Weapons & Equip Arrow Trajectory Tracker [Accessory]

Lyra

Skeletron
So recently, I found out I suck with a bow. I can't accurately judge how far an arrow's going to fall by the time it reaches it's target because the direction it shoots depends on the mouse and it's rather hard to line a shot up. Soooo...

Precog Tracker
udmuann.png

Shows a dotted green line that gradually fades out showing most of the path of arrows fired.
Bought from the Traveling Merchant for 5 gold

It's balanced because it doesn't show the entire path of the arrow, and also because it takes up an accessory slot that if you train yourself, could be used on something else, though to people who're bad with a bow it could be something in the early game when ammo's rather limited and you don't want to waste more than necessary.
Or later in the game for that matter, if those people like the concept of arrows. Either way, it's a good accessory to help newbies in, or people who've been here years and still can't follow that damn curve :p

Precog Scope
UWO5h7f.png

jUDiLHU.png

It's a Tinker's combination of the Tracker and the Rifle Scope. It shows a dotted red line that shows the trajectory of the ranged projectiles of the item you're holding. (mages and beamswords too!)
Made two sprites for this one, one based on the scope and the other a more cylinder-ish scope. I like the rifle one better.

Last edited:
Would the scope account for bouncing or homing projectiles? It would be useful for the grenade launcher.

EDIT: When I mentioned if it took into consideration homing, I was a bit tired. It wouldn't be able to show homing as the way homing works is it adjusts aim mid-flight, rather than when it is fired. so scratch that.

Last edited:
I don't see the point. 2 misses and imblanding every shot. Bows really aren't that difficult.
Obviously since you're good with bows, you wouldn't need something like this. That's kind of the point, not everybody's good at aiming curving projectiles, and that's who this is intended for. Also, what's 'imblanding'?

Obviously since you're good with bows, you wouldn't need something like this. That's kind of the point, not everybody's good at aiming curving projectiles, and that's who this is intended for. Also, what's 'imblanding'?

I meant I'm landing. And I never use bows. Always swords. Maybe its "luck"? Could be. But if your not good with bows why are you using them? I'm not saying the suggestion is bad. I just don't see its purpose

I meant I'm landing. And I never use bows. Always swords. Maybe its "luck"? Could be. But if your not good with bows why are you using them? I'm not saying the suggestion is bad. I just don't see its purpose
Because I want to use a bow, but am not good at aiming them? For new people who want to be an archer but find bows hard to aim? For people who want to judge their rocket and landmine shot's ricochet before firing? It's a convenience accessory that's easy to obtain early-game and late-game is somewhat useful for bouncing projectiles. I can see plenty of purpose there.

Because I want to use a bow, but am not good at aiming them? For new people who want to be an archer but find bows hard to aim? For people who want to judge their rocket and landmine shot's ricochet before firing? It's a convenience accessory that's easy to obtain early-game and late-game is somewhat useful for bouncing projectiles. I can see plenty of purpose there.

And trial and error blows all those theories. Using an accessory to make you better at a bow doesn't make YOU better at using a bow. Why cheat skill when you can earn it? Call me old fashioned or call me stupid. But thats my way of thinking. But to each their own I guess.

Bows are easy, I need the second one for magic mostly
(but could also be useful for some melee weapons, like the north pole, could show the maximum range of the death sickle, etc, etc)

there should be upgrades for the tracker for hardmode users with longer ranged bows or make the distance of the line vary between different bows

there should be upgrades for the tracker for hardmode users with longer ranged bows or make the distance of the line vary between different bows
The Precog Scope doesn't have a fade-out like the Tracker does, and tracks all kinds of ranged ammo, not just arrows.

maybe it could show the path of the projectile by right clicking? I love this idea, though, especially as I have just got the Pulse Bow and Tsunami after ages of farming.

Back
Top Bottom