3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Deanzor could you tell me if the 3ds will ever get item rarity colors in the inventory? Im sure your very busy but it would be nice to know if this is something that would be possible? Thanks.

hey @Deanzor i was wondering if we could get our own boss or something cause every other platform has its own boss except 3ds if we could that would be great.

p.s. if we do could i be a post golem boss? with like cool drops?

just an idea so no getting mad

hey @Deanzor i was wondering if we could get our own boss or something cause every other platform has its own boss except 3ds if we could that would be great.

Ocram is the post Golem boss technically, and the duke fish. But beyond that there isn't anymore bosses.

PS3, PS4, 360, XBone, Vita do not have their own individual bosses per platform, rather are categorized to "console" version and as such have Ocram. The "mobile" version, for Android and iOS have Lepus and Turkor the Ungrateful. And the 3DS has all 3. That not sufficient for you? :sigh:

-----

On another note, I've noticed this since 1.0 but finally have visual confirmation that it's happening; monsters spawning then instantly despawning. I first noticed it on the map screen during invasion events but now was able to nudge the screen over and notice Face Monsters (and only Face Monsters) exhibited this behavior.

As seen here:
Anyone else have this happen?

Hey Deanzor could you tell me if the 3ds will ever get item rarity colors in the inventory? Im sure your very busy but it would be nice to know if this is something that would be possible? Thanks.

Neither of these are currently planned, but we're always listening and allowing user feedback to determine where we go next. So in the future, you never know.

Neither of these are currently planned, but we're always listening and allowing user feedback to determine where we go next. So in the future, you never know.

Can i ask why this would be taken out for this version since all the others have it? To me it was jarring to see the plain texts when all the other versions have it. To me it just makes it feel like a different game.(like whats the point in having rare items that dont have anything that makes them different from the next item) I know some might think its small but dont see how it hadnt been mentioned before. I just bought the game expecting the same basic systems as the others just smaller. Sorry if this is coming off as harsh or pickie, im not trying to be. Its still a great game just confusing to why a basic feature was stripped.

PS3, PS4, 360, XBone, Vita do not have their own individual bosses per platform, rather are categorized to "console" version and as such have Ocram. The "mobile" version, for Android and iOS have Lepus and Turkor the Ungrateful. And the 3DS has all 3. That not sufficient for you? :sigh:

-----

On another note, I've noticed this since 1.0 but finally have visual confirmation that it's happening; monsters spawning then instantly despawning. I first noticed it on the map screen during invasion events but now was able to nudge the screen over and notice Face Monsters (and only Face Monsters) exhibited this behavior.

As seen here:
Yes that has happened to me. I submitted it as a bug a while ago. ;)

-----

As seen here:

Yep, this happens a lot to me as well.

-----

As seen here:
On invasions, you'll see that happen a lot for mobs with fighter AI. If you have an N3DS, you can use the cstick to look over to the sides. You'll see pirates or goblins spawn in then out (unless they take damage before spawning out, in which case they aggro and stay). The only mobs that don't do this are Parrots and Goblin Summoners. Basically, non-fighter AI mobs. Solar eclipses can also exhibit this bug, which means you got loads of Vampires and Reapers and virtually no Frankensteins, Swamp Things, or Eyezors.

Oh yeah, for anybody curious, the 3DS' spawn box is 30 to 40 tiles horizontally and 25 to 30 vertically, give or take a few tiles. Feel free to measure and give the exact number of tiles.

yeah but i still want it cause golem and fishron arent hard for me and im getting bored

plus i said no getting mad
[doublepost=1464415666,1464415534][/doublepost]oh and i really dont think 3ds is Mobile or console as its kinda both

Did they remove wood platform slopes? Anybody tried hammering em? I found em easier to use for horizontal hoiking, even though left-to-right is finicky.

oh and i really dont think 3ds is Mobile or console as its kinda both

It's console. Much like the Vita, it's a portable console yet is still considered the console version. Albeit it has the mobile version's content, the mobile version focuses primarily on touch screen controls. So THAT is the biggest difference between console and mobile.

On invasions, you'll see that happen a lot for mobs with fighter AI. If you have an N3DS, you can use the cstick to look over to the sides. You'll see pirates or goblins spawn in then out (unless they take damage before spawning out, in which case they aggro and stay). The only mobs that don't do this are Parrots and Goblin Summoners. Basically, non-fighter AI mobs. Solar eclipses can also exhibit this bug, which means you got loads of Vampires and Reapers and virtually no Frankensteins, Swamp Things, or Eyezors.
It didn't even cross my mind that the common connection between the monsters that kept despawning had the fighter AI. So it pinpoints to that but I wonder what's causing such a thing. And also how it corrects itself at night; which for solar eclipses is a no-go cause you know, it's a day thing.

It's console. Much like the Vita, it's a portable console yet is still considered the console version. Albeit it has the mobile version's content, the mobile version focuses primarily on touch screen controls. So THAT is the biggest difference between console and mobile

i meant in MY OPINION they are neither console or mobile

Oh yeah, for anybody curious, the 3DS' spawn box is 30 to 40 tiles horizontally and 25 to 30 vertically, give or take a few tiles. Feel free to measure and give the exact number of tiles.

Aha, you just explained why Swamp Things are rare. But for some reason they spawn more frequently when you are above the ground so that the ground goes off-screen.

Aha, you just explained why Swamp Things are rare. But for some reason they spawn more frequently when you are above the ground so that the ground goes off-screen.
That's because you have a wider spawn box below you and above you. When you're on the spawn surface, enemies can only spawn offscreen 30 tiles to 40 tiles away from you. That's about 10 tiles wide. But above you and below you, at around 25 tile high/deep, those two small segments to the side take up all the tiles between them. That's 80+ tiles of spawn surface, compared to 10 tiles when you're on the same level.

It didn't even cross my mind that the common connection between the monsters that kept despawning had the fighter AI. So it pinpoints to that but I wonder what's causing such a thing. And also how it corrects itself at night; which for solar eclipses is a no-go cause you know, it's a day thing.
I am not sure if their AI had anything to do with the bug, but it just dawned on me that whenever that happens, most of the mobs that remain spawned can either fly or float. The bipeds can't seem to figure out if they want to exist or not. Existential crisis much? I mean, seriously, make up your mind and spawn already. I did notice that sometimes they spawned in just fine, but it never occurred to me that it was because of the night.

Also, why did the devs "fix" the goldfish by making it inedible and worth as much as dirt? Oh, and not making stack? Of all the things that needed to be fixed, who in the world thought that fixing something THAT DID NOT NEED FIXING was a very bright idea? The only possible reason I can think of is to break goldfish statue farms. Which don't even do anything remotely close to useful other than a relatively slow money farm. So why break the goldfish?

Also, have you seen those tiny zombie variants? OH MY GOD I wish I had the presence of mind to take a snapshot of it. I saw one! There was this regular bald zombie, and right beside it was a smaller bald zombie! Those things exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom