Yoraiz0r
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Is 1.3.1 going to be ONLY wire, or just based around wire, with some various things thrown in?
    Sonnette
    Sonnette
    But that shouldn't limit you.
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    well technically its called the mechanics update, and its wires & mechanics, by mechanics you may have to guess what I mean, but it's definitely not only wire related.
    (I believe I've added... 2 features not related to wires at all , right now?)
    Sonnette
    Sonnette
    Okay, thanks!
    Cool! , maybe you should add wrench modifiers...
    WilliamD
    WilliamD
    I am thinking this would probably be better off as a suggestion :).
    Yeah, i wanted be on the Relogic team but i'm insanelly young, my headset broke and hotmail and skype don't are working.
    Jamm6
    Jamm6
    so i'm completly useless until me skype work again.
    i will try to make that thing work again, also i have twelve years :/
    Yorai can you secretly add Yorick Mori to the next version of Terraria? i mean.... just because Rito gave up on him, doesn't mean he doesn't deserve to be loved T_T
    Not gonna lie, Yorai is secretly a majick ninj0r who moonlights as a mildmannered coder by day , and a deathdealing lazor fairy witch from another dimension by night

oops, i meant to say SPOILERS!
    Hey, thanks for being part of the team. I feel like I don't tell the other members besides red and cenx that enough.
    An additional wire colour is very exciting news! Can you shed some light on the nature of the logic gates? We have put a lot of effort into creating them in-game at T-MEC recently, and it's been a lot of work, so it would be nice to know what we are running up against. :(
    CinnamonSnowball
    CinnamonSnowball
    Yorai nailed it without reworking whole wiring system. He's amazing.
    MegaMage314 🌳
    MegaMage314 🌳
    And he did in a way that makes so much sense, in retrospect it seems so obvious...
    Niranufoti
    Niranufoti
    Am I mistaken or can any of AND, NAND, OR and NOR be used interchangeably? I mean, if you take an AND gate with all inputs active, a single pulse to any input will turn it off, sending a pulse - just as if it was a completely inactive OR gate.
    Hmm, so no Starbound-like Wireless System? I think it would be cool to have that. Or at least have wireless "magic" transmitters that let you hook up distant areas together (ideally where you label the transmittors and they connect to anything else with the same label).
    If we have logic gates, does that mean wires are going to switch between a fixed on/off state rather than send pulses like they do now? I hope so.
    D
    Drachasor
    Hmm, seems like an on/off current makes things more stable and lag-proof at least and allows larger systems to be built and work on servers. I know I have had problems with large actuator systems in the past with the signal not reaching all the way. Without that I guess you have a gate just remember a recently received ping for a set amount of time?
    D
    Drachasor
    Err, character limits.
    Fair enough on Wireless, though I think having the ability to send some signals a long distance would be a nice compromise while still using wires otherwise.
    Sorry to bother you so much. Just curious. I'll refrain from pestering you more than this.
    DicemanX
    DicemanX
    Indeed, plenty of builds have been created thus far with mechanisms that simulate logic gates, so logic gating is most certainly possible in Terraria :).
    Rest in peace, Bit[7] of bTileHeader of Tile.cs. You will be missed.
    zrgyDPR.gif
    ZeroGravitas
    ZeroGravitas
    Ah, yes! Actuators are a seventh layer (I forgot), of course.
    Chazm
    Chazm
    What if the entire array of i integers die and are slowly replaced with different ones?
    Then we'd all be screwed.
    RIP[TCF.Users.i]
    for (i = 0; i < NewUsers; i++)
    Chazm
    Chazm
    also, Bit[7] just so happens to be abbrieviated/equal to b8 in BitsByte.cs.
    it's all[7] = b8 guys, don't listen to it
    This just in: I have developed SERIOUS trust issues. ;x;
    A
    Arthurdigit
    that is bad
    TheQuietBisharp
    TheQuietBisharp
    Yo Yorai, we got your back. Which you may want the oppsoite of at this rate, sorry.
    R
    Red H2O
    Yet another thing you've developed. Trust Issues confirmed for true final boss.
    Real talk, though, a healthy amount of suspicion and paranoia keeps you alive.
    What kind of bug would make the cultists just sink into the ground on multiplayer? How does that work?
    Hie the Badger
    Hie the Badger
    I was told to ask this person and I don't care if the sinking was fixed in 1.3.0.4. What I'm asking..

Is how such a bug actually works. Why do they sink.
    Bezixx
    Bezixx
    It's a magic. Though now I understand why you were told to ask him...
    Yoraiz0r
    Yoraiz0r
    There's actually a plethora of reasons such bugs can occur - the primary one and the original suspect was the synchronization of the NPCs going wrong (primarily in unloaded chunks)
    Other silly things include floating point comparisons deciding that 1081 is not equal to 1081 and so on. ~_~;
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom