Console Update Live Aug 26, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

505Games

Publisher/Developer
Staff member
505 Games
Good day, Terrarians!

We’re pleased to announce that the next update on PlayStation and Xbox consoles is due for release on the morning of Friday August 26. We’ve been sat on approved patches for some of the versions for a couple of weeks now, but we wanted to line them all up to release on the same day to avoid the unintentionally-long date split seen in the previous update. As previously mentioned, this update’s main purpose is to close off a few irritating bugs and make some quality of life improvements. Some highlights:

• Various edge-case crash bugs fixed
  • Stability in multiplayer games improved
  • No more crashes when renaming chests; chests function correctly in network games
  • Slimer achievement now unlocks
  • Rebought items can be reforged
  • Many fishing issues fixed
  • New levers actuate correctly
  • Spectre set bonus working correctly
  • Dragon, Spectral and Titan armour now craftable with Titanium
  • Tizona, Tonbogiri and Vulcan Repeater now craftable with Titanium
  • Elf Archer no longer immune to cannonball fire
  • Flairon, Sharknado glitches resolved
  • No longer autobuy first item from a Merchant
  • Items no longer auto-equip when you don’t expect it

Please remember that this stability update is planned to be the last update on Xbox 360, PS3 and PS Vita. We regret that this will disappoint some of you, but it’s a necessary step to be able to unlock the full potential of console Terraria and not be held back by the older hardware. There will be a long wait for the next update on PS4 and Xbox One as we work hard on delivering the full 1.3 update early next year. Old gen players can look forward to attractive upgrade offers to join us in 1.3 on new gen – we look forward to seeing you there. In the meantime, old gen platforms will continue to be playable online and off, they just won’t receive new content or be able to cross play with current gen consoles. Nintendo players: we’ve not forgotten you! Expect an announcement on the next updates on Wii U and 3DS soon – today we’re only talking about PlayStation and Xbox, but rest assured there is good news coming imminently there. Not only will Wii U be fully caught up with the other console versions, but we’ll be confirming one of the most requested features is coming to 3DS. Thank you for your continued support, and we’ll be checking in on TCF to answer any questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of the old gen here... iPad 2 has finally fallen out of the list of supported apple products. So long Terraria! I'll see you later down the line once I have a better iPad. For now I think the better solution would be to find out how to transfer worlds & characters so I have a backup on my phone. Sayonara Terraria

Seems like this update was released a month earlier than initially scheduled! I'm glad the arrival of the parting gift wasn't delayed, let's hope the users will find the contents up to their standards as well!
So after this update will ps4 still be able to play with vita and PS3 ?

According to this thread, yes. Once the new, current gen only update hits, however, it will no longer be possible. Estimated timeframe for that is Q2 2017, however, so enjoy it while you still can! :)

This is not farewell, Old gen! Though you are left behind on updates, you are still an awesome part of the community, and you can still contribute with amazing builds, insights and tips about the game! Don't let a lack of future updates stop you - when the PC version was thought to have no more updates, the community still thrived.

You shall live on!

Wait... It doesn't mention that you can't use items in minecarts has been fixed?!
Also great news on it being a month early!
Also bad news that it seems our cries for 1 or 2 , 1.3 items/things have been ignored.

I think possessed hatchet should be autoswing since this is the last update we will be getting I'd say about 5 or so things from 1.3. Any with me

What about invasions happening near by npcs? (Not just the middle of the map)
Don't get me wrong, I love the fixes, its just sad some gameplay related improvements aren't in this update.

I think if I were given a choice to scrap Ocram in exchange for the Moon Lord I'd instantly say goodbye to Ocram. He's too easy to beat and Moon Lord is a hell of a challenge on PC even in regular worlds. exchange Dragon Armor, Titan, and Spectral Armor for Nebula, Solar and Vortex or Stardust. include Moon Lord's mask. this is all in theory though. I'm not sure how much power the Moon Lord takes up but I'd be more than willing to give Ocram the boot for Moon Lord hands down. I know it won't happen though.

I think if I were given a choice to scrap Ocram in exchange for the Moon Lord I'd instantly say goodbye to Ocram. He's too easy to beat and Moon Lord is a hell of a challenge on PC even in regular worlds. exchange Dragon Armor, Titan, and Spectral Armor for Nebula, Solar and Vortex or Stardust. include Moon Lord's mask. this is all in theory though. I'm not sure how much power the Moon Lord takes up but I'd be more than willing to give Ocram the boot for Moon Lord hands down. I know it won't happen though.
Same here

This is not farewell, Old gen! Though you are left behind on updates, you are still an awesome part of the community, and you can still contribute with amazing builds, insights and tips about the game! Don't let a lack of future updates stop you - when the PC version was thought to have no more updates, the community still thrived.

You shall live on!
I agree.

And, now that I think about it, Old Gen games will actually still have an exclusive (albeit irritating) item:

Biome Key Molds.

Wait... It doesn't mention that you can't use items in minecarts has been fixed?!
Also great news on it being a month early!
Also bad news that it seems our cries for 1 or 2 , 1.3 items/things have been ignored.

Not ignored, they've been addressed. Read below.

I think possessed hatchet should be autoswing since this is the last update we will be getting I'd say about 5 or so things from 1.3. Any with me

Same here

Adding any 1.3 items would just cause a greater clamor over WHICH 1.3 items should be added. There are way too many players for there to be any way to decide what should be appropriate. It's best for last gen to be put in as bug free state as possible with the content that it can handle rather than trying to tweak new content in where it just doesn't fit properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom