Other Bring back the old NPC death messages!

What messages do YOU want?

• Total voters

gardenapple

Steampunker
You know the little messages that pop up when an NPC dies, right? Usually it's something along the lines of "Jake has died!"

Now, if you've played Terraria before 1.2, you probably know that the death messages for NPCs used to be more specific, e.g. "Jake the Guide has died!" This was more convenient, because most of the time it's hard to memorize every single NPC's name in your town. (who is Jake anyway?)

My suggestion is to bring those old messages back. Another option is to make them resemble player death messages (e.g. "Jake the Guide tried to swim in lava") or make completely unique messages for each NPC ("Jake the Guide forgot to close the door again" or something).

Let me know if it's a good suggestion or not. Also, I'm sorry if you're sick of Jake the Guide at this point.

You know the little messages that pop up when an NPC dies, right? Usually it's something along the lines of "Jake has died!"

Now, if you've played Terraria before 1.2, you probably know that the death messages for NPCs used to be more specific, e.g. "Jake the Guide has died!" This was more convenient, because most of the time it's hard to memorize every single NPC's name in your town. (who is Jake anyway?)

My suggestion is to bring those old messages back. Another option is to make them resemble player death messages (e.g. "Jake the Guide tried to swom in lava") or give completely unique messages for each NPC ("Jake the Guide forgot to close the door again" or something, can't come up with any more jokes).

Let me know if it's a good suggestion or not. Also, I'm sorry if you're sick of Jake the Guide at this point.

*Sigh* There's only one thing I can say to this, and I'm sorry;
HELL YES!

Let me see. Is this a good idea? I do believe so.

Yeah, this would be great. Unique or player style would be awesome.

My suggestion is to bring those old messages back. Another option is to make them resemble player death messages (e.g. "Jake the Guide tried to swim in lava") or make completely unique messages for each NPC ("Jake the Guide forgot to close the door again" or something).

I would like to know which NPC it was that died & how they died because, a lot of times it just gives a random name and is like "Robert has left." and everyone is like who is that!?

From memory, I can remember my mechanic is Kayla, Fikod is my demolitionist, Sugar the party girl, Celestia the dryad, and that's it. It's especially annoying as I add a gravestone to a graveyard every time one of my NPCs die on it, and if they die in an event of some sort or if I'm in singleplayer, I have to quickly memorize which NPC died as to not forget them, and even then I usually can't remember their profession unless it's a fairly unique name.

Support.

Also, maybe have a way of marking every single NPC that has died in that world.

"Did the guide die?"
"I don't know, what was his name?"
"How am I supposed to know that?"

Yes, that is an actual conversation I had before. I support this with all my might.

I support this too, I can't even remember a single name, except thta maybe my Dryad's name starts with an E. When it simply says "[name] was slain," and you have houses in different areas, you can't really know who died unless no NPC has died in a LLOOONNNGG time or you have photographic memory. I give my 200% support.
I have a few 'unique' ideas;
"[name of mechanic] the mechanic had their pressure plate stepped on." - reference to a quote by the Mechanic
"[name of wizard] the wizard fell on his ice rod."
"[name of angler] the angler went back to sleep on the beach."
"[name of stylist] the stylist was eaten by spiders."
"[name of tinkerer] the Goblin Tinkerer was reclaimed by the goblins"
"[name of demolitionist] the demolitionist misplaced a landmine"

Anyway, love the idea!

Back
Top Bottom