Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Booooo

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Baconfry

Terrarian
So here's what I came up with for the Jungle's alternate biome weapons.

amazonwrath.png

Amazon Wrath
80 melee damage
Very fast speed
Strong knockback

Launches a spread of three parasitic seeds, which are strongly affected by gravity. When the seeds hit an enemy, they cling (one seed per enemy), dealing 40 damage every second. Every 5 damage done stores 1 health in the seed, and when 50 health is stored inside, or the enemy is killed, the seed drops off and can be picked up by a player to restore health.

viridianstorm.png

Viridian Storm
52 magic damage
Fast speed
Extremely weak knockback
Uses 4 mana

Fires spore clouds. Spore clouds bounce off surfaces, like the Water Bolt. Each can hit enemies three times, and has a very large hitbox. However, they have extremely low velocity, even slower than the Water Bolt. This is a blessing in disguise, because spamming these projectiles can make any enclosed space uninhabitable. Spore clouds last for six seconds.

Here's the interesting bit: after a spore cloud hits an enemy once, it homes in on it. This makes the Viridian Storm unique as a partially-homing projectile.

carnivorastaff.png

Carnivora Staff
30 summon damage

Summons a Carnivorous Plant "turret" at the mouse location. It can be placed on background walls. It has a lifetime of one minute. But keep reading.

When an enemy comes within range of the turret, it opens its jaw and launches a Plantera's Tentacle-esque projectile at it, with a vine attached. Much like the Piranha Gun, it quickly chews its victim into bits. However, it is forced to retract after finishing off its prey.

Whenever it kills an enemy this way, its lifetime is increased by (maximum health of the enemy/50) seconds. After existing for thirty seconds, it grows an additional miniature mouth that spits Poison Seeds at enemies, which inflict Poison. After surviving for one minute, it grows another. The sprite provided is shown with both of its mini-mouths.

So that's it for the weapons. However, I have an announcement to make.

To put the finishing touch on @SzGamer227's Post-Mech Hell Expansion, my plan is to fill an Underworld Chest. Four weapons of each class. If things are added the way Sz envisions them, then I have no doubt in my mind that Hell will deserve a biome chest. So I'm not quite done yet!
Edit: Underworld Weapons have already been posted.

Last edited:
Once again, a lovely idea from you. The details are amazing and the sprites go along with the jungle so well. I don't have any criticism to share.

Originality: 3/5. Execution 4/5. Elaboration 5/5. Ideas: 5/5. Artwork: 4/5.

I definitely like the idea of another turret-style minion. I would definitely like to see more of them with unique concepts like that.

Frankly, I can't wait to see what you have planned for the Underworld chest.

Baconfry, I think at this point Re-Logic members should follow you and put your ideas into the game. Your ideas are always top notch and are realistic as well as balanced.
Again, supported (as usual).

Speaking of, does this mean we're doing classless Accessories/utilities for each biome as well, Baconfry?
Uh, maybe... but they aren't quite compatible with the idea I had for implementation, which is centralized around the chests containing weapons from each class. The Phoenix Feather might be a drop from a miniboss.

Uh, maybe... but they aren't quite compatible with the idea I had for implementation, which is centralized around the chests containing weapons from each class. The Phoenix Feather might be a drop from a miniboss.
What about having one Chest in any given world contain one, so each Biome Chest will always contain a Class-oriented weapon, but then have one out of each four for a biome also contain an Accessory? Or, if we go with my special layout for the shrines, they could have a guaranteed appearance in the Biome's own natural shrine (so the Crimson shrine that appears in the Crimson would have the accessory).

So here's what I came up with for the Jungle's alternate biome weapons.

View attachment 3648
Amazon Wrath
80 melee damage
Very fast speed
Strong knockback

Launches a spread of three parasitic seeds, which are strongly affected by gravity. When the seeds hit an enemy, they cling (one seed per enemy), dealing 40 damage every second. Every 5 damage done stores 1 health in the seed, and when 50 health is stored inside, or the enemy is killed, the seed drops off and can be picked up by a player to restore health.

View attachment 3650
Viridian Storm
52 magic damage
Fast speed
Extremely weak knockback
Uses 4 mana

Fires spore clouds. Spore clouds are slightly homing and bounce off surfaces, like the Razorblade Typhoon. Each can hit enemies twice, and has a very large hitbox. However, they have extremely low velocity, even slower than the Water Bolt. This is a blessing in disguise, because spamming these projectiles can make any enclosed space uninhabitable. Spore clouds last for six seconds.

View attachment 3647
Carnivora Staff
30 summon damage

Summons a Carnivorous Plant "turret" at the mouse location. It can be placed on background walls. It has a lifetime of one minute. But keep reading.

When an enemy comes within range of the turret, it opens its jaw and launches a Plantera's Tentacle-esque projectile at it, with a vine attached. Much like the Piranha Gun, it quickly chews its victim into bits. However, it is forced to retract after finishing off its prey.

Whenever it kills an enemy this way, its lifetime is increased by (maximum health of the enemy/50) seconds. After existing for thirty seconds, it grows an additional miniature mouth that spits Poison Seeds at enemies, which inflict Poison. After surviving for one minute, it grows another. The sprite provided is shown with both of its mini-mouths.

So that's it for the weapons. However, I have an announcement to make.

To put the finishing touch on @SzGamer227's Post-Mech Hell Expansion, my plan is to fill an Underworld Chest. Four weapons of each class. If things are added the way Sz envisions them, then I have no doubt in my mind that Hell will deserve a biome chest. So I'm not quite done yet!
The greens and browns on those sprites aren't very "terraria-esque" They could be slightly lighter greens - take a look at the wiki page for jungle spores for inspiration. http://terraria.wiki.gg/Jungle_Spores

You won't be disappointed.

Speaking of, does this mean we're doing classless Accessories/utilities for each biome as well, Baconfry?
I was about to suggest you guys do that to keep your Feather intact. And it would give us 4 more interesting accessories. You guys are awesome...

Back
Top Bottom