Items Clentaminator Solutions for Complete Biome Terraformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
Never mind this tread, Snickerbobble has a much more elegant and better executed suggestion here:
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/sprites-solutions-for-solutions.17347/

Every accomplished player in Terraria knows of the awesome power of the Clentaminator. So what about making it even more powerful? I would like to propose new types of Solution which can be used to completely convert the type of terrain an area is made of, and grow grass (when Solution is appropriate) on tiles exposed to the air above 0ft elevation. They are all sold by the Steampunker when underground.

These special solutions wouldn't produce the same long, thing stream that the existing ones do. Instead, it sprays a stream about 2/5 as long, and sprays in a narrow cone instead of a straight line. This is to make the complete conversion of a biome much easier to control, and makes it possible to convert small areas into a certain biome rather than being forced to convert an area the size of your screen.

Light Brown solutions: Convert Mud and Snow into Dirt, Ice into Stone, and Slush into Silt.
  • Light Brown and Green Solution - Also spreads Purity.
    • Sold underground when no other terrain solution is being sold.
  • Light Brown and Purple Solution - Also spreads the Corruption.
    • Sold underground during a Blood Moon or Soar Eclipse. (Corruption worlds only.)
  • Light Brown and Red Solution - Also spreads the Crimson.
    • Sold underground during a Blood Moon or Soar Eclipse. (Crimson worlds only.)
  • Light Brown and Blue Solution - Also spreads the Hallow.
    • Sold underground in the Hallow.
Brown solutions: Convert Dirt and Snow into Mud, Ice into Stone, Slush into Silt. Also purify Stone.
  • Brown and Green Solution - Also spreads Jungle Grass.
    • Sold underground in the Jungle.
  • Brown and Blue Solution - Also spreads Mushroom Grass.
    • Sold underground in a Mushroom biome.
White Solution: Converts dirt and mud into snow, Stone into Ice, and Silt into Slush. This includes converting Ebonstone into Purple Ice, Crimstone into Red Ice, and Pearlstone into Pink Ice. Sold underground in the Snow biome, and can be combined with basic solutions to spread a specific type of biome.
  • White and Green Solution - Also spreads Purity.
    • Crafted with White Solution and Green Solution.
  • White and Purple Solution - Also spreads the Corruption.
    • Crafted with White Solution and Purple Solution.
  • White and Red Solution - Also spreads the Crimson.
    • Crafted with White Solution and Red Solution.
  • White and Blue Solution - Also spreads the Hallow.
    • Crafted with White Solution and Blue Solution.

Last edited:
Brown Solution? Boy, that sure will look... Interesting. But yeah, need more clentaminator. Need more Deus Ex Machina as far as remaking your worlds is concerned.

Sounds good to me.
Except that we also need Yellow Solution that turns Dirt, Mud, Snow, Stone, Ice, Silt and Slush into Sand (of the respective biome).
...Yeah, should be used with care, especially in caves.

Sounds good to me.
Except that we also need Yellow Solution that turns Dirt, Mud, Snow, Stone, Ice, Silt and Slush into Sand (of the respective biome).
...Yeah, should be used with care, especially in caves.
I think that would be disastrous at this point in time.

If Deserts become full-biomes in the future and they get, I don't know, Sandstone or something, then I can see that as a possibility.

Yellow Solution, though... that's almost as bad as Golden Shower. XP I'm thinking more along the lines of Beige Solution.

You've got a lot of solutions here, and I think you're over-complicating things. These could be done with just two new solutions: Jungle and Snow.

Light Brown and Green Solution, Light Brown and Purple Solution, Light Brown and Red Solution, and Light Brown and Blue Solution- These could just be the solutions we have currently, minus Dark Blue. These grass types don't grow on mud so they should (if they don't already) transform mud into dirt.

Brown and Green Solution and Brown and Blue Solution- Same as above, these two biomes can't grow on dirt so they should transform dirt into mud. Jungle Solution could be called Lime or something to differentiate it from the purity's solution.

White and Green Solution, White and Purple Solution, White and Red Solution, and White and Blue Solution- I do see the issue here, though I think it would be easier to only have a White Solution by itself and have the player do a second spray for the different infections/lack of infection. I remember you had a clentaminator filter thread. How about instead of a white solution, have a special accessory for snow? When equipped, using red solution on pearlstone would convert it to red ice, for example.

You're proposing 11 new solutions here when only 2 (or 1 with the snow solution accessory) would be enough, I think. If the same thing can be done by keeping it simple, then simple should be the way to go. The long names are kind of confusing and it's not exactly fun having to move NPCs around a lot to buy the different kinds.

Light Brown and Green Solution, Light Brown and Purple Solution, Light Brown and Red Solution, and Light Brown and Blue Solution- These could just be the solutions we have currently, minus Dark Blue. These grass types don't grow on mud so they should (if they don't already) transform mud into dirt.

Brown and Green Solution and Brown and Blue Solution- Same as above, these two biomes can't grow on dirt so they should transform dirt into mud. Jungle Solution could be called Lime or something to differentiate it from the purity's solution.
What would you do if you wanted to change a specific dirt biome into another one without destroying a neighboring mud biome? You wouldn't be able to repel, say, the Corruption from a surface Mushroom zone by planting Hallow without destroying part of the Mushroom area, and then you wouldn't be able to restore the surface Mushroom area to its former state, and would have to use big wide sloppy Clentaminator strokes to sort of put it back, or else having to go through extremely tedious measures to craft Dirt into Mud and replant Mushroom Grass Seeds.

There's also the problem of Jungle and Forest Purity both being converted with Green Solution.
White and Green Solution, White and Purple Solution, White and Red Solution, and White and Blue Solution- I do see the issue here, though I think it would be easier to only have a White Solution by itself and have the player do a second spray for the different infections/lack of infection. I remember you had a clentaminator filter thread. How about instead of a white solution, have a special accessory for snow? When equipped, using red solution on pearlstone would convert it to red ice, for example.
The White Solution can act on its own, it just comes with the additional option of combining it with others so that you can convert in one step, and convert with precision so that you don't end up with regions where dirt was converted into snow but the biome wasn't (or vise versa). An accessory would be a possibility, but with the necessity of the separate solutions above (as I have explained), it would be more consistent to give it its own solution.

Last edited:
What if pure solutions use the standard long and thin spraying pattern and composite ones the more "shotgunny" one? That way you can both spraying two pure solutions one after another usefull and spraying just a single one.

Honestly I really think the game needs this, for an item that costs 2 platinum, while it's a big help, it's just not versatile enough. This is what it needs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom