tModLoader A thread about W1K's inhuman skill of turning money into codes

W1K

Witch
Note: Dear moderators, I have no clue if this is the right section for it, if not feel free to move to off-topic.

The name of the thread says it all. Kinda.
You got some extra dollas and want a mod for your own personal needs? This is the right thread for you.

I have been coding since I was a mere kid, taught myself everything due to my great love for video games, went to a programming school that taught me nothing useful, have been here since, training my own programming and game designing skills with both modding and programming game engines from scratch. Now I'm here, with years of experience of generic coding, jobless and in need to be paid for work. Hence why this thread exists.
I am offering codes, all the codes that can be offered for the sum you have to spare in the limits of common sense, may they be generic codes for your tModLoader mod, or a whole simple mod.

What I offer:
- Codes for everything possible in the limits of tModLoader and time
- Unfunny jokes

What I don't offer:
- Sprites (they must be included in the request, or alternativelly I can code a spriteless request if you like black rectangles, which can be very easily changed at a later time)
- Custom Sounds/Music (same as sprites)

What kind of codes I offer:
- Simple and complex weapons
- Custom NPCs/Boss AIs [1] [2]
- Anything similiar to what has been done on my personal modpack (morphs? custom pets?)
- Anything else in the limits of what can be easily done

What kind of payment do I accept:
Paypal, mostly because I have no idea of any other way I can be paid. Alternativelly, internet goodies are accepted, such as steam games, even TF2 keys are accepted (as nowdays they're pretty much a currency on steam).
The payment I expect is 5$/5€ per hour of coding. This is much less most people tend to be paid for when it comes to jobs requiring no sort of knowledge. It is, however, fairly hard to deduce the amount of time required for a specific work when it comes to fairly complex projects as you can never expect when something will go wrong. The easiest way to know is pming me with your idea. Also, as long as it has been paid, I'll offer full support in terms of making sure everything done so far works as intended, I will not however add any extra contents to any already done and paid commission without extra payment involved.
I don't like deadlines, however I'll try to do any request as soon as my free time allows.

That's all. Thanks to all who will spend their time reading through the whole thread, even more thanks to who will accept my offer.

Last edited:
Whoa, this looks cool. I myself wish to go into programming when I get older. So this would be useful but I do not have a paypal sooo.

Is there any way I can just get the codes (or is that what you are offering)? I don't really want to make a mod I just want to well.. dabble a bit. Also the only way I could pay you is by giving you the binding of Isaac rebirth. Or 2 pixel piracy cupons.

Is there any way I can just get the codes (or is that what you are offering)? I don't really want to make a mod I just want to well.. dabble a bit. Also the only way I could pay you is by giving you the binding of Isaac rebirth. Or 2 pixel piracy cupons.
Everybody has TBOI:R and pixel piracy cupons. lel

What do you mean by just getting the codes. What I offer is specifically codes only, or a mod including provided sprites/other resources and my codes. If you need TAPI codes for examples, you can take any TAPI mod and open their sources as every mod is forcedly open-source (just open the .tapi file with winrar).

Everybody has TBOI:R and pixel piracy cupons. lel

What do you mean by just getting the codes. What I offer is specifically codes only, or a mod including provided sprites/other resources and my codes. If you need TAPI codes for examples, you can take any TAPI mod and open their sources as every mod is forcedly open-source (just open the .tapi file with winrar).
Ok, well did not know that. Well, I wish you good luck with this and i hope somebody will come around and pay!

Now I wish I could pay ya $5 just for some unfunny jokes.

Oh wait, this is about coding? Yea, that's fine too...

Updated the text of the main thread a bit, mainly to change every mention of good old tAPI to tModLoader, as that's effectively the new main API and feel like I have gained enough experience with it to be able to do work for it.
Of course, the offer remains the same.

gross double post

Commissioned by @Abyssal_Kutku

Introducing Boxinator, a mod in a box to make boxes for boxing.

I was asked to make a simple item capable of building boxes or entire suitable houses on the spot, this is the result.

e837a01073.gif

Boxinators will build a simple wooden box with wooden furnitures and a torch, along with a pair of platforms at the top to access the house. Boxinators are crafted by hand using 100 of any kind of wood (regardless of the type, they will always build houses in the default type of wood) and will always be placed according to the player's position, as shown in the gif.

Download (Sources included)
Can also be found on the in-game Mod Browser

As a note, this is not the first commission I have worked on. I don't really get many, but most of the others I have gotten include big projects I didn't feel sharing just yet on this particular thread (and maybe never will be as they were made for tAPI which is now the past) or coding commissions that have nothing to do with Terraria specifically. I might share at least pictures or gifs of them at a later time if ever I feel like it (and find them, that is).

