Weapons & Equip A "Slam" Weapon(s)

Redstonetam15

Eater of Worlds
I dunno why, but I wanna go WWE in Terraria.
So, to explain this new type of weapon, it will be a melee subtype, and when you attack with any of these things, you will go "up" go forward a few blocks, and "smash" down onto your enemies. Depending on what block you land on, you could get 5-25+ splash damage. (All Hammer and Axe-types will now do this upon right clicking.)

Granite Smash Hammer
a9b35a8a-6d75-11e5-90b4-c71327efed82.gif

Damage: 18 (Splash)
Knockback: 20
Use Time: 32 (No auto-use)
Size of a Hammush
Crit Strike: 5%
8% chance from the Granite Golem
Sells for 50 Silver

Basketball
541a2cb8-7032-11e5-89f6-ddc59605436c.gif

Damage: 8
Knockback: 15
Use Time: 20 (Auto Use)
About 2x the Size of a Snowball
Crit Strike: 4%
Bought from the Traveling Merchant for 3 Gold
Sells for 1 Gold
Tooltip: Welcome the the Slam, Welcome to the Jam!
How you use it: You jump up, and shoot 3 basketballs where your cursor is. (I couldn't resist, but I'm serious right here for a weapon.)

(WIP, and also, mods, can I get the title changed to "Movement Weapons"?)

Last edited:
I dunno why, but I wanna go WWE in Terraria.
So, to explain this new type of weapon, it will be a melee subtype, and when you attack with any of these things, you will go "up" go forward a few blocks, and "smash" down onto your enemies. Depending on what block you land on, you could get 5-25+ splash damage. (All Hammer and Axe-types will now do this upon right clicking.)

Granite Smash Hammer
a9b35a8a-6d75-11e5-90b4-c71327efed82.gif

Damage: 18 (Splash)
Knockback: 20
Use Time: 32 (No auto-use)
Size of a Hammush
Crit Strike: 5%
8% chance from the Granite Golem
Sells for 50 Silver

Basketball Rampage
541a2cb8-7032-11e5-89f6-ddc59605436c.gif

Damage: 8
Knockback: 15
Use Time: 20 (Auto Use)
About 2x the Size of a Snowball
Crit Strike: 4%
Crafted from 5 Leather and a Bottle at a Crafting Table, or Bought from the Traveling Merchant for 3 Gold
Sells for 1 Gold
Tooltip: Welcome the the Slam, Welcome to the Jam!
How you use it: You jump up, and shoot 3 basketballs where your cursor is. (I couldn't resist, but I'm serious right here for a weapon.)

(WIP, and also, mods, can I get the title changed to "Jump Attack Weapons"?)
I always liked the idea of weapons that involved movement. This sort of resembles on weapon I came up with, but you've expanded to more than one. I can respect that.

The basketball reminds me of Wii Fit Trainer's side-B, where they header a soccer ball. It could also have bouncy physics, and stack to three for the three balls.
All "slam weapons" should be able to grab onto platforms for a bit, or just fall with the down key. Because of slam dunking.

This is great! It would be great to have more actual "Melee" weapons instead of having so many faux "ranged sword" weapons.

The hammer is nice! The granite biome needs more small things like that.

Basketball is pretty amazing too. I'd rather you just get it from the Travelling Merchant though.

Back
Top Bottom