Weapons & Equip Pre-HM Sword Upgrades

Redstonetam15

Eater of Worlds
Remember the the days when this used to be the strongest sword?:
Fiery_Greatsword.png
Not that I was there or anything, but I want to revive that moment in HM. Now for a quick note, all the names are references to ROBLOX. Now we've got that covered, lets get started.
All of these will be used as a 2 slash 1 stab combo.
Fireblade
20110904041914%21Fiery_Greatsword.png

Damage: 85
Knockback: 7.5
Use Time: 30 (All swords in this suggestion have auto-swing)
Crit Chance: 6%
Tooltip: Where's the fire?
(Gives "On Fire!" Debuff)
Sell Price: 1 Gold 65 Silver
Crafting: Fiery Greatsword, 15 Hellstone Bars, Magma Stone, 10 Ectoplasm

Venomsting
20110724213005%21Blade_of_Grass.png

Damage: 79
Knockback: 6
Use Time: 27
Tooltip: It stings!
Crafting: Blade of Grass, 10 Chlorophyte Bars, 2 Vials of Venom, 10 Ectoplasm
Sell Price: 1 Gold 50 Silver
(Inflicts "Venom" Debuff)

Katana of Fate

Damage: 59
Use Time: 18
Knockback: 4
Tooltip: It always chooses the fate of death.
Use Time: 1 Gold 50 Silver
Crafting: Maramusa, 100 Bone, 5 of each Mech Soul, 10 Ectoplasm
(Effects "Condemned" Debuff. Gives a random debuff, except Horrified. Lasts for 5 minutes. If the debuff is gone before the Condemned debuff is gone, another debuff is applied. Does not work on Undead. Tooltip: "Your fate has been chosen.")

Shadowheart
20131007003927%21Light%27s_Bane.png

Damage: 75
Use Time: 20
Knockback: 9
Crit Chance: 8%
Tooltip: Tainted with the dark spirits of the Corrupted.
Crafting: Light's Bane, 10 Souls of Night, Dark Shard, 5 Souls of Fright, 10 Ectoplasm, 25 Shadow Scales
Sell Price: 1 Gold 50 Silver
(Inflicts Debuff "Tainted." Slows down enemies by 65%, does 4 damage a second. Vile thorn will also inflict this, albeit only 1 DpS and only 45% Slowness, with the name "Darkness." Tooltip: You have been tainted by the souls of the dark.)

Horrorheart
SdnPFCY.png

Damage: 84
Knockback: 12
Crit Chance: 7%
Use Time: 29
Tooltip: Man, that's a lot of organs...
Crafting: Bloody Butcherer, 15 Tissues, 10 Vertabrae, 20 Bones, 10 Ectoplasm, 5 Souls of Night
Gives "Crippled" Debuff.
(Crippled will give a 50% slowness buff, and deal 3 DoT for 10 seconds.
Tooltip: You are Crippled)

Last edited:
I think maybe a hard mode version of the Blade of Grass except it inflicts venom would be pretty cool,
Maybe a combination of blade of grass 5 Spider Fangs and a bezoar. It should let you be immune to poison while holding it and shoot Spider Fangs like hornets shooting stingers when you swing. It would make farming in the Jungle easier for people who are sticking to Melee in early hard mode.

This can be obtained Pre-HM

Buff the crafting and you got yourself partial support.

I just don't like Roblox, biased me.

I think maybe a hard mode version of the Blade of Grass except it inflicts venom would be pretty cool,
Maybe a combination of blade of grass 5 Spider Fangs and a bezoar. It should let you be immune to poison while holding it and shoot Spider Fangs like hornets shooting stingers when you swing. It would make farming in the Jungle easier for people who are sticking to Melee in early hard mode.
I intend for these swords to stick to their non-projectile roots.
You can get all of those things prehardmode though.
I noticed that

This can be obtained Pre-HM

Buff the crafting and you got yourself partial support.

I just don't like Roblox, biased me.
I noticed that, and I make most of my suggestions either references to games we don't already have, or improvements on the current game.

I intend for these swords to stick to their non-projectile roots.
Ahh, ok didn't realize realize that. Mabye, have the swords do special moves or something similar to how the Arkhalis is sort of special in its swing.

Mabye the Fire Blade can leave a flaming trail after being swung that deals damage? I think the swords might need a pretty big buff because the venom sting is at level of getting a Terrablade... Yet it's damage is extremely lowered.

Ahh, ok didn't realize realize that. Mabye, have the swords do special moves or something similar to how the Arkhalis is sort of special in its swing.

Mabye the Fire Blade can leave a flaming trail after being swung that deals damage? I think the swords might need a pretty big buff because the venom sting is at level of getting a Terrablade... Yet it's damage is extremely lowered.
Im considering a combo for 2 overhead swings and then 1 1 second long shortsword stab.

I think you need to either change the recipe or increase the damage on both swords, they can only be obtained after Plantera has been defeated. The Chlorophyte Claymore is faster, shoots a projectile, deals more damage and can be obtained pre-plantera.

I think you need to either change the recipe or increase the damage on both swords, they can only be obtained after Plantera has been defeated. The Chlorophyte Claymore is faster, shoots a projectile, deals more damage and can be obtained pre-plantera.

Yup the Weapons need a definite buff either that or make them early hard mode.

I'm all in favor of a hardmode version of The Bee's Knees

I could just imagine the hard mode Bees Knees... Against the Wall of Flesh my Unreal Bees Knees did 400 DPS.

Update:
Finished Fireblade!
Finished Venomsting!
Finished Katana of Fate!
Finished Shadowheart!
Will add the Bloody Butcherer sword soon!(Plz change the title to "Pre-HM Sword Upgrades.)

There's a problem...

...the Night's Edge problem. Perhaps one of the things is that the Night's Edge would be EASILY crafted before any of THESE would be craftable, therefore requiring people with 2 of each copy of a sword to both of them. RNG won't be happy giving you 2 of the Muramasas (or Muramasae? I don't know which is the proper plural.) in the same dungeon... just so that you can have the Night's Edge AND the 4 upgrades. It's a one or the other kind of thing. Unlike the Megashark, which is fine for 2 upgrade paths, the Muramasa isn't that well equipped for two upgrade paths. To be honest, it wasn't that well prepared for the Night's Edge (I am sure the Muramasa was intended to be a one off sword, not a 4 swords + more power from the Corruption = awesome sword, although it ended up being that way.) upgrade. Yeah, how can we fix it?

Muramasa fragments dropped by Pre-HM foes that act kind of like Paladins, but instead of giving a full weapon, it gives fragments, and lots of them. about 1000 HP with a higher attack, higher defense, but lower speed, but not to the Hardmode levels, would be Pre-Hardmode mini-boss material if you think about balancing it a bit better.
In fact, I think what I just gave out as a suggestion to add to this one is worth being it's own suggestion. might start working on it tomorrow due to the magic power of drafts.

And that's why they added dungeon crates! So if RNG isn't in your favor you can fish up some more Muramasas! (It's new to 1.3)

Back
Top Bottom