100+ Reasons to GET HYPED!!! Extensive 1.3 trailer content list

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Put a lot of blood, sweat, and time into making this list. Hopefully I got all of the important things and at least 90% of the harder-to-find stuff, so here we go!

Just in case you needed them, here are a hundred reasons to GET HYPED!!!

1. Golden Bug Net, and golden Bugs to catch with it!
2. Placeable vines which can be used as ropes and as decoration!
3. Dripping water (and other liquids) visual effect!
Pic 1.PNG

Pic 2.PNG

4. Fireplace and Chimney furniture tiles for livelier houses!
5. Mysterious hand thing on a plaque... is it a weapon or a trophy?
6. Corruption Crate obtained by fishing... which means biome-specific crates, and probably biome-specific loot!
Pic 3.PNG
Pic 4.PNG

7. A Scrooge-like NPC, which I assume to be the Tax Collector!
8. He's hitting a Jungle Bat with a cane! NPC self defense!
9. A whole set of Marble/Granite (which one is the white one again?) furniture... super classy!
10. A Sink! New type of furniture item!
11. The once-ugly Fountains appear to have gotten a much-needed face-lift!
12. A 2x2 item display plaque like I've always wanted! (These are used quite a bit in the builds shown in the trailer!)
13. A Grindstone furniture/functional item! Wonder what it'll do?
14. Roman armor set! Almost certainly found as a drop from Roman Skeletons in the new biome shown below.
15. Medusa's head mounted on a plaque! Is it a boss trophy, or just a furniture item?
Pic 5.PNG

16. The Alchemy Table, a furniture item which grants a chance to not consume ingredients when crafting a potion!
17. Herb Planters, a special tile for housing your alchemy plants! Whether they are just decorative or have some special function, I don't know.
18. Pink Peace Candle, crafted with Pink Gel as suggested by Ilmarinen! If it is as he planned it, it reduces enemy spawn rate around it!
19. Staff of Regrowth reboot! As suggested by zimberzimber, this Staff has been granted additional abilities, such as planting Moss on Stone as seen here.
20. Giant flowery fire plants!
Pic 6.PNG

21. New strange alien/mutant mount creature! What do you think it is?
22. Laser Machinegun, a new magic weapon!
23. Martian vanity outfit!
24. Attacking while mounted without having to dismount!
Pic 7.PNG

25. Dragon(?) armor/vanity set! Wonder where it comes from?
26. Sticky javelin-like throwing weapons! New type of consumable item!
27. Pink Torch! Probably linked to Pink Gel, or maybe a new type of Gem!
28. New Camp Fires, and possibly a re-textured original!
29. New Skeleton NPC vendor! Throws bones at enemies! (His name references Grim Fandango and his dialogue references Diablo 3. Neat!)
30. New YoYo weapon type!
31. Updated and animated coins!
32. A whole granite biome, with Granite Golems and Granite Elemental enemies!
Pic 8.PNG
Pic 9.PNG

Pic 10.PNG

33. Roman skeletons! Medusa enemies! What biome could this be?
34. Structured underground ruins, with platformed walkways and the appearance of a logical building!
35. Petrification debuff! Don't get turned to stone! (And that's a lot of damage, ouch!)
36. Brass lantern light-source pet!
37. Purple bouncing dagger spell!
38. Mothron wings!
39. Crimson sword that fires a bouncing Ichor bolt!
Pic 11.PNG
Pic 11-12.PNG

Pic 12.PNG
Pic 13.PNG

40. Hallowed version of a new biome! Underground desert? The Roman biome? Maybe they're the same thing!
41. Charge-to-power-up explosive magic spell!
42. Pufferfish Balloon!
43. Bouncing crimson light-source pet! Crimson Heart, perhaps?
44. Mysterious new block! Retexture of an old ore? A new mineral entirely?
45. Speedy spiked ball of death! Probably a new minion, but it's hard to tell because it's so fast! :confused:
Pic 14.PNG

Pic 15.PNG
Pic 15-16.PNG

46. Pirate airship boss!
47. Throwable smoke bomb potions!
Pic 16.PNG

48. New information utilities that can be used from the inventory, both yours and your friend's!
49. Hel-Fire YoYo weapon upgrade!
50. New Solar Eclipse mobs based of classic horror films!
51. Super Healing Potions that restore 250 health!
52. The Daybreak, a massive solar javelin weapon!
53. Solar-y Chests, part of a Solar-y furniture set!
54. This altar-thing looks a bit like the Solar Pillar, doesn't it?
Pic 17.PNG

