Weapons & Equip Megalodon - Upgraded Megashark

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
The megashark is perhaps one of my favorite weapons in the game for it's tier. It is very accurate, fires quickly, and is generally a great weapon.

But theres one problem.

The weapon becomes nearly useless post-planters, and until you defeat the moon lord, there is no weapon like it.

Here are the 5 post-planters pre-pillar guns.

Tactical_Shotgun.png
Tactical Shotgun
- Slow
- Good Damage
- Inaccurate
- Autofires

Chain_Gun.png
Chaingun
- Very Fast
- Decent Damage
- Inaccurate
- Autofires

Venus_Magnum.png
Venus Magnum
- Decent Damage
- Fast
- Accurate
-Doesn't Autofire

Sniper_Rifle.png
Sniper Rifle
- High Damage
- Very Slow
- Accurate
-Doesn't Autofire

Xenopopper.png
Xenopopper
- Decent Damage
- Very Slow
- Accurate
-Autofires

Not one of them is like the megashark, which is fast, has good damage, and is accurate.

So I have devised a new weapon that is a direct upgrade to the megashark.

I call it...

Colossoshark.png
qVaNNKW.png
(better sprite by @Kooyah
(not actually just a recolor, I changed the sprite quite a bit)
The Megalodon
38 Damage
1 Knockback
8% Critical Chance
5 Use time
7 Velocity
'Minishark's and Megashark's father'
66% Chance not to consume ammo

This weapon, in my opinion, will help greatly with most rangers. The gun is extremely accurate, even more so than the megashark, allowing it to be effective enough to not require chlorophyte bullets like the 5 other post-planters guns. (which, by the way, should make 200 bullets instead of 70)

Megashark.png
x1
Soul_of_Sight.gif
x30
Shroomite_Bar.png
x25
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
x1
@ an Autohammer

So hopefully this is a fairly balanced idea. I believe it is, but I'm no expert on balancing.​

Last edited:
Seems to be a good idea and there IS a gap post-Plantera and before-Golem.

I just think that two
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
is a little pointless, but not sure why.

Venus_Magnum.png
Venus Magnum
- Decent Damage
- Slow
- Accurate
It's not slow, it's as fast as Megashark.

The downside is that it can's autofire and needs some skill.

Xenopopper.png
Xenopopper
- Decent Damage
- Very Slow
- Inaccurate

It's accurate, but needs the cursor's location to guide.

Seems to be a good idea and there IS a gap post-Plantera and before-Golem.

I just think that two
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
is a little pointless, but not sure why.

It's not slow, it's as fast as Megashark.

The downside is that it can's autofire and needs some skill.

It's accurate, but needs the cursor's location to guide.

Thanks for the info. Changed. :)

Why does everyone like sharks? Let's have another mammal gun, because the SDMG is lonely.
I know an orca gun has been suggested before. Why not add onto that idea?

Aesthetics aside, it's a very good suggestion. However, it doesn't actually have much practical use in the way of game progression. Maybe all of the post-Plantera guns aren't very similar to the Megashark, but that's not an issue. It's nice to work with different types.

Why does everyone like sharks? Let's have another mammal gun, because the SDMG is lonely.
And now here is my question: Why all of those have to be animalguns? People, make something normal. We have enough fishguns (4 if counting S.D.M.G.).
Maybe penetrator, or potato gun (nothing against @XiaoThePotato)?
No, no, no, it's not that I don't like this idea. It's good, just saying.
Also, Giantshark could be better name, but that's only my opinion; I don't demand anything.

And now here is my question: Why all of those have to be animalguns? People, make something normal. We have enough fishguns (4 if counting S.D.M.G.).
Also, Giantshark could be better name, but that's only my opinion; I don't demand anything.
Aren't there only 3 fishguns?
Mini and Megashark, and S.D.M.G.

Also dolphins aren't fish har har har.

Potato gun? THat's not offensive at all, quite the contrary, actually. I'd love to be a form of ammo.

Aren't there only 3 fishguns?
Mini and Megashark, and S.D.M.G.

Also dolphins aren't fish har har har.
Toxikarp as well. If I'm right, there was also 5th fishgun, though I'm not sure - I just don't remember it. Maybe it was Crystal Serpent, though it's magic.
Maybe Gatligator(I know an alligator is not a fish) and Piranha Gun(though do not consuming ammon but technically a gun).

Aesthetics aside, it's a very good suggestion. However, it doesn't actually have much practical use in the way of game progression. Maybe all of the post-Plantera guns aren't very similar to the Megashark, but that's not an issue. It's nice to work with different types.

