Weapons & Equip Biome Chest Accessories

How did I do?

• Awesome!

Votes: 60 81.1%
  • Please, no, it smells!

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • I'm not sure exactly what's going on here, but it looks cool!

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
In my Implementation thread, I revealed my strategy for taking the guesswork out of choosing which biome chests to open.

Now I'm adding back a little bit of that mystery... but don't worry, I'm sure you won't mind!

One out of the four biome chests for each biome, selected at random, will contain a special accessory as well as a biome weapon.

One of these has been revealed already:

Phoenix Feather.png
(sprited by SzGamer227)
Phoenix Feather
Found in one of the four Underworld Chests.
Upon receiving a killing blow, health will be reduced to 1, and temporary invincibility will be granted, as well as damage boosts. Ten minute cooldown.

Tinkered with the Charm of Myths to create the Phoenix Charm , which combines the effects and reduces the cooldown to eight minutes.

And now...

arcticcirclet.png

Arctic Circlet
Found in one of the Frozen Chests.
Inflicts Frozen on enemies that make contact, for two seconds.

The Frozen debuff will need to be applicable to enemies; aesthetically, this will be done the same way as Ichor and Venom (enemies will take on a pale blue tint). Same will go for players.
As for the debuff itself, it will kill movement entirely, but not contact damage. Unfortunately, flying or jumping enemies will have to remain in midair, unless there's an efficient way to program gravity into Frozen enemies.

The Arctic Circlet is tinkered with the Frozen Turtle Shell to create the Cryogenic Core.

cryogeniccore.png

Cryogenic Core
Acts the same as the Arctic Circlet when the FTS effect is inactive.
When the FTS effect activates, the wearer has the option to hit the DOWN directional key to inflict Cryostasis on themselves.

Cryostasis reduces damage taken by an additional 50%, boosts life regeneration, and inflicts Frozen on enemies before they can get close enough to deal contact damage. However, it precludes movement and item use. Like all buffs, a right click can cancel it, and it automatically wears off when the wearer exits FTS range.

The Cryostasis buff takes the appearance of the current Frozen debuff.

chaosmedallion.png
(Sprited by SzGamer227)
Chaos Medallion
Found in one of the Hallowed Chests.
Upon receiving a killing blow, the medallion will intervene and teleport the wearer to a random area on the screen before damage can actually be dealt. This inflicts Chaos State for seven seconds, however.

In addition, enemies that touch the player have a 20% chance to be teleported to a random area on the screen before contact damage can actually be dealt.

Tinkered with the Star Veil to create the:

galaxynecklace.png

Galaxy Necklace
, which simply combines the two effects.

bloodseal.png

Blood Seal
Found in one of the Crimson Chests.
Nearby enemies are inflicted with the Chained debuff (which is linked to the identity of the wearer). When an enemy affected by Chained takes damage, all who received Chained from the same player take equivalent damage. The Chained debuff can only be inflicted on five enemies per player at a time.

Tinkered with the Paladin's Shield to create the Blood Shield.

bloodshield.png

Blood Shield
Whenever any nearby player takes damage, 5% of that damage is nullified and redirected to each Chained enemy. In the case of multiple Blood Shield users, the damage is redirected to the enemies chained by the user closest to the damaged player.
Example: 15% will be nullified by a Blood Shield that has chained three enemies.

shadowseal.png

Shadow Seal
Found in one of the Corruption Chests.
When the wearer is damaged, a literal shadow of the wearer is created in the same spot, with HP equivalent to five times the damage dealt. It is not created if a player already has a shadow. The shadow is invincible for three seconds, and then can be damaged by enemies, as well as losing 10 HP per second. Enemies will preferentially target the shadow.

Tinkered with the Master Ninja Gear to create the Shadow Ninja Gear, whose shadows teleport after being damaged, like HM dungeon casters.

Photosynthetic Crystal
Found in one of the Jungle Chests.
Boosts health regeneration, mana regeneration, and movement speed based on the player's exposure to light.

Tinkered with the Voltaic Cell to create the Photovoltaic Cell, which also builds charge based on light exposure. This charge can be used for lighting or for electrifying nearby enemies.

This project, believe it or not, isn't finished yet. I'll just leave this here...

Embalmer Charm (or Eye of Horus)
Found in one of the Desert Chests.
Increases movement speed, damage, knockback, and critical strike chance in proportion to the amount of health that the wearer has lost.

Tinkered with the Ankh Charm (not Shield) to create the Ankh of Anubis, which causes debuffs to temporarily boost the stats associated with the Embalmer Charm instead of actually being inflicted.

Apologies for not having sprited every accessory (or not having included sprites that have already been printed by others). I'll add in the missing ones over time. But it's the ideas that matter, isn't it?

Last edited:
I actually find it rather funny that I borrowed the majority of these ideas from myself. The only truly new things are the tinkers and the Circlet.

*cough* I-still-don't-see-any-cyber *cough*

The entire project is still totally awesome, though. I especially like the Cryogenic core, if I had to pick one.

the only thing I don't like about this is that there is no desert chest thread yet can we be seeing that in the future?

Overall creative and well balanced idea! But more sprites could be added.
chaosmedallion.png
Phoenix Feather.png
eyeofhorus.png
bloodshield.png

Chaos Medallion and Phoenix Feather are by SzGamer227. Eye of Horus taken from my reject pile :(

the only thing I don't like about this is that there is no desert chest thread yet can we be seeing that in the future?
It's called a spoiler. Your generation needs to develop a little patience :dryadwink:

I actually find it rather funny that I borrowed the majority of these ideas from myself. The only truly new things are the tinkers and the Circlet.
I had noticed that especially with the chaos medallion however it fits perfectly only one that I'm iffy about is the Arctic circlet and that's just because I would be sad to see the frozen sprite disappear(then again the ability to use it against enemies could make up for that)
support :)

I had noticed that especially with the chaos medallion however it fits perfectly only one that I'm iffy about is the Arctic circlet and that's just because I would be sad to see the frozen sprite disappear(then again the ability to use it against enemies could make up for that)
support :)
Like I said, the Frozen sprite is now used for Cryostasis. Nothing is wasted!

I like this suggestion , it has something the weapons could be replaced with.
P.S. I voted that the suggestions smells , because it smells good.
Well... actually... I'm not replacing the weapons, these are extras. It's not like the biome chests can hold only one item, anyways.

You never cease to amaze me, MikuFry.
My opinion of this is that these would all make great additions to the game. In particular, I simply adore the concept of the Blood/Shadow Seals and their respective tinkered forms, but I can't think of a way that this could be implemented effectively, without causing a multitude of bugs.

In my Implementation thread, I revealed my strategy for taking the guesswork out of choosing which biome chests to open.

Now I'm adding back a little bit of that mystery... but don't worry, I'm sure you won't mind!

One out of the four biome chests for each biome, selected at random, will contain a special accessory as well as a biome weapon.

One of these has been revealed already:

View attachment 5246 (sprited by SzGamer227)
Phoenix Feather
Found in one of the four Underworld Chests.
Upon receiving a killing blow, health will be reduced to 1, and temporary invincibility will be granted, as well as damage boosts. Ten minute cooldown.

Tinkered with the Charm of Myths to create the Phoenix Charm , which combines the effects and reduces the cooldown to eight minutes.

And now...

View attachment 5220
Arctic Circlet
Found in one of the Frozen Chests.
Inflicts Frozen on enemies that make contact, for two seconds.

The Frozen debuff will need to be applicable to enemies; aesthetically, this will be done the same way as Ichor and Venom (enemies will take on a pale blue tint). Same will go for players.
As for the debuff itself, it will kill movement entirely, but not contact damage. Unfortunately, flying or jumping enemies will have to remain in midair, unless there's an efficient way to program gravity into Frozen enemies.

The Arctic Circlet is tinkered with the Frozen Turtle Shell to create the Cryogenic Core.

View attachment 5222
Cryogenic Core
Acts the same as the Arctic Circlet when the FTS effect is inactive.
When the FTS effect activates, the wearer has the option to hit the DOWN directional key to inflict Cryostasis on themselves.

Cryostasis reduces damage taken by an additional 50%, boosts life regeneration, and inflicts Frozen on enemies before they can get close enough to deal contact damage. However, it precludes movement and item use. Like all buffs, a right click can cancel it, and it automatically wears off when the wearer exits FTS range.

The Cryostasis buff takes the appearance of the current Frozen debuff.

View attachment 5247 (Sprited by SzGamer227)
Chaos Medallion
Found in one of the Hallowed Chests.
Upon receiving a killing blow, the medallion will intervene and teleport the wearer to a random area on the screen before damage can actually be dealt. This inflicts Chaos State for seven seconds, however.

In addition, enemies that touch the player have a 20% chance to be teleported to a random area on the screen before contact damage can actually be dealt.

Tinkered with the Star Veil to create the:

View attachment 5219
Galaxy Necklace
, which simply combines the two effects.

View attachment 5223
Blood Seal
Found in one of the Crimson Chests.
Nearby enemies are inflicted with the Chained debuff (which is linked to the identity of the wearer). When an enemy affected by Chained takes damage, all who received Chained from the same player take equivalent damage. The Chained debuff can only be inflicted on five enemies per player at a time.

Tinkered with the Paladin's Shield to create the Blood Shield.

View attachment 5245
Blood Shield
Whenever any nearby player takes damage, 5% of that damage is nullified and redirected to each Chained enemy. In the case of multiple Blood Shield users, the damage is redirected to the enemies chained by the user closest to the damaged player.
Example: 15% will be nullified by a Blood Shield that has chained three enemies.

View attachment 5221
Shadow Seal
Found in one of the Corruption Chests.
When the wearer is damaged, a literal shadow of the wearer is created in the same spot, with HP equivalent to five times the damage dealt. It is not created if a player already has a shadow. The shadow is invincible for three seconds, and then can be damaged by enemies, as well as losing 10 HP per second. Enemies will preferentially target the shadow.

Tinkered with the Master Ninja Gear to create the Shadow Ninja Gear, whose shadows teleport after being damaged, like HM dungeon casters.

Photosynthetic Crystal
Found in one of the Jungle Chests.
Boosts health regeneration, mana regeneration, and movement speed based on the player's exposure to light.

Tinkered with the Voltaic Cell to create the Photovoltaic Cell, which also builds charge based on light exposure. This charge can be used for lighting or for electrifying nearby enemies.

This project, believe it or not, isn't finished yet. I'll just leave this here...

Embalmer Charm (or Eye of Horus)
Found in one of the Desert Chests.
Increases movement speed, damage, knockback, and critical strike chance in proportion to the amount of health that the wearer has lost.

Tinkered with the Ankh Charm (not Shield) to create the Ankh of Anubis, which causes debuffs to temporarily boost the stats associated with the Embalmer Charm instead of actually being inflicted.

Apologies for not having sprited every accessory (or not having included sprites that have already been printed by others). I'll add in the missing ones over time. But it's the ideas that matter, isn't it?
Not really a bad idea. Not exactly too OP and having a unique function. :)

I love the powers of each of these accessories but most of them are geared for survival rather than mobility or damage (except the Photosynthetic Crystal and partially the Embalmer Charm). Maybe just tweak them a little to give them a bit more diversity?

Huh... yeah, it does look like most of these are defensive. A lot of the offense-oriented ideas I have are better suited for weapons, so it's natural that these would be geared toward survival.

The way I see it, defense seems to be quite a bit more important than offense when it comes to winning against bosses and events. Many accessories are geared toward offense and mobility, so I think it shouldn't be too bad to take a defensive approach with these.

Back
Top Bottom