Weapons & Equip Acid Rain - Golden Shower Counterpart!

Do you like this idea?

• Yeah!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No and I can tell you why.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Acid_Rain.png

Acid Rain
19 Damage
5 Knockback
8 Mana
4% Critical Chance
19 Usetime
10 Velocity
Spell_Tome.png
x1
Cursed_Flame.png
x20
Soul_of_Night.gif
x15

The acid rain is a new weapon for mages on corruption worlds. It would be nearly identical to the golden shower, but the shower would reach only about half as far. However, it would also bounce off of any solid surface once.

This would be most helpful if it followed @Baconfry's suggestion for cursed flames to cause enemies to deal 20% less damage when inflicted with the debuff. This way it could at least come close to matching the power of ichor.

If you liked the idea, post some constructional criticism, fill out the poll, and leave a like. Thanks for reading!

You bring up a good point, but I just think so because the cursed flames book is pretty useless.

The Cursed inferno debuff looks like the real problem,it's outclassed by ichor,Just balancing the cursed inferno debuff and the cursed flames would be way better than adding a new spellbook.

You bring up a good point, but I just think so because the cursed flames book is pretty useless.
EXCUSE ME?

*cough*

Sorry, outburst. But seriously, Cursed Flames is far from useless. Really, it's useful in different situations. It is much better in enclosed spaces due to its bouncing capability, it's good for hitting targets below you, plus if you can only get off a single hit (which, there are some cases where that can happen), you're much better off with Cursed Flames since the debuff has lasting damage. Plus, in most cases where you're attacking Ichor-immune enemies (which, granted, are only bosses), Cursed Flames does more damage.

That said, in most other situations Golden Shower is indeed better, and thus Cursed Flames could do with a bit of a buff. However, making a Corruption version of the Golden Shower solves absolutely nothing.

EXCUSE ME?

*cough*

Sorry, outburst. But seriously, Cursed Flames is far from useless. Really, it's useful in different situations. It is much better in enclosed spaces due to its bouncing capability, it's good for hitting targets below you, plus if you can only get off a single hit (which, there are some cases where that can happen), you're much better off with Cursed Flames since the debuff has lasting damage. Plus, in most cases where you're attacking Ichor-immune enemies (which, granted, are only bosses), Cursed Flames does more damage.

That said, in most other situations Golden Shower is indeed better, and thus Cursed Flames could do with a bit of a buff. However, making a Corruption version of the Golden Shower solves absolutely nothing.
I think that it solves the problem of mages in corruption worlds not having the abilities of the golden shower, which can easily turn the tables on any battle with +10 damage. But you do bring up a point with the cursed flames.

EXCUSE ME?

*cough*

actually, the cursed flames spell does less damage than the flower of fire, is available later, and gives an exactly equal debuff. also, more mobs, especially bosses are immune to cursed flames than ichor. and i like it because it gives another aqua scepter type weapon for hardmode for corruption, as currently the only one corruption gets is aqua scepter, which sucks in hardmode.

Back
Top Bottom