Last edited:
Will it be possible in the future to spawn other, bigger types of houses?
I don't plan on updating the mod further if not to simply make it compatible with the latest versions of tModLoader, if ever necessary. That is, unless I get paid to do so or small adjustments need to be made on the commissioner's request.

That said, changing the size of the "box" is a matter of seconds, changing furniture and positions is equally as easy. Changing the script to create a "grid" shouldn't be particularly hard either. Building something more complex than a mere rectangle is a whole different story however.

Also now that I have a chance to point it out, I actually updated the download link early in the morning, improving the scripts efficiency a bit and fixing MP compatibility. Along with that, I uploaded the mod to the mod browser.

gross double post

Commissioned by @Abyssal_Kutku

Introducing Boxinator, a mod in a box to make boxes for boxing.

I was asked to make a simple item capable of building boxes or entire suitable houses on the spot, this is the result.

e837a01073.gif

Boxinators will build a simple wooden box with wooden furnitures and a torch, along with a pair of platforms at the top to access the house. Boxinators are crafted by hand using 100 of any kind of wood (regardless of the type, they will always build houses in the default type of wood) and will always be placed according to the player's position, as shown in the gif.

Download (Sources included)
Can also be found on the in-game Mod Browser

As a note, this is not the first commission I have worked on. I don't really get many, but most of the others I have gotten include big projects I didn't feel sharing just yet on this particular thread (and maybe never will be as they were made for tAPI which is now the past) or coding commissions that have nothing to do with Terraria specifically. I might share at least pictures or gifs of them at a later time if ever I feel like it (and find them, that is).
I love you.

Reactions: W1K
I have a bit of a challenge for ya, I'd like you to recreate Ultra Death from the old Necro mod (Minus the drops and other custom boss summons). I'm not gonna publish it, since it's not mine, I just love this fight and want to play through it (and maybe learn the code). I have a bit of money to throw around, so I decided to give 10 per hour if you label the code, explaining what it does and how it works. Deal? Here is the sprite:

latest

106x125

You may use placeholders for the projectiles and dusts, I just want functionality :D.

Here is a video with the fight, It starts on 0:50.

Hp: 90000 Dmg: 104 Def: 78

Last edited:
I have a bit of a challenge for ya, I'd like you to recreate Ultra Death from the old Necro mod (Minus the drops and other custom boss summons). I'm not gonna publish it, since it's not mine, I just love this fight and want to play through it (and maybe learn the code). I have a bit of money to throw around, so I decided to give 10 per hour if you label the code, explaining what it does and how it works. Deal? Here is the sprite:

latest

106x125

You may use placeholders for the projectiles and dusts, I just want functionality :D.

Here is a video with the fight, It starts on 0:50.

Hp: 90000 Dmg: 104 Def: 78

Shouldn't be too hard supposedly, mainly because the boss is heavily based, or you could say the base code was pretty much borrowed, from the original Death fight from my own mod.
#cringyoldvideo
There is more to it from what I can see. Like, other sub-bosses spawning alongside it at certain intervals? (which also look very similar to some of my old bosses), but I might need more explanation on what else there is alongside the obvious "dash and leave behind scythes" pattern as I see a lot of things but it's kinda hard to tell the context behind most.

Shouldn't be too hard supposedly, mainly because the boss is heavily based, or you could say the base code was pretty much borrowed, from the original Death fight from my own mod.
#cringyoldvideo
There is more to it from what I can see. Like, other sub-bosses spawning alongside it at certain intervals? (which also look very similar to some of my old bosses), but I might need more explanation on what else there is alongside the obvious "dash and leave behind scythes" pattern as I see a lot of things but it's kinda hard to tell the context behind most.
Holy @#!$, that's weird. I noticed similarities between the devil doll from the Necro mod and okiku, from yours, but I never knew Zoodletec (the creator of the Necro mod) borrowed your code.

Anyways, the sub-bosses I didn't want, since they have their own patterns and such, and they don't interest me that much. Basically I wanted the teleporting, dashing with the projectile trail, and the two fiery projectiles (three at around half HP) fired about 30 frames apart, which are shot every 180 frames, that split into the 5 purple bouncing projectiles every 45 frames. Talk about run on sentences. Mainly this is to experience the fight, but I still would like the code labeled (Pretty Please! I'll pay ten dollars an hour!) so I can learn projectile and boss AI code. Imma sleep now, so don't expect any other responses until after school tomorrow.

P.S. Thanks for your prompt response! I hope I wasn't too annoying.

Back
Top Bottom