Weapons & Equip Biome Weapon Project: Hallow

How did I do?

• Excellent.

Votes: 77 92.8%
  • I can suggest what I personally think is an improvement!

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • No! I don't like any of it and I'm prepared to discuss it with you at least somewhat intelligently!

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
Alright, so here are the Hallowed biome weapons I'm proposing as alternates to the Rainbow Gun. (For concerns about obtainment, see the other Biome Weapon Project threads.)

rainbow.png

Rain Bow
48 ranged damage
Fast speed
50% chance not to consume ammo (for each stack)
Extremely weak knockback

The one that started it all. Shoots three double-shots in rapid succession, using arrows from the first three stacks in the player's inventory. No autofire.

prismlance.png

Prism Lance

70 melee damage
Fast speed
Very strong knockback

Fires seven multicolored beams with a roughly 45 degree spread in the direction of the mouse. The beams bounce three times but do not pierce, making it overwhelmingly powerful in enclosed spaces but rather inefficient when used in open areas.

angelicstaff.png

Angelic Staff
42 summon damage

Summons Angel minions, which shoot homing light-arrows at enemies. To compensate for the homing effect, the rate of fire is noticeably slower than that of the Tempest Staff's Sharknadoes. Not quite as slow as Imps, though. Lazy bumholes.

When an Angel deals a killing blow to an enemy, a "glowing soul" is spawned in its place. The glowing soul increases regeneration significantly when a player stands in it, and disappears after (slain enemy's max health/20) seconds. (Duration is capped at 60 seconds.)

How did I do?

Last edited:
I like the angelic staff but what if the angel things would float around you and increase Regen for a few seconds?

I'm going to attack you on the angelic staff. I think the glowing soul needs some negative effect, like slowing movement speed. It's just too easy to stay alive with that thing. Maybe on kill you restore 5-10 extra hp instead?

42 summon damage? tis the meaning of life!

I really like this biome chest overhaul. Props to you three!
hammer_of_approval_by_milt69466-d815i4s.gif

Thanks for all your support! Guess that's what happens when I advertise it in a status that dozens of people have commented on, haha...

On another note, the Angelic Staff ...

I'm going to attack you on the angelic staff. I think the glowing soul needs some negative effect, like slowing movement speed. It's just too easy to stay alive with that thing. Maybe on kill you restore 5-10 extra hp instead?

dangit you interrupted me

I never said how much regeneration it provided. It's essentially the same as Honey Regeneration, which is far from overpowered.

Anyways... just wanted to say that the Angelic Staff is probably the most beautiful sprite I will ever produce in my entire life.

Hmm the angelic staff is the only thing I'm skeptical on as it feels like too many effects though its a biome chest weapon so that might be okay...
When are you going to come up with the general tread for this category of additions? As of now I still am worried about world gen RNG...

Wait wait wait.....
So THAT is what you we're struggling with?
That Angelic Staff?

I thought you were struggling with a full blown Angel NPC.....

The Rain Bow seems a little meh compared to the others. Maybe at least add a visual effect to the arrows? How about a light trail behind them based on the arrows fired? And maybe instead of 3 double shots, you could switch it over to 2 triple shots. That way when they come flying out of the bow it will have a more rainbow like effect for appearance.

Back
Top Bottom