• Total voters

DarkWiz17

Spazmatism
The Black Hat is a boss that is summoned by crafting a Super Computer from:

60 pixels
1 dashboard
3 screens
3 speakers

You get the pixels from Pixies, the dashboard is found in the Lizhard Temple, and the speakers are found in the Dungeon. You also have to get the Router from the Chaos Elemental. To summon the boss: place the Router down and (use) the Super Computer. The Router will explode, dealing 100 damage (if you're very close to the Router). Then Black Hat will appear.

Black Hat has a black sweatshirt with dark jeans and has a hood over his head. He moves at a speed like running on asphalt blocks with all possible speed enhancers on.

He attacks you by throwing Viruses at you very quickly, which home and travel about as fast as fast as a worm, and deal 60 damage on contact. The Viruses have a 1/6 chance to Hack you, locking out everything for one second.
Black Hat also deals 300 damage on contact, so you don't want to touch him.
Black Hat can also summon multiples of himself, which act much like the Lunatic Cultist.

Black Hat has 300,000 health, 50 defense, 100% KB Resistance and inflicts the Hack debuff.

His drops:
The Wrecker's Apache
Mount
"Summons an Apache Helicopter to ride. Fly at insane speeds and fire upon enemies!"

White Hat
300 Melee Damage
Insanely Fast Speed
Insane Knockback
"Throws a computer projectile that causes extreme explosions."

Virus Scanner
250 Melee Damage
Very Fast Speed
"Throws Viruses that have a chance to inflict the Hack debuff on your enemies!"

EXPERT MODE DROP:
Phishing Armor

Phishing Helm
60 Defense
Increases Mana by 100 and increases invincibility time by 8 seconds.

Phishing Breastplate
100 Defense
Increases melee damage by 50%.

Phishing Leggings
40 Defense
Increases health by 10 hearts.

SET BONUS: Summons 3 friendly Destroyers to help with fighting. The Destroyers are actually called Firewall and they deal about 250 damage on contact, and completely ignore all defense. The Firewalls instantly spawn and do no damage to the player. They go relatively slow, circling the player, until an enemy is detected in which they would go full speed (faster then the Stardust Dragon) and decimates the enemy. They also cause On-Fire debuff.

Black Hat Trophy
index.php

Credit To: PopUpFreely

Black Hat Mask
A hood that goes over the player's head and darken everything on the face.

SPRITES NEEDED!

Last edited:
Please give me feedback. I know this seems a bit OP but this is late-late-late-late end game and who doesn't want to be over OP?

For an extremely late game boss, the expert mode drops seem still a bit - no, way too overpowered. 200 defence is completely useless when it's already negating damage by 400. If you could also explain how much damage the friendly Destroyers do that'd be pretty cool!

As for the viruses it launches, they can perhaps do more damage and maybe the homing effect can be like a lower homing like the Fireballs from the Lunatic Cultist? I'd also like to know the speed of the boss itself. Is it extremely slow moving, or pretty fast, like EoC?

An brief description of Black Hat's appearance would be nice as well. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it doesn't look like a hat.

You'll also have to explain where to get Pixels, Screens, Speakers and Dashboards, because I'm pretty sure those aren't in the game yet.

It seems pretty cool, but it can use some more fleshing out and balancing. Good luck!

EDIT: Are you referencing Blackhat? Like the movie? I would guess you are as that has some hacking stuff as well.

For an extremely late game boss, the expert mode drops seem still a bit - no, way too overpowered. 200 defence is completely useless when it's already negating damage by 400. If you could also explain how much damage the friendly Destroyers do that'd be pretty cool!

As for the viruses it launches, they can perhaps do more damage and maybe the homing effect can be like a lower homing like the Fireballs from the Lunatic Cultist? I'd also like to know the speed of the boss itself. Is it extremely slow moving, or pretty fast, like EoC?

An brief description of Black Hat's appearance would be nice as well. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that it doesn't look like a hat.

You'll also have to explain where to get Pixels, Screens, Speakers and Dashboards, because I'm pretty sure those aren't in the game yet.

It seems pretty cool, but it can use some more fleshing out and balancing. Good luck!

EDIT: Are you referencing Blackhat? Like the movie? I would guess you are as that has some hacking stuff as well.
I'll work on this tomorrow. I'm not referencing any movie and yes it's all about hacking. Thank you for your feedback; I will work on it.

Please give me feedback. I know this seems a bit OP but this is late-late-late-late end game and who doesn't want to be over OP?

Feel free to comment!!!!!!! Your opinion DOES matter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello @The Ancient Cultist

It is understandable that you want more feedback on your suggestion, however we do not allow bumping of Threads in this manner. Bumping refers to posting on a Thread with little content with the goal of moving it to the top of the Forum Section it's in to make it more visible, as it's unfair to the suggestions of other members.

If another member gives feedback to your suggestion and you post after that to address the feedback, that's certainly fine. It is also fine to bump your threads if you have a significant update to your suggestion, (Things such as new sprites, or changing a feature about your suggestion), but neither of the quoted posts above have content such as this. With that in mind, please do not bump Threads like this in the future.