I think it has plenty of practical use in game progression. The gun is for people who like fast, accurate weapons that do modest damage. Like me. :L

But... It's only for the people who like it. There's really no other reason for it to be there besides "because why not?", and that's a pretty transparent reason.

But... It's only for the people who like it. There's really no other reason for it to be there besides "because why not?", and that's a pretty transparent reason.
Well, Terraria is more than full of such weapons. Do I have to mention Toxikarp, Bladetongue and Crystal Serpent? Or even Yoyos, which were in fact not needed (but are nice addition)? Not to mention that most weapons in Terraria are "only for people who like it", not optimized in a way so that everyone will like it for their own reason. But that's exactly why there are so much weapons - because there is no "weapon for all" (besides LP... but that's just overpowered devs half-joke), there are many for everyone to find their favourite.
Yes, LP is a joke. Not in a way other Joke weapons in the game - like S.D.M.G. or damned Celebration, though. The joke is that it's OP, and is not going to be balanced. Just like saying "Mages are best, f**k You other classes".

Last edited:
Well, a couple of patch before - pre 1.3 - I would have said this: "Hell, we already have too many sharks."
Now I'm pretty much like: "Make this shark thingy have the exact same stats - or better - as the S.D.M.G. and just replace the damn dolphin. Hell I'm sick of fishguns, but at least sharks are sharks."
Of course, I still don't like the idea of another damn animalgun, but I'd prefer any kind of animal in place of the damn dolphin.

Now that I think about it, okay, I can see the pattern, animal guns are forced down our throat, animal guns are part of the Terrarian traditions, but why can't we have an awesome animal gun?
Tigerclaw Launcher? Grizzlygun? Mega Sharktopus? Vampiricbatbow!? Manticore Missiles? Draconic Arcrifle? Kitten Twinpistols?

Anyways, what I like about this topic is, that the Colossoshark sprite looks awesome!
In comparison, it looks way better than the original Megashark sprite.
So, truly a nice job at the sprite. I'd like to see an actual badass looking fishgun after all the - five - bad looking ones.

The megashark is perhaps one of my favorite weapons in the game for it's tier. It is very accurate, fires quickly, and is generally a great weapon.

But theres one problem.

The weapon becomes nearly useless post-planters, and until you defeat the moon lord, there is no weapon like it.

Here are the 5 post-planters pre-pillar guns.

Tactical_Shotgun.png
Tactical Shotgun
- Slow
- Good Damage
- Inaccurate
- Autofires

Chain_Gun.png
Chaingun
- Very Fast
- Decent Damage
- Inaccurate
- Autofires

Venus_Magnum.png
Venus Magnum
- Decent Damage
- Fast
- Accurate
-Doesn't Autofire

Sniper_Rifle.png
Sniper Rifle
- High Damage
- Very Slow
- Accurate
-Doesn't Autofire

Xenopopper.png
Xenopopper
- Decent Damage
- Very Slow
- Accurate
-Autofires

Not one of them is like the megashark, which is fast, has good damage, and is accurate.

So I have devised a new weapon that is a direct upgrade to the megashark.

I call it...

View attachment 74661 (not actually just a recolor, I changed the sprite quite a bit)
The Colossoshark
38 Damage
1 Knockback
8% Critical Chance
5 Use time
7 Velocity
'Minishark's and Megashark's father'
66% Chance not to consume ammo

This weapon, in my opinion, will help greatly with most rangers. The gun is extremely accurate, even more so than the megashark, allowing it to be effective enough to not require chlorophyte bullets like the 5 other post-planters guns. (which, by the way, should make 200 bullets instead of 70)

Megashark.png
x1
Soul_of_Sight.gif
x30
Shroomite_Bar.png
x25
Illegal_Gun_Parts.png
x1
@ an Autohammer

So hopefully this is a fairly balanced idea. I believe it is, but I'm no expert on balancing.​
This is awesome because I feel that Souls of Light are essentially useless for the Ranger class. I don't think souls should be dedicated to one class. I believe they should cater all. Usually I would not support more *sharks, but this one is particularly interesting...

Wow your ideas man there is so many not saying they are bad but this one... i .... LOVE IT and maybe to cut it there make this:
*Epic drumroll...*
The Megalodon the crafting recipe is the collosushark vortex beater sdmg and xenopopper
The shots will fire insanely fast it would shoot a little bit like xenopopper and make the sdmg sound and wehen it hits enemys it would make the vortexbeatr explosion (rarely)
it will do 90 base damage and yes this is op why do you think i called it the megalodon? yeah because its the end- end- game

Back
Top Bottom