3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I already defeated the Ocram... So what now? No more end-stuff?
I'm getting bored to farm tons of this only for make the ult. set of Sword, archer and mage.

While playing Terraria on the 3DS XL, (I bought the game two weeks ago during the e-shop sale) my girlfriend and I continue to experience the game crashing every 30 minutes or so. Both in single player and multiplayer. There is no real pattern, it happens randomly. I checked to see if it was because there was too many Mobs/NPCs in one space, but I can be alone in a space and it would still freeze. I could be in Idle, or I could be mining or fighting.There is no warning, no freezing or lagging before hand, it just happens, All other games work perfectly fine. It's just Terrraria. (error message photo attached)

My girlfriend has one world where each time she attempts to open it, the whole game crashes. having her to make a whole new world and loosing her items in her first world. Shes had the game for about a year and these problems just started now. I've had it for about two weeks and it has been going on the past week.

Attachments

• error message.jpg
    error message.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 311
While playing Terraria on the 3DS XL, (I bought the game two weeks ago during the e-shop sale) my girlfriend and I continue to experience the game crashing every 30 minutes or so. Both in single player and multiplayer. There is no real pattern, it happens randomly. I checked to see if it was because there was too many Mobs/NPCs in one space, but I can be alone in a space and it would still freeze. I could be in Idle, or I could be mining or fighting.There is no warning, no freezing or lagging before hand, it just happens, All other games work perfectly fine. It's just Terrraria. (error message photo attached)

My girlfriend has one world where each time she attempts to open it, the whole game crashes. having her to make a whole new world and loosing her items in her first world. Shes had the game for about a year and these problems just started now. I've had it for about two weeks and it has been going on the past week.

Yeah, me too. I think it's because the update (On EUR) 1.0.3. In 1.0.2 the crash never happend to me, and now like... 30mins, 1hrs it crash. And it's so much frustrating! And no.. I didn't find any solution for this, or its because of the O3DS hardware system. I don't own a N3DS to confirm this.

Yeah, me too. I think it's because the update (On EUR) 1.0.3. In 1.0.2 the crash never happend to me, and now like... 30mins, 1hrs it crash. And it's so much frustrating! And no.. I didn't find any solution for this, or its because of the O3DS hardware system. I don't own a N3DS to confirm this.
The New 3DS XL hardware does have higher capabilities compared to the original 3DS systems, meaning it can run slightly more cleanly. However, lots of crash reports have been from players on the New XLs. Others use the basic 3DSs and still experience the same issues. I, myself, own the New XL downloaded version and have not had a single crash on 1.0.3, so I'm willing to guess the hardware is not the source of the problem.

It's just so hard to be one of the few who have a stable copy and actually enjoy playing the game when you see that people can't even play 15 minutes without their game crashing.

Yea
The New 3DS XL hardware does have higher capabilities compared to the original 3DS systems, meaning it can run slightly more cleanly. However, lots of crash reports have been from players on the New XLs. Others use the basic 3DSs and still experience the same issues. I, myself, own the New XL downloaded version and have not had a single crash on 1.0.3, so I'm willing to guess the hardware is not the source of the problem.

It's just so hard to be one of the few who have a stable copy and actually enjoy playing the game when you see that people can't even play 15 minutes without their game crashing.
I have a 3DS XL and my girlfriend has the NEW 3DS XL

I'm getting bored to farm tons of this only for make the ult. set of Sword, archer and mage.
Think of stuff to do. I did that and right now I'm trying to remove all traces of Crimson/corruption and hollow before building biome boxes. You could try fighting all bosses at once or item collect. It's really up to you

Get all the loot from Pumpkin and Frost moons? There's a lot to do there. A fun challenge also would be to fight the bosses until you get their trophies.
ox709V4.jpg

I think I figured out what is going on with the crashing and how to fix it as I had the crashing issue and my game has been running and still is running for 1 1/2 hours. What I think happened is that when some players download the update, the data changed or became corrupted(bad terraria pun). The fix I got is a few steps.

1. Boot up Terraria 3DS
2. Close game and go to its EShop page
3. Go to the bottom of the EShop page and tap "Repair Software"
4. Let it check and even if it says it's fine, have it repair it anyway
5. Boot Terraria up again, and ether (a) play till it crashes, if it does or (b) on the booting up screen at the 505 games logo, see part of it glitch on the top screen(this will be vertical white lines that only appear for a fraction of a second)
6. Navigate to the EShop and search for terraria again but this time, go to the 1.03 update page.
7. Repair the update like you did the game.
8. Play terraria

Those steps are what I did and my games is still running as I type this now. Still hasn't crashed and I hope this works for other players who have this issue.

Get all the loot from Pumpkin and Frost moons? There's a lot to do there. A fun challenge also would be to fight the bosses until you get their trophies.
ox709V4.jpg
Wow, is there any Kind of organisation in your chests? ^^

And... I have all pumpkin moon Stuff and just missing Bit Stuff of Frost Moon (both is laggin so Bad...).
But should it be possible to reach the final wave...
I dont die, but the best was wave 12 or 13. I dont make enaugh dmg or sth ^^

And what after that?
Is there anything after that?

I dont know anyone who got terraria too And the multiplayer is just local...

This is not a 3ds game ^^
PC = better choise (all better - less cost) :D

Wow, is there any Kind of organisation in your chests? ^^

And... I have all pumpkin moon Stuff and just missing Bit Stuff of Frost Moon (both is laggin so Bad...).
But should it be possible to reach the final wave...
I dont die, but the best was wave 12 or 13. I dont make enaugh dmg or sth ^^

And what after that?
Is there anything after that?

I dont know anyone who got terraria too And the multiplayer is just local...

This is not a 3ds game ^^
PC = better choise (all better - less cost) :D
Yes. I use the statues that you see there to mark what chests have what.
I've never really figured out what the true "ending" of Terraria could be, whether it be the lite version on console or the complete version of PC. The adventure is up to you!
[doublepost=1467145462,1467145379][/doublepost]
I think I figured out what is going on with the crashing and how to fix it as I had the crashing issue and my game has been running and still is running for 1 1/2 hours. What I think happened is that when some players download the update, the data changed or became corrupted(bad terraria pun). The fix I got is a few steps.

1. Boot up Terraria 3DS
2. Close game and go to its EShop page
3. Go to the bottom of the EShop page and tap "Repair Software"
4. Let it check and even if it says it's fine, have it repair it anyway
5. Boot Terraria up again, and ether (a) play till it crashes, if it does or (b) on the booting up screen at the 505 games logo, see part of it glitch on the top screen(this will be vertical white lines that only appear for a fraction of a second)
6. Navigate to the EShop and search for terraria again but this time, go to the 1.03 update page.
7. Repair the update like you did the game.
8. Play terraria

Those steps are what I did and my games is still running as I type this now. Still hasn't crashed and I hope this works for other players who have this issue.
This sounds like an actual process that might get some stuff fixed. Maybe someone else can test it and if it gives good result, probably get it to @Deanzor's attention.

just thought I'd report that my crashes are completely random on my New 3DS. I can go a day without a crash or it can crash several times in a day. I never been able to replicate a crash by repeating what I was doing, it's just... random. it seems like something is making the game unstable.

There is a pattern but it isn't immediately obvious. One great example of this was the firefly bug on mobile. You never actually saw the flies - as the game crashed the instant they touched the screen. The team tried so many hypotheses to figure out what were seemingly random crashes with no player action or location trigger....then someone randomly debugged and released some fireflies one day and bingo.

Odds are it's something crazy like that - and the team really can and does use the help of thousands of players like you guys to help increase the data set to make that faster and more accurate. :)

The team is absolutely interested in squashing any nasty stability bugs - they can just also be the hardest to pin down in terms of a cause.

For some reason I can't reforge the RazorbladE Typhpon or Bubble Gun, is anyone else having that issue?
EDIT: so I can't reforge the Tsunami either
[doublepost=1467159565,1467159527][/doublepost]
Don't you just love paying premuim to be a beta tester.
I love it ;-;

Last edited:
One time my game crashed I was sitting over my item farm and holding down the scourge ofthe corruptor. I guess because too many entities on screen at one time? Another time I was just sitting in my npc hotel with 12 of them and it crashed. Hope this helps?
I'm on digital version and new 3ds xl.

Tried To Repair my software and update through the eshop in the hopes that it would solve the crashing issue. Unfortunately it has not helped. The one thing that seems to help is saving more often.

I'd like to report a bug in the 3DS version of Terraria. So I was wiring up some traps and teleporters and noticed that the wires are not working correctly. After some testing I found out that the different color wires act like they were all the same color. So now the different colors are working the opposite way they should. I've got the 1.0.3/1.2.4.1 version on my device. This should be fixed since this is quite annoying and makes the wiring system a lot more difficult to use. Thanks.

For some reason I can't reforge the RazorbladE Typhpon or Bubble Gun, is anyone else having that issue?
EDIT: so I can't reforge the Tsunami either
[doublepost=1467159565,1467159527][/doublepost]
I love it ;-;
Im having the same issue and cant figure out why ;-;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom