• Yes

• No

• I can't read

Results are only viewable after voting.

darthmorf

Treederator
Staff member
Nice looking thread.png

Hello people! In this simple guide, I will be showing you how to make thread that looks nice! Hopefully, this should be the answer to all those wall of texts. Behold; How to make a thread that looks nice!

kdcROYP.png

Some basic points
First of all, here are some simple ways to make it look better.
  • Make sure all subtitles are slightly bigger than the normal font size, but not too much bigger. Also, you can make them bold and underlined as well.
  • Divide it up into nice, readable little chunks.
  • Don't go spoiler mad. yes, they can help, but having loads and loads does not look good.

Fonts and colours
I advise you to stick to the default font and colour, as much as you can. Remember, things will look different with different forum themes. The default colour changes to suit each theme, therefore it is best to stick to that. The same goes for fonts. The default font is default for a reason. It looks the best. Other fonts can be interesting sometimes, but generally you should stick to the default.

Images
Images make your thread look nice. There are many ways to use them. When you are including sprites, make sure the image is visible, and not just a link.
There are a three images you can use to break things up a bit in your thread,
kdcROYP.png

kdcROYP bottom.png

divider.png
(thanks @PeggleFrank for the last one)
When doing rarities for items in suggestions, you can also use these rarity images;
Rarity_color_negative.png
Rarity_color_0.png
Rarity_color_1.png
Rarity_color_2.png
Rarity_color_3.png
Rarity_color_4.png
Rarity_color_5.png
Rarity_color_6.png
Rarity_color_7.png
Rarity_color_8.png
Rarity_color_9.png
Rarity_color_quest.png
Your suggestion will look a lot better with sprites. There are many people that will make them for you, here is a thread dedicated to requests.

Another way to make your thread look professional, is to get a custom banner made! here is another request dedicated thread. what a beautiful shameless plug...

Spelling
Although not strictly looks, spelling is important as well, and it does actually change the 'feel' of the thread. Good spelling makes the thread seem more professional, while bad spelling make it seem less. Google Chrome has a built in spelling corrector, so you can use this to check your spelling. Otherwise just use a dictionary! Thanks @Milt69466 for suggesting this section.

kdcROYP bottom.png

I hope this has helped you, and remember; No more walls of text!

Last edited:
There are certain parts lacking which could most definitely improve the general quality of the thread, but nonetheless this is helpful, at least to a degree.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there's also an extremely nice "carved" dividing line. It's similar to the one with the tree, but slightly less fancy.

Decent guide overall. It could use a bit more information, although I'm not sure what kind of information it needs.

EDIT:

divider.png

Here you go. It was hidden in one of the rulebooks.

Last edited:
What I meant is a plain white dividing line. Not sure about the proper term.
Is there a code for it or you upload a pic?

We only have the two for now. We may or may not add others as we move along.

Only general advice is to always consider your audience and what you want communicated/what reaction you want up front....and write accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom