Items Combination Items, Reforging Items, and other things (Hardmode Electronics, Mecha Loot, Tools)

Items I'd like to see combined are the Frostspark Boots and Lava Waders, maybe also the Flippers? For the Ultimate Footwear for every purpose.

Also, Magic Weapons could have some special mods the Wizard can put on them, separate from the Goblin's, such as altering effects, such as transforming the Ice rod into a Fire Rod which spawns a Burning Block, a damaging block (to vulnerable Players and Enemies) of fiery material, similar to a Fireball that floats where it is placed and eventually burns out and dissipates, and shooting water or honey with it will turn it into lava.

Also, Reforging shouldn't be random, there should be a flat price to Reforge to a certain Mod, or purchases them.
Or...have it where you buy Mods from the Goblin, and you can THEN apply them to your equipment. The mods he has available are random, and certain ones become available after certain criteria are met. Such as Tinkerer's Quests.

Radio Towers, Engines/Generators, Security Systems, Wi-Fi-, and Satellites

Some more uses for the likes of Cyborg, Steampunker, and Mechanic.
In Hardmode, after defeating Mecha Bosses, you can bring some Loot from them (such as Mechanical Parts, Cores, Souls, etc.) in doing so they will use that tech and begin creating new tech for you.
The steampunker will create some steampunk style Steam-Powered Generators, which can be used as Timers, multiple times to multiple wires, thus generating power to anything connected to it, and set to any time, they are about the size of Workbenches, and can be set on flat surfaces like platforms and blocks, but not tables.

The mechanic will sell Radio Towers/Receivers. Towers can be erected and will transmit within a set block range, to set frequencies. Receivers will receive signals of set frequencies, and power whatever they are connected to. Thus having "wireless wires" The Tower's frequency can be set however you wish, and the Receiver can be set to receive that signal on that frequency.

You can therefore have multiple towers on multiple frequencies doing multiple things, independent of each other with very little wire (only the wire used to connect receivers to their designated duties, such as traps or whatever)

Security Systems
Cyborg will begin selling enhanced versions of pressure plates and actuators, The pressure plates are holograms that shimmer in a beam of light, these lights can be changed to be set to Anything (Player and Enemies) (Enemies) or just the (Player) Passing through the hologram light will trigger. the light can shine as large as possible, by placing the Projectors.
A projector can be placed at the bottom and top of a structure to set the entire side on one Trigger.

The projectors can be set also to be horizontal, and combined to create one field.

The Cyborg will also sell an upgrade to the Radio Tower, a Satellite.

The Satellite works the same but can be placed in mid-air and will broadcast to anything in the world set to that channel. However the Signal is weaker below 0 Depth. and things like Hot Spots and Wi-Fi Hubs must be installed to boost the signal the further down you go.

I will have more soon

Another thing I'd like is something for Clentaminator, and Upgrade for Infinite Solution.

Perhaps a Golden Clentaminator would not use up solution??

Last edited:
Some ideas on how NPCs interact with each other, and their environment, how they collaborate, and inspire one another....

The Painter will sell portraits and other paintings of NPCs as the move in, will paint large paintings to celebrate defeating bosses, surviving events, and so on.
Can pose for Painter and have a painting made of your current Armour/Accessory/Mount/Dyes (pretty much what your character currently looks like)

Cyborg moves in.
will begin selling Chrome, Neon, and Silicon paint which creates circuitry patterns, neon glows, and a nice cyberpunk feel for paining Cyborg's house
Mechanic will sell some cyberpunk-inspired tools, and things like a circuitboard, which is a wall-plate like tool that allows Wires to be Labelled and named.
PIrate will also sell a Cyber Cannon, which is like a Laser Beam cannon, which uses Laser Charges as ammo.

In snow biomes Party Girl will sell Snow Blower, which is like a Clentaminator combined with an Antilion, creating snow, creates snow blocks when the snowball hits something.
Starts off with Fake Snow which is basically White Silt or something, can be upgraded with actual ice and snow blocks so that it creates actual Snow Blocks and Ice blocks (change out the "cartridges" by switching the ammo, so whichever one you want to use is in the right most ammo/inventory slot)

RrTjg3X.png

Introducing Hard Mode Environment Mining Suit !
Has the same abilities as Neptune Shell/Arctic Diving Gear (Sea-light (increased visibility in water) unlimited underwater breathing, Swimming, Ice stability, Chilled Immunity) Lava Waders (Allows Water Walking, Lava Walking)
Allows Unlimited Lava Immunity, Lava swimming.
Has the buff of wearing full Mining Armor including the light. Vastly increased mining Speed, Hammer speed, Ax Speed
DEF of 48
In water movement is aided by little jet effects. Similar to rocket boots. or wearing a Jetpack.
Immunity to Fire and Ice.

Each piece has light buff
Walking and swimming perks are tied to the boots. (15% mining speed)
Chest piece has the most armour and immunities (15% Mining speed)
Helmet has the breathability buffs

@MitBoy
What do you think about this? :)

Last edited:
Reforge Restructure.
Instead of a Prefix Editing multiple stats, buying mods will change the stat of one thing.
Legendary/Unreal/Mythical etc. Is a Prefix that is created when a weapon has a mod for each stat/Maximum Potential

Wizard sells Mods/Reforge for Magical Items and Enchantments for weapons which use magic to alter properties of things
WItch Doctor sells Summoner gear/mods,and Enrichments (basically Enchantments) for weapons
Arms Dealer sells Mods/Reforge for Guns
Cyborg sells mods for Rocket Launchers and whatnot.
Goblin Tinkerer sells random mods for all weapons including Strange Mods that have odd effects.
Demolitionist sells mods for explosives, similar to Cyborg, and can sell some of the same things regarding Rockets, Bombs, Grenades etc.

