Weapons & Equip A Trio of Endgame Wings.

Scironex

The Destroyer
Everyone knows about the trio of endgame materials - Shroomite, Ectoplasm, and Beetle Husks.

Note that you can also make wings with all these.
Hoverboard.png

Shut up. The imbalance of wings in Terraria is a topic for another thread, but I find it dissatisfying that only one of these has a special ability.

You might use the Hoverboard for it's speed bonus, but with the introduction of Fishron Wings, and with the numerous equally powerful, yet easier to get wings, the Ghost Wings and Beetle Wings aren't going to be used, even against the Moon Events, which is ostensibly the point where they would be most useful.

So I intend to change those wings such that, like the Hoverboard, they're are useful not only for travel, but also battle.

Ghost Wings

The Ghost Wings should correspond to Mages, and be useful alongside the Spectre Set. In my experience, Mages are mid-range glass cannons with a great need to dodge. So I'm revamping these wings entirely. Rather than holding down jump to ascend continuously, it gives you 8 jumps in midair. These jumps will instantly change your momentum to the direction you're inputting into, and launch you faster than normal temporarily. Moreover, the jumps increase your jump height even more than the Balloon accessories. The air speed boost given by the wings will remain.

Beetle Wings

The Beetle wings should likewise correspond to Warriors, and be useful alongside the Beetle Set. Warriors are tanky beasts with obscene crowd control and powerful attack options. I suggest that these wings give a 2 defense and knockback immunity, but only while grounded. This comes with a small drop in flight speed.
(If I'm being completely honest, I'm not sure about this. I'm open to suggestions.)
The Beetle Wings should likewise correspond to Warriors, and be useful alongside the Beetle Set. Warriors are tanky beasts with obscene crowd control and powerful attack options. The Beetle Wings would, as such, provide a very small speed boost and lift you in the air relatively slowly, however, in exchange, it has a greatly increased flight time, and the effect of the Featherfall Potion. The idea is for you to fire death upon your enemies whilst gleefully floating above their heads. On the ground, the wings provide the knockback of the Thorns Potion, but not the damage, and give you immunity to knockback.

Comments and criticism, as always, are appreciated.

Last edited:
Everyone knows about the trio of endgame materials - Shroomite, Ectoplasm, and Beetle Husks.

Hoverboard.png

Shut up. The imbalance of wings in Terraria is a topic for another thread, but I find it dissatisfying that only one of these has a special ability.

You might use the Hoverboard for it's speed bonus, but with the introduction of Fishron Wings, and with the numerous equally powerful, yet easier to get wings, the Ghost Wings and Beetle Wings aren't going to be used, even against the Moon Events, which is ostensibly the point where they would be most useful.

So I intend to change those wings such that, like the Hoverboard, they're are useful not only for travel, but also battle.

Ghost Wings

The Ghost Wings should correspond to Mages, and be useful alongside the Spectre Set. In my experience, Mages are mid-range glass cannons with a great need to dodge. So I'm revamping these wings entirely. Rather than holding down jump to ascend continuously, it gives you 8 jumps in midair. These jumps will instantly change your momentum to the direction you're inputting into, and launch you faster than normal temporarily. Moreover, the jumps increase your jump height even more than the Balloon accessories. The air speed boost given by the wings will remain.

Beetle Wings

The Beetle wings should likewise correspond to Warriors, and be useful alongside the Beetle Set. Warriors are tanky beasts with obscene crowd control and powerful attack options. I suggest that these wings give a 2 defense and knockback immunity, but only while grounded. This comes with a small drop in flight speed.
(If I'm being completely honest, I'm not sure about this. I'm open to suggestions.)

Sounds good to me.

Hoverboard.png

Ghost Wings

Beetle Wings

Something for summoners, m8? Or are they still going to be considered a subclass?

Beetle Wings: Honestly 2 defense isn't really much (1 damage negated...), and certainly not enough to make me choose beetle over shroomite/spectre. I would recommend a more "shell-like" effect, where you negate some of the damage coming at you from behind.

I would recommend a more "shell-like" effect, where you negate some of the damage coming at you from behind.
Problem is, that involves multiple hit boxes, or attack vectoring, both of which would be a pain to implement in the Terraria engine as it stands - or so I think. It would be easier to block X% of damage while grounded, because that's already detectable.

Problem is, that involves multiple hit boxes, or attack vectoring, both of which would be a pain to implement in the Terraria engine as it stands - or so I think. It would be easier to block X% of damage while grounded, because that's already detectable.
I have pretty much zero experience in coding, but I've seen it done in a mod before... I think Grox's Grealms?

But, 2 defense is... well.. worthless! It should be more than that, or should be different altogether. But anyways, nice idea.

I have pretty much zero experience in coding, but I've seen it done in a mod before... I think Grox's Grealms?
Oh? Well that's interesting. I'll consider it.
But, 2 defense is... well.. worthless! It should be more than that, or should be different altogether.
The more important part is the knockback resistance. Keep in mind that the Obsidian Shield only gives 2 defense, but people still use that.

Oh? Well that's interesting. I'll consider it.

The more important part is the knockback resistance. Keep in mind that the Obsidian Shield only gives 2 defense, but people still use that.

Who used the obsidian shield end-game? I use the Ankh Charm. I mean, who doesn't?

People who don't farm or aren't lucky. And either way, the Ankh Shield gives less defense than the obsidian one

Did I comment on the thread yet? Either way, seems interesting.

The ankh shield gives less defense than the obsidian one? The obsidian shield has 2 defense, and the ankh shield has 4. M8 GET UR FACTS STRAIGHT!

Back
Top Bottom