Pixel Art 00Banshee's sprite thread

00Banshee00

Skeletron
Pixels of the Banshee

Well hello there lost traveller! Looks like you've stumbled upon the long forgotten abode of the Banshee. Please do stay a while. I so rarely do get visitors anymore. Don't worry I won't harm you. Enjoy yourself, and feast your eyes on my pixels while you are here(or punish your eyes). When you think you've spent enough time here and want to return back to the mortal realm remember that there's nothing stopping from doing so and that you are free to return anytime you wish.

If you had a pleasurable stay, please do remember to tell the people who are need of the Banshee's hospitality. And if you wish to, you may also request the Banshee to add a new pixel for display, and you also get a clone which you get to use. Anyone can ask

Conditions for a request:
  1. The Banshee does pixels on basis of who asked first. So it's first come first serve.
  2. The more complex a request, the more time it will take since the ingredients for a successful pixel are hard to come by.
  3. The proper ingredients for certain pixels are extremely rare to find so certain pixels like characters and armors won't be the best.
  4. A proper description would be very helpful in making a pixel of your dreams.

Latest pixels(upto 5):

xvNMpcb.png

Old pixels(archive of sorts):

Nothing so far. Check the old intro for my previous stuff that I did a couple of years ago.

00Banshee00's sprites
index.php

Welcome to my very own sprites thread! You can request for sprites here. Currently, I can only make weapons(I'm still learning how to make characters and armor).

So what are you waiting for? Ask away!(please read rules before asking)

The Rules

As mentioned above, I can only make weapons.
It would be really good if you gave a brief description on how you want the item to be.
NO spamming or begging for sprites.
Also, the TCF rules should be followed as well.

My first ever sprite(not happy about this. Will make a better version of it.)
QJwMdxa.png

A Sniper Rifle(Intervention with camo)
0Fs4Wyj.png
A katana(requested by @Soulight)
wyVJur3.png
A Sword of Flesh, requested by @Soulight
cZxDkfg.png

Request by Doom0 for his thread
67AK9Ff.png
P4BZ5Np.png
HJCoTQw.png
Qp58te5.png
MjK8Dpc.png

Request by Lukeman060607
G4UidNk.png

Request by EnderKid64
AeDP4Zh.png

Request by Doom0
2ZMxk8v.png

Queued:
Darkninja's Lighting Scythe
GeckoGamer's Spear
Doom0's Hammer
-Empty-
-Empty-

index.php

If you think I can improve my sprites in anyway, don't hesitate to tell.

Last edited:
Yes, there's a lot to improve. First of all, They are really, really bland. When you're shading, don't just darken or lighten the color. Use hues. (You might find this useful when choosing a palette). If you can't seem to find a good palette, steal one from the spriters that inspire you. With time, you'll learn to choose your own.

Second, they are not Terraria-style (if you were going with the style at all). If you noticed, most of the weapons are 32x32. Yours are much bigger. Terraria has all sprites 2x2, yours are 3x3. I've seen worse, don't worry. All spriters were like this. You'll improve with time.

Request time! Since you don't have a sword in the OP, I'll request a sword. A simple, nice-looking katana will do the job.

Last edited:
Quick question. Are they supposed to be 32x32 after you resize them into 2x2 pixels, or before?
Actually, biggest sprite is something like 30x20, can't really remember. Anyway, what I meant was that most spriters start with a 32x32 canvas (even 16x16 for ores). You should have it 32x32 before resizing anyway. My process is : Make 32x32 canvas. Draw sprite. Resize to 64x64. Autocrop. Most of the sprites will turn out somewhere near 50x30/40.

As far as I can remember, the Sniper Rifle is 2x2...
Whoops! Yes, it is 2x2, but it is still really big. 238x74 is HUGE compared to Terraria's weapons. Though not all the sprites need to be Terraria-related, I was just pointing out in case you wanted to be in that style.

You should check out the guides in my signature. Too lazy to link them here (jk Beginner Spriting Guide, by Balduran and Coloring and Shading Guide, by Luke Oliveem)

Last edited:
Okay then. Lemme think...
What about another sword? A real challenge this time. A giant sword made for... giants! Handle made from bones, blade from flesh, with bone spikes rising here and there.
I think I saw it or something similar somewhere, but I can't remember where. So it's up to your imagination! Good luck!

Okay then. Lemme think...
What about another sword? A real challenge this time. A giant sword made for... giants! Handle made from bones, blade from flesh, with bone spikes rising here and there.
I think I saw it or something similar somewhere, but I can't remember where. So it's up to your imagination! Good luck!
Challenge accepted.
It will take some time though...

Last edited:
Anyway I could improve myself?
Well, to get yourself started, other than the guide thread:
-try copying other people's style (no recoloring, that's one of the worst approaches), as in: "I see spriter X has made a golden sword, what would it look like if he/she made a plate of fries or a leather bag?" and trying your best to draw that;
-don't enforce strict rules on your sprites (such as: "every color needs 10 more luminosity", "I need to make the light level go down because I'm a block further from the outline"). Instead, picture the object in your hand IRL and keep trying to put your colors right. Color choice is very hard on organic materials. Also, the easiest things to shade are metallic, a bit harder is stone, then even harder to do is wood, then leather and clothing, then transparent sprites (a gemstone, a bottle...)
-Don't do things that require too many details because hinting at details with pixel art is hard

Try to make a steel mace or dagger like the guide Freenight presented you shows you to.

Edit: Use 5 colors including the outline for starters.
Sounds like a sound advice to me. And I believe you've already checked Balduran's guide.

The rest is just practice, I believe. If you're willing to take my word for it, you seem to have a certain flair for it, so keep it up.

Here you go @Soulight:
cZxDkfg.png

I finished it awhile ago, but my internet was not working for my computer, so I couldn't upload...

Anyway I could improve myself?
I like the design of the sword. I like the handle and it's colors. Though the blade colors are a big no-no. They are just too dark compared to the bones that they don't mix well together. (at least for me)

Not bad at all for a beginner. These are really good compared to what I did when I just started. (Think of a bland, cyan bow that looks like a boomerang with strings.

Woah, you sprite banshee? Awesome!
The current things you made look awesome.

But, this is my request.
Can you please sprite my weapons from my lunatic cultist post? it currently has no sprites.
The link is in my signature.

Thanks !​

Woah, you sprite banshee? Awesome!
The current things you made look awesome.

But, this is my request.
Can you please sprite my weapons from my lunatic cultist post? it currently has no sprites.
The link is in my signature.

Thanks !​
Can do. Will take some time though... Will PM you if I have any questions.

Back
Top Bottom