Investments and Missions To Increase Inventory.
Demolitionist
----------------------
- Craft 100 Sticky Bombs and give them to him and he will begin selling them.
-Using explosives to accomplish certain tasks like defeating enemies or clearing blocks will get you rewards such as:
Bomb Statues, Demo will start selling Bomb Statues. Including Normal, Gold, Slimed, and Platinum.
Normal is the Normal Statue
Gold Bomb Statue: produce Gold Bombs, Which cause more damage and can blow up larger area (Less than Dynamite but more than Normal Bombs.
Slimed: Sticky Bombs
'I blew up a Slime near one of my statues and now all the bombs that it makes are Sticky bombs! '
Platinum: Produces Platinum Bombs, Which are an upgrade of Gold Bombs, Same Blast Radius, but 1 Platinum Bomb will explode, then produce to more Platinum Bombs which will also explode. Like a clusterbomb.

Slimed Statues can be combined with the others to create Sticky Gold and Platinum bombs.

- Gunpowder Barrel
A Barrel that is poured along a path and can be lit to set off an explosion.

-Jerry Can
Can of gasoline, similar to GP Barrel. But can also be poured like a bucket/liquid. Creating a pit of gasoline that can be set on fire and creates a burning pit trap.
Will eventually burn out, floats on water

- Oil Barrel
The upgrade of Jerry Can, the burning oil lasts longer than burning gas, Oil fire does more damage to enemies.

-Fuse Pack
Basically Wire you can burn that can go anywhere it is placed, comes in various types, such as Quick Match, Slow Match, and Waterproofing.

- Red Barrel
A very flammable, very volatile Barrel that can be placed and ignited to create a fire explosion (won't destroy blocks)

-TNT Crate
Like Red barrel but basically used for mining. Crafting recipe unlocked after a mission, and is made from 20 Dynamite and 10 wood.
Is also sold after unclocked.
Causes a large explosion, and destroys many blocks.

- Dynamite Statues
Dynamite versions of the Bomb Statues.
Normal, Slimed, and the Cluster Dynamite (there is no version than causes bigger explosions)

WIzard
----------------
- 100 Fallen Star collection mission, begins selling Fallen Stars.
- Sells Mana Star Statues
- Will randomly carry and sell Potion Ingredients, changes every couple of days.
- At a certain point you will also take missions where you use Experiemental Strange Potions which will have Strange Effects. Buffs and Debuffs.
one will turn you into a Toad, the Wizard will be extremely apologetic and start trying to work on a cure however someone may be available to help sooner ... which then brings you to...

Witch Doctor and Dryad
-------------------------------------
- their missions are usually related to each other.
- Talking to the Witch Doctor in Toad Form will being missions to Turn Back.
- After doing so the Dryad will offer to teach you to connect with nature, which starts missions which lead to unlocking Druid Class Items.
- Will be gifted/starts selling Items that transform you into different Critters, allowing you to play as different ones.
- Witch Doctor will teach you how to transform into Enemy Mobs, such as zombies and such.
- You learn this Transformation magic and at the end you unlock the ability to turn Enemies into different Enemies or Critters.
- Turning enemies will affect their drops (obviously) Turning enemies into Critters counts as defeating them, and they will drop whatever they would normally when they transform.

Another thing I'd like is something for Clentaminator, and Upgrade for Infinite Solution.

Perhaps a Golden Clentaminator would not use up solution??

I could agree with the Golden Clentaminator, but the crafting recipe or price would have to be ridiculously hard or high.

As for the Infinite Solution.. What is the infinite solution?

I found Solutions Mod which is pretty much what I wanted.
Has a lot of features that expand on Clentaminator. Infinite solutions are crafted by combining large stacks of a solution. Similar to the Endless Quiver

This seems like a realy good suggestion! The wizard, dryad and and witch doctor quests would really add a great RPG feel to terraia, I'm surprised this isn't a mod yet!

P.s the environment mining gear looks epic!

noice stuff you got here mate
Thank you :)
I know this stuff is old and from before i started playing on PC with mods and a few of these ideas have since been achieved by others (e.g. Solutions Mod, which is fantastic)

I would still like to make the Environment suit one day, and have a small quality of life mod with non-combat gear (since most mods already add a bunch of weapons and combat armour)

It always bothered me that there is no real hardmode version for the mining set, and getting killed in caverns by hardmode enemies isn't fun.
the suit isn't really made for combat but can keep players mobile and overall safe from environment dangers, can take some hits from enemies.
and maybe have an upgrade tree and introduce gadgets to help with overall navigation and building.

this thread is just an old brainstorming thread i had
i have some newer ideas that i haven't posted.

as an idea is mining set getting upgraded further and further on
let's say that the actual mining set can already be irrelevant at the point of molten pickaxe
and maybe there was a soil devourer out of demonic items
get yourself a molten digger set to not get burned by lava!
and further it will be a tough excavator set out of adamantium
and organic picker is out of chlorophite
as a last one is world eater set out of luminite bars

of course all of them require the mining gear

i like the idea of the the different paths
maybe a tree with branches as far as different upgrade paths

eventually leading to a final merged set

Back
Top Bottom