Weapons & Equip Command Scrolls! (Summoner weapons)

DJFlare84

Mechanic
So, right now Summoning feels pretty lacking. Minions are pretty cool but you can't rely on them entirely like the other classes can on their specific weapon type. That's where "Command Scrolls" come in!

A command scroll has a special command written on it that the Summoner can use to command his minions. When the scroll is used, the minions perform the command. The scroll will have an additional "Summon Damage" value that shows how powerful the attack is. This damage is stacked on top of the minion's normal damage and is buffed by your armor and accessories. Scrolls will also have cooldowns and may cost mana to use.

Some examples include...

~CHARGE SCROLL~
Applicable Minions: Any non-stationary minion.
Function: When used, available minions will rocket towards the point indicated by the cursor as a melee attack (summon damage).

~FIRE SCROLL~
Applicable Minions: Any with a ranged attack.
Function: Commands available minions to fire an extra shot in the direction of the cursor.

~ROAR SCROLL~
Applicable Minions: Any/All
Function: Commands available minions to emit an AOE roar around it, which slightly damages enemies and causes CONFUSION.

~GATHER SCROLL~
Function: Places a marker at the target location (can be placed in mid-air). Minions will gather here and attempt to remain in this location as much as possible. Marker has no time limit. Click on the marker again to remove it. If you move too far away from the marker, it is automatically removed.

~TAUNT SCROLL~
Applicable Minions: Any/All
Function: Commands the minions to shout, which forces all mobs on screen to focus aggro on them.

~DISTRACT SCROLL~
Obtained by: Combine Taunt and Gather + hardmode materials.
Function: Combination of Gather and Taunt. Sets a marker minions will gather at. Every few seconds they will taunt while at the target location. Marker uses same mechanics and rules as Gather.

~VIPER STRIKE SCROLL-
Obtained by: Combine Roar and Charge + hardmode materials.
Applicable minions: Any non-stationary minion.
Function: Causes minions to CHARGE at the target location quickly while emitting a constant ROAR around them for the duration of the attack to inflict targets with CONFUSION. The charge is very quick and whip-like, with the minions returning immediately to the user's side.

~DRAGON'S ROAR SCROLL~
Obtained by: Combine Roar and Fire + hardmode materials.
Applicable Minions: Any with a ranged attack.
Function: Fires a shot towards the cursor with constant AOE roar effect around the projectile.

Last edited:
Sounds neat. I love summoners and adding to their lacking content would be amazing, especially in this fashion. Great ideas, very original and well developed and expressed. Awesome formatting, too.

Sounds neat. I love summoners and adding to their lacking content would be amazing, especially in this fashion. Great ideas, very original and well developed and expressed. Awesome formatting, too.
Thanks. I feel like it's a bit sad that the Summoner is the only class without a real "primary weapon" to rely on. Instead he has summoning supports, and then relies on other weapons as his primary source of damage. If this idea gets implemented, the summoner class will finally have the ability to fight using ONLY summoning-type weapons. These might even make the summoner viable in PvP! I'm not sure by how much but at least you can make your minions do command-attacks!

This suggestion is great, although the taunt will not work as minions don't take damage and are always around you.

Unless, place a marker above a trap, taunt, enjoy the fireworks.

This suggestion is great, although the taunt will not work as minions don't take damage and are always around you.

Unless, place a marker above a trap, taunt, enjoy the fireworks.
Yeah, the idea was for Taunt to be used in combination with Gather, although not all minions hang around you (Frost Hydra/Spider Queen?). And yes, there is a lot of potential for how a Taunt/Gather combo could be used.

OHP. Forgot to mention I added some examples of Hardmode Scrolls a while back.

I also updated Gather to be more precise in how it works.

Back
Top Bottom