Archive of my creations

Fagerlund

Terrarian
I am simply going to move over my archive thread from TO (in case you're curious it's this one: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/archive-of-some-creations.105575/ ), including the text from when I wrote it the first time. So there will be some time travel involved! Hope you'll enjoy!

With the advent of 1.2 I also took the chance to use TEdit for the first time ever (in before it stops working!) and merged the creations of my worlds into a single world. Some of the stuff was also built in 1.0.6 and was thus out of the border (they shrunk the world size in 1.1) so took the opportunity to lower the world and make everything accessible once more... that's why the terrain looks a bit iffy. Other than that everything is built by hand!

Let's start with my best work. The Dragon. This one took a long, long time to make. Not only did I mine Dungeon bricks, I also did it pre-1.1. Ie with a Hellfire Pickaxe... Not doing that again.

Close up:

dragonclose.png

Full thing:

drakehela.png

A little shrine I made that I'm very happy with:

shrine.png

shrine2.png

A tree (you have to have a tree, right?) me and a friend made:

tree.png

This is the spawn point of the world:

entryhall.png

And I had some conveniently located sky islands so decided to make a sky bridge... it's still WIP but this part I really like:

skybridgewip.png

Probably my last finished build before 1.2 hits;

orb.png

orbtorn.png

towerbottom.png

Huh. Turns out I had time to make another dragon somehow.

drakeliten.png

Life and work got a bit in the way, so haven't had much creativity lately. But in this patch you have to have a trophy room... so I've been working on this one. It's still a work in progress though!

treassure.png

And like every treasure chamber it of course has a hidden compartment...

treassure-hidden1.png

And some secrets within secrets!

treassure-hidden2.png

But if you get greedy you'll get burnt...

treassure-hidden-trap.png

So I was just minding my own business, doing laundry and stuff when a friend says "by the way we created a new server. We need a base, here's the IP". I got a bit distracted, and suddenly I had built this tree with a Chine Restaurant on top... You know, like you do.

terchinatree.png

Well, the next update is supposed to be the Lunar update, right? So I decided to go one step closer to the sky and build myself an airship.

airship.png

So... I made a new world with 1.2.4, because you know I could. I was just going to build a base... but it kind of got a life of it's own... This is a preview of what's to come at least!

airbase-wip.png

airbase-terra.png

airbase-teleportroom.png

Got a bit more work done...

airbasewip2.png

Borrowed some trophies from an older world.

airbasetrophy.png

Not sure how to complete the engine-room...

airbaseengines.png

So I think I pretty much finished the build above, and also merged most of my builds into the same world, lots of old stuff in there. Feel free to visit if you'd like:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90275132/w1test.wld

Some of the stuff:

w1a.png

w2.png

I built a little ghost house. I think I need to go find some more paintings to finish it off, but it's mostly done.

ghosthouse.png

The amount of time and work that must have gone into this! Mind=blown.
Well, Steam says I have 495 hours logged in Terraria but I have been playing since 1.0.6 so that's over three years so not so much compared to many others... :)

Well, Steam says I have 495 hours logged in Terraria but I have been playing since 1.0.6 so that's over three years so not so much compared to many others... :)
A lot of the time you must have not been logged on or something like that.

A lot of the time you must have not been logged on or something like that.
No actually, I think most of that is actual playtime. Building and gathering materials takes a lot of time, and I don't play on servers often so no idling for me.

All of your creations are quite amazing! The amount of work put into each one is immense. I really like the floating castle one!!
Keep up the great work! :)

I suddenly got the urge to create. And I built... something. Just having a bit of fun with a limited amount of blocks, seeing what I could do.

hm.png

Also, would you mind terribly, telling me as to what the new grinding wheel thing is? Is it a new crafting station? Or a new drop?
It's a new item you can pick up in the new underground houses.You can't craft anything on it but it gives you more armor pen to melee items when you click it.

I really like how this build uses the natural layout of the terrain. Very cool.

Also, would you mind terribly, telling me as to what the new grinding wheel thing is? Is it a new crafting station? Or a new drop?
Thanks! Yeah, when I saw the layout at the spawn I knew what I had to do. :)

And indeed, it's one of those new buff-stations that you can find here and there. Very useful!

Got a couple of new builds since last time!

First a jungle temple:
jungletemple.png

Then a little fisherman's hut:
fishermanshut.png

A guard tower sectioning off part of my world:
guardtower2.png

A little harbour piece (unfortunately the flag wasn't captured in the image, but imagine a flag there :p ) :
harbourhouse.png

And a spooky base house:
spookyhouse.png

Last edited:
Long time no build... trying to get back into it, but I seem to lack the inspiration to come up with what this evil looking pyramids interior should look like... (any ideas?)
Capture 2017-02-05 15_29_33.png

Back
Top Bottom