NPCs & Enemies Addition to HM Dungeon Mobs and Fairer Loot

LoveSpreader

Terrarian
Greetings yet again, fellow Terrarians. This will be my first thread on new enemies and drops. I know a lot of you are thinking that the dungeon is already stuffed tight as an egg with mobs, no? While I would agree, I still think it's missing a few stuff as the drops(and introducing drops to the current enemies is just weird) aren't equal for each wall type. Besides, having more dangerous enemies will make it feel more dungeon-like(dangerous), which is what I am proposing.
So let's start.

Bone Hawk
  • HP : 2000
  • Defense : 30; Dive - 60
  • Attack : 60; Dive - 120
  • Desc : A bone hawk. A hawk of bones. It is so boney that you can call it a bone hawk. Not much to say, really.
  • A.I. : It will perch on the floor like Vulture when spawned, and when damaged it will hover above the player like harpies, but faster. Occasionally, it will make a dive at the Player, at which point its damage and defense will double and immune to knockback, plus it can phase through blocks and will gain solidity again once it hovers above the player's head.
  • Drops : Hawk Wishbone(2%), Bone Feather(Same as now?)
  • Spawn : Tiled Wall surface; rare
Flesh Norris
  • HP : 3000
  • Defense : 15
  • Attack : 90; Projectile: 150
  • Looks : As fast as Jet Chan, stronger than Jackie Li and as enigmatic as Chuck Norris.... Just imagine a skeleton in white Judo-Gi with bits of meat attached.
  • A.I. : It will use Bone Lee's A.I and speed but more resistant to knockback, plus a wall-clipping attack at short range. Within 5 blocks or so, it will shoot out dragon claws at the rate of 1/s. These will do 150 damage.
  • Drops : Dragon Claws(2.5%)
  • Spawn : Slab Wall surface; rare as paladin

Love Whipper
  • HP : 4000
  • Defense : 60
  • Attack : 50; Projectile: 100
  • Looks : She(yes, she. The place needs a feminine touch).... will be a queen. An SM Queen, if a little on the... necro'd side. Imagine a skeleton wearing SM outfit.*cough*
  • A.I. : Her movement will be just about as fast as the normal bones. Her special ability will be using her whip to pull you to her side. Range at 7~8 blocks or so. This will ignore blocks.
  • Drops : Whip Cracker(3.33%), Turtle Restraint(6.67%)
  • Spawn : Tiled Wall surface; rare as paladin

Wolf Shaman
  • HP : 450
  • Defense : Wolf - 40; Shaman - 26
  • Attack : Wolf - 40; Shaman - 35, Wolf projectile - 45
  • Looks : Spectral Wolf. Witch Doctor crossover
  • A.I. : Wolf A.I when spawned. At half HP it will teleport away from the player, and will shoot wolf projectiles at player instead. Teleports every 5 seconds or so.
  • Drops : Shamanic Verse(3.33%)
  • Spawn : Slab Wall surface; Uncommon as Ragged Caster

Wormwood
  • HP : 200
  • Defense : 16
  • Attack : 35; Worms - 50
  • Looks : Wormy. Moldy. As a matter of fact, he's got worms all over that he doesn't need any robes. There might not even be any bones, so to speak.
  • A.I. : Dungeon mage A.I. Shoots worm-like projectiles(4 at most) that clips through blocks at about the same speed as bone serpent. Teleport every 5 seconds
  • Drops : Muka Staff(3.33%)
  • Spawn : Brick Wall surface; Uncommon as Necromancer

Star Gazer
  • HP : 600
  • Defense : 22
  • Attack : 40(contact and stars)
  • Looks : He gazed at the stars so much, his head is now twinkling like a superstar. He also pegged down the Rune Wizard and stole his robes, which is now tattered.
  • A.I. : Dungeon mage A.I. Summons stars directly above the player's head. The stars will hover for 1 second before falling straight downwards.
  • Drops : Sky Staff(3.33%)
  • Spawn : Tiled Wall surface; Uncommon as Diabolist
Hawk Wishbone
Hawk Wishbone.png

• An accessory when equipped together with a pair of wings or Hoverboard, will increase horizontal and vertical movement speed while in the air(that is to say, using them).