Pic 18.PNG

55. Unicorn mount!
56. Shadowflame magic!
57. New Goblin invader! What is that on his back?
58. Dryad casting a leafy death circle to help in the fight!
59. Wall of Cursed Flames!
60. Strange purple planty thing!
61. Liberty mask! Is it an armor piece or a vanity item? (And no, it's not a Spectre Mask. I checked.)
62. Sparkly firework magic staff! Take that mysterious new goblin invader!
Pic 19.PNG

Pic 20.PNG

63. MEOWMERE! The epic endgame sword that shoots Nyan Cat heads to get enemies rekt! Also, the player with Meowmere is wearing Turtle Armor with new Negative Dye!
64. Martian/Lunar mining mount revealed in one of the initial 1.3 spoilers!
65. Martian Madness! Aliens! UFOs! Tripods! Turrets! LASERS!
66. Invasion progress tracker, so you always know how far you have to go to complete an event!
67. Martian Conduit Plating! Martian block material that is likely responsible for the UFO housing and furniture in the corner!
Pic 21.PNG

index.php
Here's a pic where you can clearly see the Negative Dye at work. Thanks, Hundjäger18!

68. This bow is the Bee's Knees! (No really, that's what it's called! :p)
69. Eye of Cthulhu goes super fast in Expert tantrum mode! BRING IT ON
70. Living Fire Blocks seem to cause dripping lava underneath them, unless something else is.
71. There's another throwable javelin weapon! This one pierces enemies instead of sticking to them.
72. Bouncy Dynamite made with Pink Gel!
Pic 22.PNG
Pic 23.PNG
Pic 24.PNG

73. The Cyber armor and wings we see in Crowno's art!
74. Phantasm lunar triple-bow!
75. New debuff! Looks like the head of some sort of beast...
76. Treasure Bags! Probably contains some secret Expert Mode loot!
77. Intimidating green floating orbs! Where did they come form?
78. UFO pet!
Pic 25.PNG

Pic 26.PNG

Also, Duke Fishron's flesh and blood are now blue instead of red. Nice catch, DestroyerArcher!

79. The cultists again! Cthulhu Lovecraftian coin of ancient power! Archer cultists who didn't appear in the initial spoiler!
80. Lord Placrownon (Crowno and Lord Plaguerion's evil hybrid brother) is behind Terraria's ultimate evil!!
Pic 27.PNG

Pic 28.PNG

(Oh wow look, I managed to capture the same exact coin frame in both images!)

81. The trio of Pillars seen in the trailer: The *Chaos, *Lunar, and Solar Pillars, which have a tie to the ultimate evil!
*Made these two names up. Don't take these as official names because I don't know!
Pic 29.PNG

Pic 30.PNG

Pic 31.PNG

82. The solar armor and wings we see in Crowno's art!
83. Solar Eruption, a giant Chain-Knife-type weapon!
84. Star Wrath, ultimate Starfury upgrade!
Enemies form this event include Drakanians (spear-wielding fighter enemies), Corites (lunging meteor-like enemies), and Srollers (enemies which switch between wielding dual blades and rolling into a spiked ball and charging at the player). Enemies drop Solar Fragments, which will definitely be used to craft Solar armor and equipment. Thanks again, Hundjäger18!
Pic 32.PNG

Pic 33.PNG

85. New defense icon!
86. Sixth accessory slot?? Does this mean we can change how many accessories we can carry?
87. New accessory! Band, circlet, ring? Who knows!
88. Ability to equip and dye Pet, Light Source, Mount, and Hook items!
89. A mine cart slot, which means a variety of new Minecarts await!
90. A new triple Corrupt Grappling Hook! Looks really cool with that flame dye! Nice catch Hundjäger18!
91. Martian boss trophy, probably from beating the Martian Saucer (or some even bigger) invasion boss!
92. Pirate boss trophy, almost certainly from beating the Pirate airship boss!
93. Some form of Solar/Martian furniture!
94. The endgame Mage armor we see in Crowno's art!
95. Miniature Duke Fishron mount! Did the Scaly Truffle get a major makeover?
96. Camera mode to easily capture large portions of map seamlessly and easily! Hooray for builders!
Pic 34.PNG
Pic 34-35.PNG
Pic 35.PNG

Pic 36.PNG

97. Achievements! Time to achieve all the things!!
98. Slime rain! Where gelatinous life forms rain from the sky in droves!
99. Steam integration, which means streamlines multiplayer and cloud saving!
100. Sunflower re-texture! (And another aforementioned golden bug!)
101. Portal Gun!
Pic 37.PNG

Pic 38.PNG

Pic 40.PNG

Pic 41.PNG

102. And let's not forget the new Obelisk texture! Every little thing counts! :happy:
Pic 42.PNG

And so we've reached the end of the video, but that's not all!
H1.PNG
H3.PNG

H4.PNG
H2.PNG

There are eight hundred more items being added to the game, and we've only gone over a few dozen! Just by looking at the hotbars, I can see the Terrarian YoYo, a Shield of the Eye of Cthulhu, new Potions and potion textures, a bowl of something, a Cell Phone, another YoYo, some magical staves for casting or and summoning, and a few other oddballs as well. Can't wait to find out what everything is! :D

So that's that! Hope you enjoyed the read, and I hope I found a few things you may have missed! With that said, ONWARDS TO 1.3!! GET READY, and to HYPE ON TO THE 30TH AND BEYOND!!!!!

index.php

(Btw I didn't make this banner I just picked it up from someone's siggy :3)

Last edited:
I'd say the cellphone is the item which displayed the huge list of information of thing #48.
Man, I need a dps app on my phone.

Better call Apple now. I need a way to track my bloodlust and violence by Saturday.

Seriously though, that would make for a really cool GPS upgrade. :)
[DOUBLEPOST=1435274214,1435274113][/DOUBLEPOST]
They changed the gore color of fishron from red to blue I see...
Oh, forgot to say that I added this to the main post. Nice catch!

I just noticed something in the Duke Fishron pic. 600 HP!? The player doesn't seem to have all gold hearts so that's not just lifeforce potion.. unless it was buffed?

15. Medusa's head mounted on a plaque! Is it a boss trophy, or just a furniture item?

It looks like a Weapon Rack to me. I'd wager it's a new magic weapon dropped by the Medusa, that inflicts Petrification

24. Attacking while mounted without having to dismount!

"Rudolph with your nose so bright, won't you help me slay tonight?"
Finally, freedom from the tyranny of wings! I can wear a cape/cloak accessory without it being overridden by wings! I free up the accessory slot dedicated to wings (more damage boosters!) And from the video, at least one more new accessory slot (EVEN MOAR damage boosters)!

It looks like a Weapon Rack to me. I'd wager it's a new magic weapon dropped by the Medusa, that inflicts Petrification
Weapon Racks are basically just blank boss trophies, so of course it looks like one. :p

I can't imagine it being used as a weapon, though, and petrification seems like it would only work against small humanoid enemies that are the same shape as the player, so there might not even be any way to petrify enemies. (Frozen debuff has this same problem, so there is precedent.)

Finally, freedom from the tyranny of wings! I can wear a cape/cloak accessory without it being overridden by wings! I free up the accessory slot dedicated to wings (more damage boosters!) And from the video, at least one more new accessory slot (EVEN MOAR damage boosters)!
We're going to need all the help we can get for Expert Mode.

I'm psyching myself up to getting completely destroyed. Should be a blast!

That got me there for a second, too, but the guy does appear to have 20 golden hearts.
Most of them look gold, but the ones near the mana stars look red to me.

I noticed a sunflower early in the video that wasn't retextured, and later on I think there was a glowing sunflower at night? Red did mention that sunflowers have been buffed. Not sure if that retexture is an upgraded sunflower or if the clips were taken at different times, before the retexture. *shrug*

Weapon Racks are basically just blank boss trophies, so of course it looks like one. :p
I've noticed boss trophies have little clips supporting them, but weapons on weapon racks do not.

I noticed a sunflower early in the video that wasn't retextured, and later on I think there was a glowing sunflower at night? Red did mention that sunflowers have been buffed. Not sure if that retexture is an upgraded sunflower or if the clips were taken at different times, before the retexture.
I have a feeling that the footage is older in the parts with the normal looking sunflowers, or maybe the retexture is a very recent change that wasn't part of the "buffed sunflowers" thing. No way to know for sure about what exactly "buffed sunflowers" are, but this is our best guess.

EDIT: Or maybe those big fiery flowers are buffed sunflowers? Like literal SUNflowers? :3

I'll betcha there's one more "pillar," judging by the number of armors and planets shown in the Crowno art. My guess is the "Tidal pillar," because that would fit with the seeming relation to water and sea life seen in the new summoner armor, as well as the sillouette spoiler with Mermen and tentacled creatures.

I can't imagine it being used as a weapon, though, and petrification seems like it would only work against small humanoid enemies that are the same shape as the player, so there might not even be any way to petrify enemies. (Frozen debuff has this same problem, so there is precedent.)

Well, there's always debuff immunity. Or maybe it's just does damage.

Also, do you have any idea what the 60 (0) 100% and 60 (1) 100% that show up in the bottom left occasionally are? I see them in the Martian Madness picture, as well as the Duke Fishron picture and second Solar Pillar picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom