tModLoader Better yoyos

Graydee

The Destroyer
You ever try to do a yoyo playthrough, only to discover that almost all vanilla yoyos are boring?
Well, look no further for the solution
Introducing better yoyos, a mod that makes more than half of vanilla yoyos have special effects!

Artery shoots a lifestealing knife
Malaise shoots a homing corrupter
Code 1 and Code 2 shoot lasers
Hel-Fire shoots bouncy fireballs
Cascade shoots demon scythes
Amarok leaves behind a trail of ice sickles
Amazon creates spores to damage enemies
Valor launches waterbolts in random directions
Chik outputs an aura of crystals
Kraken launches homing spectre bolts
Eye of cthulu launches cursed flames to destroy your enemies

The download is on the mod browser on TModloader
Also Here

I hope you enjoy this little micro mod! If anythings buggy or unbalanced, comment below and tell me!
Thanks
-Graydee

Last edited:
You ever try to do a yoyo playthrough, only to discover that almost all vanilla yoyos are boring?
Well, look no further for the solution
Introducing better yoyos, a mod that makes more than half of vanilla yoyos have special effects!

Developerd by Graydee
"The requested attachment could not be found"
Might wanna fix that

"The requested attachment could not be found"
Might wanna fix that
Lol accidentally clicked "post" before I meant to
I probably don't need it to be reserved anyway
will probably post gifs when it stops being obnoxious

Last edited:
I really like the idea, haven't tested it yet, but is it balanced. I mean Artery shooting a life stealing dagger is cool, but is it OP or not. Maybe you might want to nerf the damages, but I mean haven't tried it yet. Good work btw.

Great mod. Really awesome. It should be more well known.

Could you make the source code visible in the tmodreader (the hideCode=false on build.txt) It would be nice to be able to check the malaise/kraken code because I tried cloning projectiles that were homing before but they didnt home into enemies.

Last edited:
Better yoyos work in tmod 0.9 with the fun side effect of completely breaking pets as well as preventing weapons from doing anything. I knew it's too good to be true when a non-aesthetic mod that isn't updated somehow loads in 0.9.

Better yoyos work in tmod 0.9 with the fun side effect of completely breaking pets as well as preventing weapons from doing anything. I knew it's too good to be true when a non-aesthetic mod that isn't updated somehow loads in 0.9.

I know, right? Pretty much the only weapons that still work are swords or anything similiar (like tools) which means that Melee is the only working Class. Playing as a mage, ranger, summoner or thrower is simply impossible since there aren't any projectiles or summons.

So, not sure what's quite up, but the current version of Better Yo-Yos breaks pretty much every projectile. Sorry, this one's going off my list for a bit until another update :S

Back
Top Bottom