Dragon Claw
Dragon Claw.png

• A direct upgrade for Bladed Glove.
  • Use Time: 7
  • Damage: 120
  • Tooltip: Crouching Dragon
  • Desc: It is a super buffed version of Bladed Glove. Its potential DPS can be extreme, but with its range you'd be insane to try it on most bosses.

Whip Cracker
Whip Cracker.png

• A flail that shoots straight like Flairon.
  • Use Time: 15
  • Damage: 70
  • Tooltip: -
  • Desc: A flail like weapon that will create a sonic boom(2~3 blocks radius) either once it has reached full length(16 blocks), or when it hits an enemy, at which point it will instantaneously retract. Travels at the same velocity as normal bullets. The sonic boom will deal 70 base damage as well.
Turtle Restraint
  • Accessory.
  • Tooltip: Love Binds Us All
  • +2 Defense, +5% Attack Speed
  • Special Effect: Gives +2 Defense and 5% Attack Speed per player/NPC within 50 blocks radius, caps at 4 player/NPC. (With initial bonus, Max is +10 defense and 25% Attack Speed)
Shamanic Verse
Shamanic Verse.png

• A controllable summoning weapon.
  • Use Time: 20
  • Damage: 55
  • Tooltip: A faint howl can be heard
  • Desc: Summons a spectral wolf that must be manually controlled at the player's side. It will move to where the cursor is aimed using wolf A.I. When released, the wolf will have a delay of 0.5 sec, and leap straight into the air, dealing damage. Takes up 1 minion slot. Can be spammed, but all wolves will only jump up into the air and the last slot will remain used. For example, if you have 3 minion slots, you can summon 2 minions, and you can summon/control the wolf. You wish to spam them, it is possible as well, but your minion count will remain at two, and the wolves will still leap directly into the air. This is a nod to @Baconfry 's manual summon targeting as right-click can't be used.

Muka Staff
Muka Staff.png

• A summoning weapon
  • Use Time: 30
  • Damage: 34
  • Tooltip: Creepy Crawlers
  • Desc: Summons Giant Centipede with worm A.I. Simple as that. No adding segments, just centipedes, squirmy and fleshy... plus too many legs. As an addition, they can travel through solid blocks, but also crawl on surfaces with background walls like spiders. However, they can't float where there are none.

Sky Staff
Sky Staff.png

• A starry summoning weapon.
  • Use Time: 24
  • Damage: 40 - both stars and starfishes
  • Tooltip: Make a Wish
  • Desc: Summons starfishes that will circle around you. They will deal pierce damage, but no knockbacks on their own. Instead of hovering around the enemies, it will continue to circle the summoner, and summon stars(ones much-like starfury) at the enemy. The stars the starfishes summoned won't pierce but will have knockback. They will fire stars at a slightly lower rate Pygmies' javelins.
TPjooak.gif

Not as much particle dust, and a little slower, but that's how the stars will act after summoning.

Credits to @Kalciphoz
Check out his mod when it comes out.

Credit for the sprites goes to @Milt69466 yet again. :dryadhappy:

So what exactly will this accomplish?

Here's a look of current loot for each wall type:
Slab Wall:
Sniper Rifle
Rifle Scope
Spectre Staff
Adhesive Bandage

Tiled Wall:
Inferno Fork
Tactical Shotgun
SWAT Helmet

Brick Wall:
Rocket Launcher
Shadowbeam Staff
Paladin's Hammer
Paladin's Shield
Armor Polish

All Walls:
Keybrand
Bone Feather
Tabi
Black Belt
Ectoplasm
Magnet Sphere
Wisp in a Bottle

With this addition:
Slab Wall:
Sniper Rifle
Rifle Scope
Spectre Staff
Adhesive Bandage
Shamanic Verse
Dragon Claws

Tiled Wall:
Inferno Fork
Tactical Shotgun
SWAT Helmet
Sky Staff
Whip Cracker
Turtle Restraint

Hawk Wishbone
Bone Feather

Brick Wall:
Rocket Launcher
Shadowbeam Staff
Paladin's Hammer
Paladin's Shield
Armor Polish
Muka Staff

All Walls:
Keybrand
Tabi
Black Belt
Ectoplasm
Magnet Sphere
Wisp in a Bottle
Now each wall type will have a weapon for all four damage types, and two accessories. None of the stats are finalized of course, as I think there's room for some fine-tuning. Appreciate your feedbacks on this, people.

