Blocks & Decoration Craftable Lihzahrd traps

[Read the post first] Do you like the idea or do you not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PastaLaVista

Queen Bee
When I decided to make an arena for the Pumpkin/Frost Moon event I realized I would need a lot more Flame Traps than what I already had, which was around 2-3. In order to get the 24 Flame Traps I required I went through around ~12 small worlds just to get them. Was it worth the effort? Well yes, I defeated the event, but was it really that fun to run through 12 worlds to find a few Flame Traps on each? Not really. It's a rewarding process, but way to annoying to do multiple times (either because you want to make another arena or on another playthrough).
Therefore I suggest that we can craft all the traps that the dungeon has to offer at the Lihzahrd Furnace. The materials wouldn't be too hard to get, but still a little bit challenging. I was thinking something like:

Note: I'm not saying there should be 2 recipes for the same trap, they are options: only one of them should be used)

10 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 10 Living Fire Block + 5 Bettle Husks = 10 Flame Traps
or
5 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 5 Living Fire Block + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Flame Traps

7 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 1 Dart Trap + 2 Beetle Husks = 1 Super Dart Trap
or
5 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 25 Poison Darts + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Super Dart Traps

15 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 1 Spear + 5 Beetle Husks = 2 Spear Traps
or
5 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 5 Wood + 5 Iron Bars + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Spear Traps (Better choice in my opinion)

20 Lizhahrd Bricks + 10 Wire + 20 Spiky Balls + 5 Beetle Husks = 5 Spiky Ball Traps
or
5 Lizhahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 25 Spiky Balls + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Spiky Ball Traps

Also,
5 Stone Blocks + 5 Wire + 25 Poison Darts + 5 Fallen Stars (for power) = 5 Regular Dart Traps
(Credits to Gotcha! for the alternate recipes + Regular Dart Trap recipe)

The amount is just a suggestion and could always be balanced out in some way, but in my opinion this seems rather balanced. The reason I decided to include the Beetle Husks in the recipe is because otherwise you would easily be able to craft all of this just by destroying the Lihzahrd Temple. But with this in it you need to fight the Golem Several times as well if you want to craft more traps, making it a stupid idea to destroy the entire temple since the temple's enemies drops the Power Cells. Tearing down the entire structure would remove your worlds only source of them (I know you can make more worlds, just saying).

So what do you think? Do you want this or do you not? Feel free to give me some feedback on the idea as well as cast a vote to express your opinion.

Last edited:
You should change the Spear trap´s recipe so it uses something different than spears, as their damage potential makes them worth using in massive amounts.

This is not a bad idea :)...It is a pain going on multiple worlds looking for traps when you've ran out on your main world :p

You should change the Spear trap´s recipe so it uses something different than spears, as their damage potential makes them worth using in massive amounts.
That is true. I could imagine that instead of spears you would use something else, like a modified arrow. Actually, what if you combined normal arrows with Lihzahrd Bricks to make Lihzahrd Spears which is a new material which only got the purpose to be used in the crafting of the Spear Trap. After all, that would make the end-game. As an alternative, what if the material would be dropped by the monsters of the Lihzahrd Dungeon?

Seriously Op, It's not the traps who should do all the work it's the person with the right set of skill he or she has. Get the traps you already have.
Like almost everything in the game, if you want to use traps or not is entirely up to you. You don't have to use them, but it would be nice if the option was there without you having to raid multiple worlds.

Like almost everything in the game, if you want to use traps or not is entirely up to you. You don't have to use them, but it would be nice if the option was there without you having to raid multiple worlds.

But that does not really make soo much sense to me. Traps are traps, nor tools and nor even weapons, they barely account for in your combat. The traps are a touch up, you get what you get, you do what you do.

I like this. I got 5 fire traps in my medium world. I haven't bothered to get more...
5!? I usually only get 1..

There should be a few more fire traps in the temple, but I like the idea of craftable traps. What about the normal dart traps too? I think you should remove the spear from the spear trap, and use something else, maybe dungeon spikes? Idunno.

What about the normal dart traps too?
The reason I didn't include the normal dart traps is because they are, in comparison to the traps of the temple, much more common than the super traps, making the problem of aquiring them much smaller.
But that does not really make soo much sense to me. Traps are traps, nor tools and nor even weapons, they barely account for in your combat. The traps are a touch up, you get what you get, you do what you do.
The only real part where I use an arena with traps is against the events, since there is a lot of less important enemies that you shouldn't have to bother with when fighting with the larger enemies. That's my opinion on the case. And don't get me wrong: your opinion is that you do not want to add them, and I respect your opinion. This is a suggestion, and suggestions requires feedback if they want to get anywhere. My opinion is to add them, but you don't have to feel the same.

Nice. I'd change the recipes though:

5 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 5 Living Fire Block + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Flame Traps

5 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 25 Poison Darts + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Super Dart Traps

5 Lihzahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 5 Wood + 5 Iron Bars + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Spear Traps

5 Lizhahrd Bricks + 5 Wire + 25 Spiky Balls + 1 Lihzahrd Power Cell = 5 Spiky Ball Traps

I think the addition of Power Cells will make it grindy enough so people can't make a ton of traps within 30 minutes, as well as forcing a choice of either making traps or have a go at Golem. Also, it powers them, so makes sense.
I wouldn't use spears either way. They're too rare for this. People would need to create world after world to find spears, just like they'd need to create worlds to plunder temples.

Also,
5 Stone Blocks + 5 Wire + 25 Poison Darts + 5 Fallen Stars (for power) = 5 Regular Dart Traps

Seriously Op, It's not the traps who should do all the work it's the person with the right set of skill he or she has. Get the traps you already have.

It's not overpowered really. You need Lihzahrd bricks, meaning you already got through the temple, probably taking all the traps with you, and then defeated Golem until you got your Picksaw. At this point you can basically visit any world and use the Picksaw to clear temples from their traps.
Having recipes like this just removes that, in my opinion, annoyance. Especially when it comes to Flame Traps. So... raaaaaaare... ;_;

Um... mods? This is something we must have... The temple traps are way too difficult to get in great volume. Crafting is actually a good idea! Make the Lihzard crafting station something more required in order to make these traps.

Back
Top Bottom