Music Pack The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess soundtrack

MadaxTheShadow

Official Terrarian
Hello all!

I've put together a custom music pack that brings my favorite Zelda soundtrack to Terraria. It fits all too well, I have to say. I've done my best to match up Twilight Princess's music with Terraria's to make the best reincarnation possible and give your adventures a whole new feel. Enjoy!

Let me know if there's any problems with it, if you liked it, or if there's any suggestions to make it better. It is compatible with 1.4.4 and also available on the workshop.

Download
Last updated October 16, 2023.
v8.1 zip: Music Pack

To install music packs, either subscribe to it on the workshop or download the zip file then drag and drop it into the following for your OS (this folder can be opened automatically in-game):
  • Windows: %USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks
  • Mac: ~/Library/Application support/Terraria/ResourcePacks
  • Linux: ~/.local/share/Terraria/ResourcePacks

kdcROYP.png

Soundtrack
Menus
  • Journey's Beginning (Intro): Title
  • Journey's Beginning: Staff Credits
  • Title (Classic): File Select
  • Journey's End: Orchestra Piece #1 & Orchestra Piece #2
  • Alt Title (Console): Sled Game

Biomes
  • Overworld Day: Faron Woods
  • Alt Overworld Day: Ordon Village
  • Night: Hyrule Night Theme
  • Rain: Our Children Taken
  • Morning Rain: Ordon Ranch
  • Storm: Midna's Lament
  • Underground: Death Mountain
  • Alt Underground: Lakebed Temple
  • Desert (Surface): Kakariko Village
  • Underground Desert: Gerudo Desert
  • Sandstorm: Hidden Village
  • Ocean Day: Fishing Hole
  • Ocean Night: Zora's Domain
  • Mushrooms: Beast in the Village
  • Dungeon: Temple of Time
  • Temple: Arbiter's Grounds
  • Space Day: Boss Defeated
  • Space Night: Light Spirit's Lament
  • Hell: Goron Mines
  • Snow: Snowpeak
  • Ice: Snowpeak Ruins
  • Jungle (Surface Day): Ook
  • Underground Jungle: Forest Temple
  • Jungle Night: Talo's Rescue
  • Corruption: Twilight
  • Underground Corruption: Palace of Twilight
  • Crimson: Hyrule Castle Tower Bottom
  • Underground Crimson: Hyrule Castle Tower Top
  • The Hallow: Lake Hylia
  • Underground Hallow: Sacred Grove
  • Eerie (Meteor, Blood Moon): Twilight Cargo
  • Windy Day: River Game
  • Town Day: Hyrule Castle Town
  • Town Night: Save Ilia
  • Graveyard: Midna's Theme
  • Day Remix: Hyrule Field
  • Aether: Princess Zelda's Theme

Bosses and events
  • Boss 1 (Eye of Cthulhu, Eater of Worlds, Skeletron, Skeletron Prime, King Slime): Fyrus
  • Boss 2 (The Twins, Wall of Flesh): Armogohma
  • Boss 3 (The Destroyer, Brain of Cthulhu, Frost Legion): Morpheel
  • Boss 4 (Golem, Lunatic Cultist): King Bulblin
  • Boss 5 (Queen Bee): Diababa First Half
  • Deerclops: Shadow Insect
  • Queen Slime: Puppet Zelda
  • Plantera: Diababa Second Half
  • Empress of Light: Horseback Ganondorf
  • Duke Fishron: Stallord
  • The Towers (Lunar Pillars): Zant Battle
  • Lunar Boss (Moon Lord): Ganondorf
  • Goblin Invasion: Storehouse on Fire
  • Old One's Army: Remnant of Twilight (Hyrule Warriors)
  • Slime Rain: Deku Toad
  • Pirate Invasion: Horse Battle
  • Eclipse: Beast Ganon
  • Pumpkin Moon: Blizzeta Second Form
  • Frost Moon: Blizzeta First Form
  • Martian Madness: Miniboss

