Blocks & Decoration Breaker

Master Geass

Terrarian
The Small breaker would be a 1x1 block in the furniture zone like the timer. When a wire that runs through it gets a pulse it would prevent another pulse from going through it for a moment. This adds a delay on when you can use a wired item again and could be useful for preventing certain builds from getting getting gummed up. It would ether be sold by the Mechanic or crafted with watches. There could be a few variations of it like with the timer.

The Large Breaker would be a little different. It would ether 3 blocks tall or just 2. I could go ether way on making it 1 or 2 wide. Unlike the Small Breaker there is no cool down after a pulse runs through it. Instead it can be toggled on/off, ether by clicking it like a switch or sending a pulse to the bottom blocks. When the switch is up it does nothing. When the switch is down it won't allow a pulse to travel through the top blocks.

My reson for making the Large Breaker 3 tall is so that the wire that toggles it on/off won't join with the wire it could be blocking, even if they are the same color. Still if it is 2x2 I can see a way of getting around that if you have to use the same color. Have one wire at a right angle go through the upper right conner and the other wire in the lower left conner.

The Large Breaker could also be sold by the Mechanic or crafted with switches. I was thinking the top blocks would be a different color then the rest of it to show where to put the wire, or maybe just have something show up when holding a wire object.

Last edited:
The small breaker at least. I was thinking about the large ones having a switch you could click to toggle them. Still they would be able to toggle with wire at the lowest block.

The Large Breaker is basically like a real-life circuit breaker; i.e. when off, nothing can get through it? And the Small Breaker is basically a timer that can turn itself off? (Just making sure I understand.)

Sounds useful! :)

The Large Breaker is basically like a real-life circuit breaker; i.e. when off, nothing can get through it? And the Small Breaker is basically a timer that can turn itself off? (Just making sure I understand.)

Sounds useful! :)
Yes, that's how the big one works. The small one is basically a circuit breaker with a built in timer to open it up again. It's to prevent you from using the same switch right away. I made it 1x1 as it didn't need to be any bigger then that.

Back
Top Bottom