Last edited:
This is really good. I always felt like suddenly, the flow of new loot in the dungeon just ended abruptly. This would add more to the non-brick areas, as I always noticed that I never got much stuff from anywhere but the brick area. Support!

I very much like the idea here Free! As stated on the TWiki (wikia), I'd recommend either making a thread about it or mentioning it in one of the existing ones. These aren't just very well balanced, but they're also quite well thought-through.

bone hawk
510 hp
38 damage
26 defense
flies around, swoops down similar to the wyvern, and can drop bone eggs that spawn in homing mini hawks
DROPS: bone, bone feather(.5%), deadwing staff(.10%), leather gauntlet(1.25%

Bone Hawk
  • HP : 2000
  • Defense : 30; Dive - 60
  • Attack : 60; Dive - 120
  • Desc : A bone hawk. A hawk of bones. It is so boney that you can call it a bone hawk. Not much to say, really.
  • A.I. : It will perch on the floor like Vulture when spawned, and when damaged it will hover above the player like harpies, but faster. Occasionally, it will make a dive at the Player, at which point its damage and defense will double and immune to knockback, plus it can phase through blocks and will gain solidity again once it hovers above the player's head.
  • Drops : Hawk Wishbone
  • Spawn : Tiled Wall surface; rare
you shall see me in court...
but this isn't a bad idea. i'd just change the name of the bone hawk

you shall see me in court...
:dryadeek:
Nuuuuu. :dryadcry:
It's supposed to be the Old Man's pet hawk brought to life by the power of HM dungeon.

Anyway, this seems pretty detailed, although, yes the dungeon does miss something, but is it really this many?
Considering that the dungeon gives 3 weapon drops for range and magic, I seriously think it can stand a couple more for melee because keybrand is just a reference weapon. And nothing wrong with adding summoner weapons in there too. I mean, the last summoner weapon you get before the moons(and Duke) is from Plantera. Whereas the others can get more from the dungeon and golem. Not much of a gap, realistically, but you gotta give summoners more reason to grind those places as well. :dryadtongue:

I think I forgot to list the loot that are non-wall-type specifics though. Namely the black belt and keybrand. I might consider adding a few more mobs for all wall types.

Considering that the dungeon gives 3 drops for range and magic, I seriously think it can stand a couple more for melee because keybrand is just a reference weapon. And nothing wrong with adding summoner weapons in there too. I mean, the last summoner weapon you get before the moons(and Duke) is from Plantera. Whereas the others can get more from the dungeon and golem. Not much of a gap, realistically, but you gotta give summoners more reason to grind those places as well. :dryadtongue:

Heh, I see then,
Edgesmile1-vi.png

Point being, I like both our suggestions and i think they both go very well together
Not disliking your thread, but to quote myself:
dungeon is already stuffed tight as an egg with mobs
which is what we will get when we add yours and mine together. 6 summoners enemy in the dungeon would indeed be too many, unless the dungeon gets an expansion. It's not as if we stole ideas from each other, so no clashes. :dryadwink:
I'll admit though, I do not see the PHM dungeon as a good source for summoner weapons because the tiering for them is a bit iffy then.

Updated with the items' sprites, folks. All done by @Milt69466 :dryadpassionate:

Dragon Claw.png
Hawk Wishbone.png
Muka Staff.png
Shamanic Verse.png
Sky Staff.png
Whip Cracker.png

Hmm, nice stuff, but I'd rather see most of these enemies appear elsewhere on the map. As you said yourself, the dungeon is pretty packed.
But since the tile walls have the paladin, it'd be nice to see two of your minibosses appear in the other two areas of a dungeon. :)

The temple only has two types of mobs. I'd love to see more love for that environment. :)

4stars.gif

Last edited:
Hmm, nice stuff, but I'd rather see most of these enemies appear elsewhere on the map. As you said yourself, the dungeon is pretty packed.
But since the tile walls have the paladin, it'd be nice to see two of your minibosses appear in the other two areas of a dungeon. :)
Yeah, I know. It'd be nice to at least have a couple more minibosses for the other wall types.

The temple only has two types of mobs. I'd love to see more love for that environment. :)
For the life of me, I can't find the romance in lizards(or lihzahrds in this case). And most ideas I will cook up will probably look too much like Leinfor's Lihzahrd invasion. I suppose I might attempt it anyway, just for the hell of it.

Back
Top Bottom