04DiP0Q.png

The changes are very small but they're enough to make the breastplates more than just recolours of the normal wooden one.
Speaking about wood recolours,
Silly bows. They all look like recolours of eachother, even the Pre-HM ore-crafted ones. I've only got new textures for the wooden ones though. Sorry.
Anyways, here are the new textures for the wooden bows:
3QoDcsZ.png

Just like the breastplate changes not necessary, but just nice. Nice.
YES I KNOW THAT NO ONE USES THESE BOWS AND BREASTPLATES EXCEPT FOR THE NORMAL WOODEN ONES SHUT UP
Buffs for minions and mounts should be -wait for it- yellow. Pets should be orange-ish and transformations should be purple. I think having buffs coloured on whether you can click them away or not is not clear enough.
SruQJSI.png
This one is actually by @m31k. New wood textures. Really, why do they all look like eachother in your hand while when you place them down they're obviously different?
index.php
Another one by @m31k. Tbh, I didn't even know there were wooden hammers other than the normal wooden one.
index.php

If you want to support (some of these) changes, here is a support banner:

Quack.

Last edited:
This is just plain common sense. All items should have something that distinguishes it from others in its niche, and not be a somewhat lazy recolour/reskin. This shouldn't be too hard to implement, and the sprites are appealing to the eye; can't think of a reason to NOT support this.

t's good.... those 2 purple icons makes me realize that there should be more transformations.
Yup. Maybe even some vanity ones :p
Yes. The current sprites are too bland.
Indeed.
This is just plain common sense. All items should have something that distinguishes it from others in its niche, and not be a somewhat lazy recolour/reskin. This shouldn't be too hard to implement, and the sprites are appealing to the eye; can't think of a reason to NOT support this.
Thanks!
I can't add the banner. Lol I love it all
You should be able to just copy it and paste it in your signature. Idunno, works for me :p
And thanks!

All of the changes you have suggested, though small, are brilliant!
I wonder why they aren't in the game already, they're so minor, yet change so much.
My favourite change has to be the different buff colours. The flask buffs are different, so it makes sense for there to be more colour variety in the other buff icons.
Also, the bow changes are basically essential, we need them now!

Overall, this definitely gains my support, it would be silly for the devs not to implement this.

not sure if i like those new wood types, this will be harder for me to recognise wood.
Not true, I sprited them how they are placed. It is nothing hard to recognise these types of wood. Old trully you couldn't recognise them if you don't see colours and see everything in in black-white colours.
EDIT: Just little edited because I said something wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom