Official 2014 ReLogic Terraria Halloween Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my entry!
4Se85Lg.png

WHOAH! Sure were a lot of deaths here... Spooky...
SB5AGBS.png

Someone was murdered here :O
pedsbPk.png

Those death lasers... Get you every time :c
EV2KCsg.png

This one must be the oldest. A grave back when people used flaming arrows and bows.
CGr1cOM.png

parrots 3spooky5me

Platform: PC
Creator: ME
Inspiration: For my Halloween Entry I thought I'd do something a little different, anyone can build a gigantic castle (especially with the use of Inventory Editors), but what would be the fun in that? The best part of Terraria is the combination of creation, exploration, and epic fighting. So my inspiration was the true calling of all parts of Terraria, so I created a life. I created a new character named PumpKing, created a world named Halloween, and on October 20th I entered that world and started a new life. Everything I made was with the #TRUEVANILLA version 1.2.4.1 of Terraria. No editors of any kind were used. I realized to get as much of the Halloween related material into PumpKing's life that I would need to get all the way to the Pumpkin Moon. So that's what I did. I took approximately 450 screenshots throughout this process and also several short videos. About a quarter of these screenshots made it to the video. PumpKing had his adventure in Halloween, no other worlds or characters interacted with this in any way. I spent about 51 in-game hours on this creation of Halloween. The final video turned out decent but fitting 51 hours in 60 seconds is impossible so much of the story is lost. I highly recommend watching in fullscreen and pausing as often as you'd like to view individual screenshots to take in all the details. I had a lot of fun doing this (I mean who doesn't enjoy playing Terraria for 50+hrs???) and I hope that you enjoy the video, even if just for the music:joy:

And now I present,
The Adventures of PumpKing in Halloween!

If anyone wants me to make more videos showing my final builds in more detail, or methods I used for beating some bosses with less armor/health/accessories than recommended, please comment and let me know:)

Okay, so my entry is a little bit messy, but it's here.
When I created was an ancient haunted tower, with various souls (living fire blocks) and Shadowspectres (Spectre hood with Reaper Robe on Mannequins). So first I'll walk you through each image (I wasn't able to piece my images together, as I don't know how, and the person I asked to do it for me didn't get to it and now i'm stuck with two folders of the build, which is now fragmented into regular screenshots) I know, it's sad. Anyway, let me describe it for you. Here's the first link (I know the album says "Part 2" ...Just ignore that.) http://imgur.com/a/hOUlS
Here we've got the bottom part of it, into a ruined basement where most of the soul harvesting is done, with various skeletons chained to the ceiling, and magical runes, telling tales about these lost souls. At the left we've got lightning setting a tree on fire (Mushrooms grow on that lightning... It's annoying as hell to trim them... Silly Mushroom Grass.) There are also Shadowreapers floating up on the heights of the rooms, looking for souls that try to escape by going up. As you wander in, at the end of the room, there's a trap door, causing you to fall to the Soul Prison, where more souls of banned players are stored and kept. Purple Souls are corrupted, Blue souls are dreary and sad, Shadow souls are full of sinister intentions, White souls still contain good intentions that seem normal to Terrarians, and Negative souls are ripe for harvesting, or for use in sinister plans.

Going through the portal, you will end up at the Corrupt Archives. White souls that read the words in any of the books become Purple (corrupted), and will remain there to read about the evil intentions of the book's authors. There are still hope for a few White souls wandering around the Corrupt Archives, looking for a way out. At the "top" of the Corrupt Archives, they're cut off, for lightning has struck and fractured the entire tower into three fragments, separate from the corrupt Archives. The Shadowspectres managed to save the tower by using time magic, combined with portal magic, resulting in the impression that it's going to fall on you the moment you set your eyes on it. Up at the second part of the power, it's a seemingly small piece, that is cut in half by a portal, and contains a few more books from the Corrupt Archives, as well as collapsed staircases. It's been there for a while, with Cobweb growing in between the banners. There are also more Shadowspectres and Reapers patrolling for souls trying to pass.

That's the end of Part 1, now to post Part 2. (again, don't get confused by the title)
http://imgur.com/a/V26Ni
On the other side of the portal, the Corrupt Archives have been left behind, and the amount of Shadowspectres start to rise; They're around the lightning, floating, they're around the other parts of the tower, and they're more vicious. (notice that any other images that seem to have been "doubled" are there to capture the lightning - I didn't add it there for nothing.) Up here, the staircase remains intact, except up at the top, where a few parts of it were flinged up in the air by the impact and fall, and then stopped with more time magic to keep them in place, where the souls' journey continues, At this point they're close enough to be able to see the cloud that caused the lightning, with two glowing eyes in the cloud (not quite obvious, I placed Gemspark blocks behind those Cloud Blocks.)

At the bottom of the third part, there are Shadowspectres stationed outside it, ready to drive their scythes into not-so-unsuspecting souls. How they got past? They phased past them. The tower is comprised of eye-shaped windows, that seem to stare back at you. the staircase here is unaffected by the lightning, as is nothing else, as the souls continue their journey. As they phase past more Shadowspectres, they observe even more, but at last, they feel as if they've reached the top. These souls are saved! Or so they thought...

At the "top of the tower", the souls find that there's a hole in the point of the tower, piercing the clouds above it. There lies an even larger and sinister point, where Shadow Souls are used to fuel it's beacon of death. There begins part 4 - the final part of my build. The souls are forced down a walkway of Shadowspectres. In the arches above them, there lie fragments of space and time, and have distorted the apparence of it. In between the Shadowspectres, there is what seems to be shadow processors - where all of the Shadow Souls are used in, perhaps. As the souls float down the walkway, then encounter the most terrifying presence of all - The Demon Overlord.

The Demon Overlord is as sinister as he sounds. (If you say that isn't sinister-sounding at all, he'll use the energies of past consumed souls [There were alot] to fire lasers at you, but that is the case if you're not a lost soul). If you were a lost soul, floating around here, he'll use magic to force you between two sacrificial altars. There you will start to rise, up and up, into the Demon Overlord's insides, where you'll be devoured for all eternity. Inside him lay the same fractures in the spacetime fabric as there were in the archs of the walkway. Also, the throne up there is for me, or my eviler alternate.

Aaaaand that concludes the lore of the haunted tower and the Demon Overlord - I hope you found his face at least slightly creepy, it loot me a while to design it. The whole project took me weeks to finish. Anyway, I also hope you've not found it too confusing. I also hope most of all that you've read all of this which explains what's going on - if you haven't, then please take the time to read through it, I put effort into that sort-of-possibly-RP storyline. Also, I'm going to link my introduction here - it'll explain a few reasons why I'm here if you haven't read it already. http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...n-the-terrariaonline-forums.4548/#post-114334

Anyway, that's it from me!

EDIT: Well forget all of that about the images not being done, my friend TurtleYo managed to do it! So here's the full image:
tp5zF0X.jpg

Last edited:
As you noticed, entries are closed.

The team will get to work on judging, etc. over the next week or two. We ask for patience in that process (the team has a lot going on - like 1.3) and stay tuned for the eventual winners' announcement.

Thanks so much for your awesome entries! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom