Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Desert

Do you like 'em?

• Totally! You've won me over.

Votes: 81 93.1%
  • Maybe I'm just picky, but not really. A for effort?

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Ugh, I can't imagine how anyone would like these.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
I'll leave this here for those who haven't been introduced to the project yet: Biome Weapon Project: Implementation

Now I promised that I would only suggest biome weapons for fully fleshed-out biomes. The Desert, as of right now, does not qualify as one. Luckily, @zimberzimber has fixed that in his desert expansion suggestion. So I'm free to make weapons for a Desert Chest. Yay!

pharaohsserpent.png

Pharaoh's Serpent
100 melee damage
Weak knockback
Average speed

This weapon works like a Golem Fist, with a few distinctions: it is homing, and has incredibly high velocity. In addition, when it strikes an enemy, a Serpent's Seal will be placed on that enemy, and after three seconds, it will explode for 150 damage, catching nearby enemies in the blast.

desertsun.png

Desert Sun
48 magic damage
Very weak knockback
Insanely fast speed
4 mana

This one is hard to describe. Holding the left mouse down will cast and maintain several rays of light, which travel for a set distance and bounce, exactly like a Shadowbeam Staff. The beams will be more focused together if the cursor held is further away from the user. Like the Rainbow Gun, enemies within the beams take constant damage. Think of it as a constant-use Shadowbeam Staff that devastates enemies within a much wider area.

deserteagles.png

Desert Eagles
38 ranged damage
Weak knockback
Very fast speed (11)
Autofire
50% chance to not consume ammo

Two guns? Right. I know Desert Eagles aren't fully automatic, but since there are two of them here, I think we can justify autofire. The thing with these dual pistols is that the longer the fire button is held, the faster they fire, up to insanely fast (usetime 7). In addition, continued fire causes them to fire a shotgun-like spread of Sand Pellets with each shot. The damage of those pellets is calculated with the gun's damage value, however, and doesn't consider the bullets.

bandagedstaff.png

Bandaged Staff
42 summon damage

Summons Mummy minions, which are ground-based and attack by shooting rolls of toilet paper at enemies. These toilet paper rolls bounce but do not pierce. Original idea published by Zimberzimber.

eyeofhorus.png
(not terribly happy with this sprite; treat it as a placeholder)
Eye of Horus
Found in one of the Desert Chests

Increases movement speed, damage, knockback, and critical strike chance in proportion to the amount of health that the wearer has lost. Tinkered with the Ankh Charm (not Shield) to create the Ankh of Anubis, which causes debuffs to temporarily boost the stats associated with the Eye of Horus instead of actually being inflicted.

How did I do this time?

This is fantastic, this is by far my favourite one. Very good job, my support sticks with you.

I like it, but...
View attachment 5523
Pharaoh's Serpent
100 melee damage
Weak knockback
Average speed

This weapon works like a Golem Fist, with a few distinctions: it is homing, and has incredibly high velocity. In addition, when it strikes an enemy, a Serpent's Seal will be placed on that enemy, and after three seconds, it will explode for 150 damage, catching nearby enemies in the blast.
I feel like the damage of this one is too high.

If the Desert Eagles made a deep 'boom' sound when it fired, similiar to Counter Strike Source, I would use those in a heartbeat.

Awesome ideas baconfry! Keep it up!

Maybe the serpent's "chain" should slow down enemies?
I think I've added enough to that particular weapon. It might work on the mummies, though.
I like it, but...

I feel like the damage of this one is too high.
It doesn't pierce, though, unlike the Paladin's hammer. I thought, "what would it take for people to use the Possessed Hatchet over the Paladin's Hammer"?
Like it! But what about hallowed deserts and corrupted/Crimson deserts?
Those will allow both types of keymolds to drop, just like tainted snow biomes.
Small question: is it possible to make a "anubis shield" with anubis ankh?
I love tradeoffs. So no.

Just a reminder: the one who expanded the Desert biome itself is zimberzimber. I'm simply expanding on how the Biome Weapon Project would develop to include the Desert.

Just a reminder: the one who expanded the Desert biome itself is zimberzimber. I'm simply expanding on how the Biome Weapon Project would develop to include the Desert.
I know that, but this would be nice to see along side zimberzimber's idea

Out of all the Biome Weapon Projects, though, this seems like it might be the most interesting. I love how you design your weapons; they're all unique and interesting.

Back
Top Bottom