Augmented TCF - A Chrome Extension & FireFox Add-on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Everest

Mechanic
Don't you hate it when you're in the middle of reading a thread, and you get an alert? Now you have to scroll all the way up to see what it was, and once you've done that, you then need to scroll all the way back to where you were.

Or maybe you're the kind of person who likes to make their own emotes, which I must comment on to be very nice, but you really hate having to keep a list of links to all of those emotes somewhere only to copy one and insert it as an image.

Well, this extension adds features to the forums to make situations like those just mentioned a lot less common.

Features
  • General
    • Arrow Key Navigation: Allows you to use the left and right keys to go to the previous and next page of any page navigation, including threads and conversations.
    • Fixed Menu: Keeps the top navigation (Home, Forums, Search, Alerts, etcs.) at the top of the page, allowing for easier navigation access. This means that if you get a notification mid-thread you can just open your alerts at the top right of the screen instead of scrolling back to the top.
      2f245a1359.jpg

• Style Fixes: Applies some css to all pages on the forum, in attempt to fix any weird styling. This includes:
      • The width of spoiler bodies and quotes fit what they're inside of.
      • Some changes specifically for the Snow theme:
        535fa06d98.jpg
        Different colored links & the background behing "Start a Conversation" is different.
  • Content
    • Collapsed Quotes: Although quotes are already somewhat collapsed when they get too big, this completely collapses all quotes by default. If you reveal a quote, it'll reveal the entire quote.
      3292ca62da.jpg

• Custom Smilies: Allows you to add urls to images (one smilie/image per line). These images will show up under a "Custom" tab in the forum's text editor. They'll insert IMG BBCode containing the image.
      028d148cc7.jpg

• Remove Smilies: Removes smilies/emoticons from posts and conversations. Note: Does not remove custom smilies.
      • Replace Smilies: Instead of removing smilies, this replaces them with the text that would create them. Note: Same as before, doesn't apply to custom emotes.
    • Remove Colors: Removes color from anyone's post or quotes that aren't an the following whitelist:
      • Remove Colors Whitelist/Exceptions: Anyone whose name is on this whitelist will be excluded from having their quotes or posts uncolored.
    • Warn On Unsubmitted Content: Warns you that there is content you haven't submitted if you try to leave or refresh a page with unsubmitted content.
      beed8e81b9.jpg

• Default Font options
      • Message Font Color: This color code (ex: #000000, 123def, or #f00, the ) will be assigned to all posts by default.
      • Message Font: Allows you to choose the default font for all of your posts.
      • Justify: Automatically makes your text justified (What's that?).
I'm sorry for all you default XenForo theme users as none of my features support the default theme. Maybe in the future <3.

What if I don't want some of those features?

Great question, not everyone will want all of those features. For that reason, I've included an options page! It can be found in two ways:
  • There's a nice new link under your name labeled "Augmented TCF" which brings you to the Options in a new tab
    2b64394b83.jpg
  • The option link in your list of extensions (if you're on chrome)
    d70b79c456.jpg

I have an idea!/I found a bug! kill it kill it kill it!
That's what this thread is for! I'm definitely welcome to suggestions and bug reports. If you encounter a bug, then all I initially ask for is steps on how to reproduce the bug (how did you get it to occur). From there, I may ask for more information, or that may be it. If the bug is quite obvious just by a screenshot, then that'll work too.

Last edited:
O my hell yes so much yes I mean, wow. YES.

DIS GOT ME BABBLIN' NONSENSE WHEN DOES THAT HAPPEN :eek:

Custom Smilies: Allows you to add urls to images (one smilie/image per line). These images will show up under a "Custom" tab in the forum's text editor. They'll insert IMG BBCode containing the image.
028d148cc7.jpg
I can't believe this was actually made a thing. THANK YOU TCF MECHANICS OVERLORDS THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Punctuation marks that weren't added above for some reason: !!!!!!!?!!

How about a version for Firefox/Waterfox? From what I've tested, all Firefox-based extensions work in Waterfox, which is what I'm using for Windows 7-64.

This looks as useful as the one for TO, but I'm staying away from Chrome.

How about a version for Firefox/Waterfox? From what I've tested, all Firefox-based extensions work in Waterfox, which is what I'm using for Windows 7-64.

This looks as useful as the one for TO, but I'm staying away from Chrome.
I'll look into FF add-ons then. I'm not guaranteeing anything (especially very soon) but I will look into it and eventually hopefully make a FF version. Sorry for the inconvenience though.

Yeah, same thing as Razor Knight. A Firefox extension would be awesome, but I've switched to Chrome just because of this. Great work!!

[EDIT] Is it possible to post in green, like I am, on
profile posts using Aug. TCF?

Last edited:
I'm liking this so far, great job!

Suggestion: I see we're allowed to disable the forum bar on the top, but doing so also disables the alerts section. The bar gets in the way of posts but the alerts don't, so how about a way to disable one or the other?

Yeah, same thing as Razor Knight. A Firefox extension would be awesome, but I've switched to Chrome just because of this. Great work!!

[EDIT] Is it possible to post in green, like I am, on
profile posts using Aug. TCF?
Yup, just set the Message Font Color option to "#00ff00"

I'm liking this so far, great job!

Suggestion: I see we're allowed to disable the forum bar on the top, but doing so also disables the alerts section. The bar gets in the way of posts but the alerts don't, so how about a way to disable one or the other?
The thing is, that depends on screen/window size. For some people, the alerts section will also cover posts.

Agreed, though, that top bar does take up a lot of room and just having alerts would be a good idea. I'll look into a good way to implement it, probably a sub-option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom