Weapons & Equip Anduril

MournfulRelic

The Destroyer
Hello, and this is a suggestion. I was watching LotR also, so yeah.

Let's get on with the main idea. References!

Western Flame (aka Anduril. Thanks to IndecisiveOliver for the name)
Anduril.png

(Sprite by @Pinelord. Thanks!)
Crafting: 2 broken hero swords and 10 ectoplasm at a hardmode anvil
Stats: 97 melee damage
47 summon damage
summons a ghost warrior to fight for you
Can receive a magic and melee modifier

whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold up there. A sword...summoning something?
Let me explain. Anduril can be used as a broadsword and a summoning item. Left-clicking it will swing as a broadsword (no autoswing) and right-clicking it will summon a minion.

Minion Properties
If there are 3 or more ghost warriors, then one will turn into a ghost king, which 54 summon damage, as opposed to 47.
There is something special about the minions though. They will only last 5 minutes, as indicated by there special buff icon.
After that, they will disappear and there is a 2 minute cooldown until Anduril can be used again.

Sting (sprite by @Eli10293)
index.php

Tooltip: "I'll be watchin' you...
38 melee damage
Extremely fast speed

This weapon functions the same way Arkhalis does, but has a very slightly shorter range, and shoots a sonic boom looking projectile in the cursor of the mouse for a very short distance before disappearing. It is dropped by all Goblins (Except the Summoner) in hardmode at a 0.2% drop rate.

Sting also does extra damage against enemies that climb on walls (Spider Enemies)
It will glow blue while being swung and in the inventory when there is a rare mob nearby (same as lifeform analyzer).

I think that's it, and feedback is greatly appreciated!:)

Last edited:
I'll give you feedback because I know how stressful waiting for that first comment is.

First of all I really like that you're referencing my favorite movie series.

Second of all you have neglected to mention what the elven forge is.

Third of all the requirement of 5 broken hero swords is too much, people hate RNG generally.

Fourth of all ectoplasm would actually be an appropriate material for both tiering and the effect.

Fifth of all about the no prefix thing I have a solution. There are prefixes that can be applied to all varieties of weapons and this should be able to get those.

Sixth of all you will likely have to change the name, directly copying it would result in a lawsuit.

I'll give you feedback because I know how stressful waiting for that first comment is.

First of all I really like that you're referencing my favorite movie series.

Second of all you have neglected to mention what the elven forge is.

Third of all the requirement of 5 broken hero swords is too much, people hate RNG generally.

Fourth of all ectoplasm would actually be an appropriate material for both tiering and the effect.

Fifth of all about the no prefix thing I have a solution. There are prefixes that can be applied to all varieties of weapons and this should be able to get those.

Sixth of all you will likely have to change the name, directly copying it would result in a lawsuit.

1. Yeah, its mine two
2. Whoops, thanks for reminding me to put that in I've seemed to forgotten that
3.OK I'll change it
4. Alright, I hadn't considerd that I can do that
5. Yeah I know, I couldn't think of a better name at the moment

I don't know what this is xD

But honestly smashing a weapon with a summoning item seems kind of like it would spawn a hopeless amount of controversy and people whining about you using it on your summoner playthrough :(

Elven forge
Crafted with 10 xhlorophyte bars and an adamantite/titanium forge
I am not going to support the addition of a new forge whose only use is this one weapon. You've already gated it past Plantera with ectoplasm. Just have it crafted at a hardmode anvil and be done with it. If you're vehement about keeping it, you'll need to introduce a bunch of other equipment on par with the Chlorophyte-tier, as that's when it is available.

I am not going to support the addition of a new forge whose only use is this one weapon. You've already gated it past Plantera with ectoplasm. Just have it crafted at a hardmode anvil and be done with it. If you're vehement about keeping it, you'll need to introduce a bunch of other equipment on par with the Chlorophyte-tier, as that's when it is available.

Makes sense, I'll do it:)

Never been super into LotR, but I have to admit that Tolkien was a literary genius.
This is actually a pretty good idea, with fair balance for its tier. I'd use it. Support. :joy:

Also, I've got an idea for the name. Since the original Anduril is called the 'Flame of the West', maybe an appropriate name could be 'Westward /Western Flame'? That way, the reference is preserved, and copyright should be satisfied. Hope this at least gives you some ideas, if you don't like mine. :)

Never been super into LotR, but I have to admit that Tolkien was a literary genius.
This is actually a pretty good idea, with fair balance for its tier. I'd use it. Support. :joy:

Also, I've got an idea for the name. Since the original Anduril is called the 'Flame of the West', maybe an appropriate name could be 'Westward /Western Flame'? That way, the reference is preserved, and copyright should be satisfied. Hope this at least gives you some ideas, if you don't like mine. :)
Brilliant! I'll add it to the OP right away!:happy:
[DOUBLEPOST=1432435063,1432434877][/DOUBLEPOST]
How many ghosts can be summoned?
and what does 1+ minion capacity means?
I'll take it you're new to the summoner stuff in terraria. Up to 9 ghosts I think, and I'm removing that from the op

[DOUBLEPOST=1432435063,1432434877][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'll take it you're new to the summoner stuff in terraria. Up to 9 ghosts I think, and I'm removing that from the op

I only have the slime and the pygmy staff in my game :(

Yaay, I'm helpful! :joy:

Lemme see if I get how this works...
Assuming the player has the absolute max of 9 minions: The first two summons are regular Ghost Warriors. The third "summon" actually condenses the existing Ghosts into a Ghost King. Then, two regular Ghost Warriors can be summoned in addition to the Ghost King, which can then be condensed into another Ghost King. This can be repeated to create an additional Ghost King, giving the player a max of 3 Ghost Kings to guard them.
Is that correct? o_O
I only have the slime and pygmy staff in my game :(
You got the Slime Staff and you still don't get summoning...!? :eek:

Yaay, I'm helpful! :joy:

Lemme see if I get how this works...
Assuming the player has the absolute max of 9 minions: The first two summons are regular Ghost Warriors. The third "summon" actually condenses the existing Ghosts into a Ghost King. Then, two regular Ghost Warriors can be summoned in addition to the Ghost King, which can then be condensed into another Ghost King. This can be repeated to create an additional Ghost King, giving the player a max of 3 Ghost Kings to guard them.
Is that correct? o_O
Umm...no. Sorry 'bout that being complex:confused:. say you have 3 ghosts. 1 of the three turns into a king. The rest of the summons stay warriors. Did you get that?

Umm...no. Sorry 'bout that being complex:confused:. say you have 3 ghosts. 1 of the three turns into a king. The rest of the summons stay warriors. Did you get that?
"Hand, meet face." *Smack*
Hehe, sorry for misunderstanding. Yes, I understand now. No, I promise I'm not usually this slow on the uptake. :sigh:
I rather like the concept of condensing minions, though. I might hold on to that idea. Thanks for inspiring it, Auto! :)

Anyway, that makes a lot more sense for the damage, because the King's damage over the Warrior's was not a very significant increase, so I really should have gotten that it would keep the same number of minions.^.^'
Anyway, you obviously have my support! I really like the idea of this weapon. :naughty:

Back
Top Bottom