Reactions: 000
I vote a yes. But, I think he should be harder than the moon lord. (The mount is too OP) And there can be a way to counteract the 'Hacked" buff. Because if it shoots 10 things a second, thats a good chance for you to get 'Hacked'. Also it should look like the Illuminati and it has more attacks. Also, please tell me what you mean by 'locked out of everything'. Like item-wise? Can't use any items?

I vote a yes. But, I think he should be harder than the moon lord. (The mount is too OP) And there can be a way to counteract the 'Hacked" buff. Because if it shoots 10 things a second, thats a good chance for you to get 'Hacked'. Also it should look like the Illuminati and it has more attacks. Also, please tell me what you mean by 'locked out of everything'. Like item-wise? Can't use any items?
1. I should add that the Ankh Charm/Shield blocks the Hacked debuff.
2. This is based on black hat hackers (which mean bad hackers), so making it look like Illuminati seems wierd. Unless you elaborate on that?
3. It should have more attacks.
4. You get locked out of EVERYTHING. You get frozen, but you still stay at the spot you were frozen.
Thanks for your feedback. It makes me realize that this suggestion is worth dirt:) and I need to elaborate. Again, thank you.

Cool! I'd like to see what you can come up with. If you need more information on what things looks like just ask. Just remember that it is all based on hacking.
The thing is I just don't know what you need, or what is being made now. Can you please give me a list and details of the item/block/whatever? I probably will not be able to make armor, as in on the actual character, but I can and will definitely try.

1. I should add that the Ankh Charm/Shield blocks the Hacked debuff.
2. This is based on black hat hackers (which mean bad hackers), so making it look like Illuminati seems wierd. Unless you elaborate on that?
3. It should have more attacks.
4. You get locked out of EVERYTHING. You get frozen, but you still stay at the spot you were frozen.
Thanks for your feedback. It makes me realize that this suggestion is worth dirt:) and I need to elaborate. Again, thank you.
No problem! I didn't know what a black hat was. So thanks for clearing that up for me, and yes. I think it should still be the black hat appearance. I agree with all the things you said on the post above this one.
Question: For the frozen part. It's like the 'Stoned' or 'Frozen' debuff? Where all you can do is go into your inventory but you're unable to move and jump?

No problem! I didn't know what a black hat was. So thanks for clearing that up for me, and yes. I think it should still be the black hat appearance. I agree with all the things you said on the post above this one.
Question: For the frozen part. It's like the 'Stoned' or 'Frozen' debuff? Where all you can do is go into your inventory but you're unable to move and jump?
Okay. This Hacked debuff... It locks out EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't go into your inventory. Can't do anything that is still inside the game. You can still look up stuff on the internet and stuff, but as long as it isn't in-game you're fine.

Okay. This Hacked debuff... It locks out EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't go into your inventory. Can't do anything that is still inside the game. You can still look up stuff on the internet and stuff, but as long as it isn't in-game you're fine.
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Sorry, thanks for clearing that up!

60 pixels
1 dashboard
3 screens
3 speakers
Your suggestion adds 4 new items that serve no purpose other than to craft a boss spawner. All of these items are obtainable post-plantera despite the boss seeming to be post-moonlord.

Phishing Armor

Phishing Helm
60 Defense
Increases Mana by 100 and increases invincibility time by 8 seconds.

Phishing Breastplate
100 Defense
Increases melee damage by 50%.

Phishing Leggings
40 Defense
Increases health by 10 hearts.

This armor is OP as heck. I know its an endgame expert mode drop, but it's pretty ridiculous. 200 Defense plus 10 hearts, plus 100 mana, plus invincibility time by 8 seconds? 8 seconds means that you're basically indestructible. The normal invincibility time is about one second.

Also, in general, the idea of a "hacker" themed boss doesn't really appeal to me. It doesn't fit terraria in any real sense. The way it spawns is kind of unnecessary as well.

Edit : you dont explain what the hack debuff is either

Edit : nvm its basically just the frozen debuff ok

Your suggestion adds 4 new items that serve no purpose other than to craft a boss spawner. All of these items are obtainable post-plantera despite the boss seeming to be post-moonlord.

This armor is OP as heck. I know its an endgame expert mode drop, but it's pretty ridiculous. 200 Defense plus 10 hearts, plus 100 mana, plus invincibility time by 8 seconds? 8 seconds means that you're basically indestructible. The normal invincibility time is about one second.

Also, in general, the idea of a "hacker" themed boss doesn't really appeal to me. It doesn't fit terraria in any real sense. The way it spawns is kind of unnecessary as well.

Edit : you dont explain what the hack debuff is either

Edit : nvm its basically just the frozen debuff ok
First of all, thank you for reading my suggestion. Second of all, this is my first suggestion so it might be crappy. After thorough thought after posting this I realized "hacking" is irrelevant to Terraria. I don't think I'll make anymore suggestions, albeit minor ones.

First of all, thank you for reading my suggestion. Second of all, this is my first suggestion so it might be crappy. After thorough thought after posting this I realized "hacking" is irrelevant to Terraria. I don't think I'll make anymore suggestions, albeit minor ones.
Oh. ok den

my first suggestions were awful btw just saying

Back
Top Bottom