Weapons & Equip Bar-rister

Do you think that the Bar-rister is a good idea?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 44 63.8%
  • Sure.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • It could use some changes.

Votes: 10 14.5%

• Total voters

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
Ingot Cannon.png

Bar-rister
28 Damage
Extreme Knockback
8% Critical Chance
10 Velocity
Fast Usetime
Rarity_color_5.png
Rarity
20% Chance not to consume ammo

The bar-rister is a new weapon that is sold by the steampunk for 50 gold post-mech, during a full moon. It's basically the star cannon of hardmode.

kdcROYP.png

It has the unique ability of actually firing bars of metal, each of which have special abilities

Bar Type | Damage | Special
Copper_Bar.png
| 30 | +5 Critical Strike Chance
Tin_Bar.png
| 32 | +7 Critical Strike Chance
Iron_Bar.png
| 34 | +4 Velocity
Lead_Bar.png
| 39 | +5 Velocity
Silver_Bar.png
| 42 | Pierces Twice
Tungsten_Bar.png
| 46 | Pierces Twice
Gold_Bar.png
| 49 | +10 Knockback
Platinum_Bar.png
| 52 | +12 Knockback
Demonite_Bar.png
| 55 | Heals for 1 health on successful hit
Crimtane_Bar.png
| 57 | Heals for 1.5 health on successful hit
Meteorite_Bar.png
| 62 | Bounces thrice
Hellstone_Bar.png
| 65 | Explodes into a diabolist projectile on contact that does 30 damage.
Cobalt_Bar.png
| 70 | Inflicts the electrocuted debuff
Palladium_Bar.png
| 72 | Gives the player the Rapid Healing buff
Mythril_Bar.png
| 75 |Gives the player 15 mana on a successful hit
Orichalcum_Bar.png
| 78 | Inflicts the slow debuff
Adamantite_Bar.png
| 81 | Explodes on impact
Titanium_Bar.png
| 85 | On a successful hit, summons 1-2 more from the sky that deal 1/2 damage.
Hallowed_Bar.png
| 90 | Has a chance to inflict a random debuff
Chlorophyte_Bar.png
| 95 | Homes in on enemies
Spectre_Bar.png
| 103 | Has a ghostly afterimage that does damage and gives the player mana for 15% of the damage
Shroomite_Bar.png
| 105 | Releases a cloud of damaging mushroom spores
Luminite_Bar.png
| 122 | Creates a vortex that sucks in and kills all enemies with less than 250 health

kdcROYP.png

Well that took a long time. Looks awesome though!

But why does it fire bars? What use is this, you ask.

It fires bars because after you have three or so stacks of bars from mining, fishing crates, etc, you don't have anything to do with them except sell them.

Thank you @DerpoTheMagnificent for the sprite!

Anyways, I hope that you liked this suggestion. Fill out the poll if you want, and if you feel a part of this thread isn't balanced, tell me!

Last edited:
Might want to, ummm, gate it a little, considering tat you can get this right after 1 mechanical boss, and already can cause 118 damage, w/o debuffs.

I would use this thing non-stop, it sounds freakin' awesome. I think you should make the luminite do a bit more though, infinite piercing alone is a bit boring for the best metal in the game.
You done good.png

Sure, why not? Gives me a reason to stock up on the HM ores other than armor and tools I'll be using for a total of three minutes.

Luminite bar should have a more unique ability. That's a whole bar of the good stuff, all for piercing? Maybe something to do with lasers and explosions.

Sure, why not? Gives me a reason to stock up on the HM ores other than armor and tools I'll be using for a total of three minutes.

Luminite bar should have a more unique ability. That's a whole bar of the good stuff, all for piercing? Maybe something to do with lasers and explosions.
I didn't mean more damage, I meant more as in, it should have more special abilities. Like what Frog said.
Alright... um... creates a vortex that sucks in and instantly kills all enemies with >250 health.

I think the hellstone bar is a bit more powerful than cobalt, depending how long the diabolist projectile lasts.

>250 means above 250 health, right? (correct me if I wrong, things could be be different in place).

Would that mean it would insta-kill most bosses? (actually all of them, including the Moon Lord)

>250 means above 250 health, right? (correct me if I wrong, things could be be different in place).

Would that mean it would insta-kill most bosses? (actually all of them, including the Moon Lord)
No, it means below. Obviously. ;p
[DOUBLEPOST=1442863701,1442863662][/DOUBLEPOST]
I think the hellstone bar is a bit more powerful than cobalt, depending how long the diabolist projectile lasts.

I will reduce the diabolist fireball damage. ;)

I like creative suggestions, so this was right up my alley. I would see myself using this for fun.

One question though, When you say the luminite vortex insta-kills enemies with <250 health, do you mean it does 250 armor ignoring damage?

Back
Top Bottom