NPCs & Enemies Craftable object to summon Moon Lord.

What do you think?

• Yes, there should be another way to summon the Moon Lord AFTER you defeat it once.

• No, I like farming for 10 hours.

• I like the idea but it's overpowered.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Woodman315

Terrarian
*THIS HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE GAME AS OF TERRARIA VERSION 1.3.0.5*

Instead of having to kill the Lunatic Cultist and all 4 pillars every time you fight the Moon Lord, I think you should be able to craft an object that summons the Moon Lord instantly. Maybe a recipe like this...

-The recipe added is actually different than my idea below.

5 Ectoplasm
10 Luminite
5 Vortex Fragment
5 Nebula Fragment
5 Stardust Fragment
5 Solar Fragment

I think this would add a balance for people who have already defeated the Moon Lord and want to farm the items it drops.

*Sorry I accidently posted this as a bug before this*

Original thread: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/craftable-object-to-summon-moon-lord.23318/#post-593110

Last edited:
No.

I think killing the Cultist and kill the Pillars to summon Moon Lord is a good challenge.

If there was to be one, it would be dropped by Moon Lord himself (low chance)

I see what you are saying. That is why I made it cost luminite in order to summon it again. The lunar event is a good challenge and I like that it is, but once you have spent 6 hours farming the Moon Lord and haven't gotten a single S.D.M.G. you get really frustrated.

I don't agree with a summoning item. It's the final boss and the grind is just part of the challenge. I feel like they got it just right honestly. If you're after his rare drops you should be aware of the drop rates. I'm still furiously digging Silt and Slush for my Amber Mosquito but you don't see me complaining, in fact I enjoy it. Besides, with a proper setup you can get through the whole cycle of Cultist-Pillars-Moon Lord relatively fast.

You knoooooooow
If you just ask people for a particular drop, and aren't against trading stuff...
This forum has plenty of people that would be willing to offer what you want personally in exchange for something else(or not)

Most people will want a fair trade, but some people may not want anything at all

I for one have like 9 SDMG's all sitting in a chest by themselves, and they're all reforged to unreal
I only need one unreal SDMG, and the number is only getting higher everytime I fight him because he drops it more than anything for me.

I definitively agree. I don't see grinding as part of a "challenge", having to do something you've already done 10 times isn't a challenge, it's a chore. :)
For some, grinding is fun, but that's what's awesome with this suggestion : you'd have the choice to grind or not. Some just don't want to bother with the 4 towers and to kill the Moon Lord.

Let me make myself clear : I actually like grinding the 4 towers, and if this is added I probably won't ever use it. But I know it's not the case for everybody. So yeah, it'd probably be a nice addition to the game.

The moon lord should be a challenge, you dont just spawn at the final boss of a game.
Therefore you need to go through a challenge. Do you think The Cave of The Past in Earthbound spawned you right at giygas? No, you had to go through an army of krakens, ghosts, robots, and thieving octopi (dont ask)

The moon lord should be a challenge, you dont just spawn at the final boss of a game.
Therefore you need to go through a challenge. Do you think The Cave of The Past in Earthbound spawned you right at giygas? No, you had to go through an army of krakens, ghosts, robots, and thieving octopi (dont ask)
I have no problem with the Cultist through Moon Lord being a gauntlet. The first time.

I think this is a great idea. For those of you who say it's a bad one, you could just not use it. Besides, by the time you can spare the fragments and Luminite, you're probably just fighting him for fun or for the drops.

It's not a bad idea. You can only craft this if you've already killed the moon lord before and fighting through hordes of enemies can be annoying for a lot of people. If you've killed it once, you can do it a thousand more times. No need to repeat the process unless you want to at that point.

It's not a bad idea. You can only craft this if you've already killed the moon lord before and fighting through hordes of enemies can be annoying for a lot of people. If you've killed it once, you can do it a thousand more times. No need to repeat the process unless you want to at that point.
You need to repeat it once or twice anyway if you want all the items crafted from fragments.

You need to repeat it once or twice anyway if you want all the items crafted from fragments.

More like 15-19 times.

I think this is a great idea. For those of you who say it's a bad one, you could just not use it. Besides, by the time you can spare the fragments and Luminite, you're probably just fighting him for fun or for the drops.

Just because people are lazy and spoiled doesn't mean the game should become easy mode. Yes defeating the Moon Lord multiple times takes effort, but that's just how it is. Great things require great effort. People just want their broken loot faster and easier even though you already "beat" the game at that point. I'd even call it being greedy.

And honestly what are people even complaining about? The Cultist takes me possibly 30 seconds in total. The Moon Lord 2 minutes max. All the towers combined, maybe 10-15 minutes. I know time is money, but really. I got all the Moon Lord loot on my second day of 1.3.

I honestly don't know why people are so opposed to this. If you've already beaten the Cultist and the Four Pillars, what's the point of doing it all over again?

I agree with this. I have no problems with any of the pillars except.... nebula... It's like it was designed for the sole purpose of annoying you. Every time I want to try for the Terrarian I have to go through the nebula. I hide in a hole using a solar eruption, lasers can't hit me, but then a nebula sphere attacks so I can't. I fly around with various homing magic weapons, a floater teleports into me and fires from point blank just when I use a potion. The stardust dragon Isn't too much help either.

I agree with this. I have no problems with any of the pillars except.... nebula... It's like it was designed for the sole purpose of annoying you. Every time I want to try for the Terrarian I have to go through the nebula. I hide in a hole using a solar eruption, lasers can't hit me, but then a nebula sphere attacks so I can't. I fly around with various homing magic weapons, a floater teleports into me and fires from point blank just when I use a potion. The stardust dragon Isn't too much help either.

Starcells tend to be more helpful for crowd control. I actually think a mix of both works best.

Back
Top Bottom