Weapons & Equip Aligned Armor: An armor for the jack-of-all-trades

Fortanono 🌳

Retinazer
Soo... I had an idea about an armor set that actually made you want to use more than one weapon type. Not "classless" per se, but still a jack-of-all-trades armor nonetheless. It is one of the "endgame armors" (Turtle, Beetle, Shroomite, Spectre, Tiki, Spooky), and like Turtle, it's available before Plantera. And like the other armors (except Tiki), it represents something in Hardmode, which was the original idea behind it in 1.1: The Corruption and Hallow. Those 2 biomes are just annoyances post-Plantera, and so I think a few things about them later on would be cool.

Let's start!

Aligned Shard Mail
Defense: 23
Bonus: 12% increased critical strike chance and damage
Crafted: 24 Chlorophyte Bars, 1 Light Shard at a Hardmode Anvil

Aligned Leggings
Defense: 14
Bonus: 7% increased movement speed
Crafted: 18 Chlorophyte Bars, 1 Dark Shard at a Hardmode Anvil

And now the helmets, which this set has 4 of:

Aligned Hat
Defense: 7
Total Defense: 44
Bonus: 5% increased magic damage
Set Bonus: Dealing melee, minion and ranged damage decreases mana cost
Crafted: 12 Chlorophyte Bars, 1 Light Shard, 1 Dark Shard at a Hardmode Anvil

Aligned Headgear
Defense: 9
Total Defense: 46
Bonus: 5% increased minion damage
Set Bonus: Dealing melee, ranged and magic damage increases minion cap

Aligned Helmet
Defense: 12
Total Defense: 49
Bonus: 5% increased ranged damage
Set Bonus: Dealing melee, minion and magic damage increases chance not to consume ammo

Aligned Mask
Defense: 19
Total Defense: 56
Bonus: 5% increased melee damage
Set Bonus: Dealing magic, minion and ranged damage increases melee speed

Light/Dark Shards are used since nobody likes single-purpose items.

Allow me to explain how the set bonus works. It is a tiered buff. After dealing 100 damage total with the two classes your helmet does not represent (example: ranged, minion and magic for melee), you gain a 2% increase/decrease (for mana usage) for the stat in question (melee speed, chance not to consume ammo, mana usage). To get tier 2 of the buff, you must do 120 damage and that will increase/decrease the stat in question by 2% more. Tiers 3, 4 and 5 (ends at 5) are the same, but you have to do 20 more damage than the last tier each time. When you get the buff, there is a 60-second timer on it, and dealing more damage with weapons not of you class will add 5 seconds per 10 damage dealt. Advancing to the next level of the buff will add 30 seconds onto the timer, and when the time runs out, you lose the buff (it does not go back one tier or anything). For minions, it caps at 3 and increases minion cap by 1 each level.

What do you think?

Last edited:
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this would make my melee build PERFECT, since i'm more of a multiclass guy rather than melee only. support.

It's an interesting concept, but a bit unbalanced class-wise. Ranged velocity is much less useful for rangers than, say, melee speed is for warriors. So that probably needs to change. I don't know to what, maybe critical strike chance.

Oh, and that summoner one would probably be the most OP summoner set in the game. Summoners already have to cross-class because they don't have any active weapons. I would tone it down a bit.

It's an interesting concept, but a bit unbalanced class-wise. Ranged velocity is much less useful for rangers than, say, melee speed is for warriors. So that probably needs to change. I don't know to what, maybe critical strike chance.

Oh, and that summoner one would probably be the most OP summoner set in the game. Summoners already have to cross-class because they don't have any active weapons. I would tone it down a bit.
Okay. How about ammo consumption chance? And for summoners... How about minion damage? I dunno, only other thing I can think of.

We really do need an endgame armor that works for all classes. I normally use Turtle Armor, but I like to use magic weapons and my Piranha Gun for crowd control during events and in the dungeon.

Okay. How about ammo consumption chance? And for summoners... How about minion damage? I dunno, only other thing I can think of.
Well I think if you toned it down a bit it would be fine. Make it require more damage, 50-80 damage is nothing at endgame. Cap at like +2 or 3 minions and you are probably good. Minion damage could work too.

Sprites?
Greaves:
UtAdOK1.jpg

Chest:
6AQfg2D.jpg

Hat:
2kwkGmn.jpg

Headgear:
kJ2no28.jpg

Helmet:
twyiTAd.jpg

*My editor doesn't support transparency.
I forgot the mask too...

Last edited:
When I read "An armor for the jack-of-all-trades", I thought this would be an armour set with generic stat increases. The mail and leggings match that. But then there is still the headgear variants. So this doesn't really seem any different from other HM armours in that you still need to swap headgear to match your current 'class'?

Due to the stats, it´s more similar to Chlorophyte Armor than any of the endgame sets. In fact, it´s available at the same time as the former.

Back
Top Bottom