Otherwordly
  • Overworld Day: Wind Waker - The Great Sea
  • Night: Wind Waker - The Great Sea is Cursed
  • Rain: Wind Waker - Outset Island
  • Underground: Wind Waker - Beedle's Shop
  • Desert: Wind Waker - Molgera
  • Ocean: Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Island
  • Mushrooms: Wind Waker - Forbidden Woods
  • Dungeon: Wind Waker - The Ghost Ship
  • Space: Wind Waker - Fairy Spring
  • Hell: Wind Waker - Dragon Roost Cavern
  • Snow: Wind Waker - Aryll's Theme
  • Ice: Wind Waker - Inside the Pirate Ship
  • Jungle: Wind Waker - Earth Temple
  • Corruption: Wind Waker - Forsaken Fortress Invasion
  • Underground Corruption: Wind Waker - Forsaken Fortress
  • Crimson: Wind Waker - Ganon's Castle
  • Underground Crimson: Wind Waker - Ganondorf on Forsaken Fortress
  • Hallow: Wind Waker - Forest Haven
  • Underground Hallow: Wind Waker - Tower of the Gods
  • Eerie (Graveyard, Blood Moon, Meteor, Solar Eclipse): Wind Waker - Battle
  • Boss 1 (Eye of Cthulu, King Slime, Eater of Worlds, Brain of Cthulu, Queen Bee, Skeletron): Wind Waker - Miniboss
  • Boss 2 (Queen Slime, The Twins, The Destroyer, Skeletron Prime, Duke Fishron, Golem, Empress of Light, Lunatic Cultist): Wind Waker - Major Maritime Battle
  • Invasion (Goblin Army, Old One's Army, Frost Legion, Pirate Invasion, Pumpkin Moon, Frost Moon): Wind Waker - Helmaroc King
  • The Towers (Lunar Pillars): Wind Waker - Gohdan
  • Lunar Boss (Moon Lord): Wind Waker - Ganondorf Battle
  • Plantera: Wind Waker - Kalle Demos
  • Wall of Flesh: Wind Waker - Puppet Ganon (Puppet Form)

Changelog
  • v8.1 -- 2023-10-16 -- Converted Day/Alt and Underground/Alt to mp3 so they properly swap between their variants.
  • v8.0 -- 2022-10-05 -- Added 1.4.4 support. Aether set to "Princess Zelda's Theme".
  • v7.0 -- 2021-11-18 -- Added 1.4.3 support. Deerclops set to "Shadow Insect".
  • v6.2 -- 2021-03-31 -- Added 1.4.2 support. Converted from wave bank to music pack.
  • v6.1 -- 2020-11-12 -- Added 1.4.1.2 support.
  • v6.0 -- 2020-10-13 -- Added 1.4.1 support. "Journey's End" set to performances by The Legend of Zelda Orchestra. Fixed Armogohma loop issue.
  • v5.3 -- 2020-05-22 -- Swapped Sled Game and Hyrule Field.
  • v5.2 -- 2020-05-20 -- Fixed Town Night loop issue.
  • v5.1 -- 2020-05-20 -- Otherworld alternate soundtrack support.
  • v5.0 -- 2020-05-18 -- Added 1.4.0 support. Mixed down to mono tracks from stereo. Full changelog
  • v4.0 -- 2017-02-16 -- Added 1.3.4 support. "Old One's Army" set to "Remnant of Twilight" from Hyrule Warriors (it's a TP inspired track, so it counts?)
  • v3.0 -- 2016-09-09 -- Added 1.3.3 support. Changed desert theme to "Kakariko Village", new sandstorm event is set to "Gerudo Desert"
  • v2.2 -- 2016-06-25 -- Adjusted some audio levels
  • v2.1 -- 2016-05-03 -- No changes to soundtrack list, but all looping issues should be fixed
  • v2.0 -- 2016-04-13 -- A few new songs to better match the track list
  • v1.0 -- 2015-12-22 -- Initial release

Last edited:
and here gentlemen, what needs terraria :happy:
This "WaveBank" will change the way we see Terraria
and when building gives a lot of inspiration the song "Overworld day"
Thanks `:passionate:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I actually want to put up a revised edition that has a couple songs that match better (just a few boss/event themes and the dungeon/temple themes were switched). Happy to see someone enjoying it!

For some reason this wavebank file does not work for me. The music slider constantly switches back to 0 every time I try to use it. Can you please explain what I am doing wrong? Is it that another patch came out recently and made this incompatible or something?

For some reason this wavebank file does not work for me. The music slider constantly switches back to 0 every time I try to use it. Can you please explain what I am doing wrong? Is it that another patch came out recently and made this incompatible or something?
which terraria version are you using, are you using any hardcoded client mods?
i didnt try this myself, but there are reasons as for why this happens. either the wavebank is missing, or its incompatible with the game version. i will test it myself and see if it happens to me aswell

edit: nope works, must be something with your terraria

That is very strange. Try verifying the files of Terraria to make sure nothing is missing or corrupted, then reinstall the wavebank. Keep in mind that this will remove any modifications you may have installed. This is also using the latest version of Terraria 1.3.0.8, so make sure you have it updated.

I've also updated the soundtrack and posted the new link. Only a few changes that I think suit it better.

Wavebank has been updated to 2.1. No changes to the soundtrack list, but all looping issues should be fixed. Also, I would like some feedback on the song choice for Martian Madness, as well as the looping for Solar Eclipse. I did my best on Martian Madness to find the right song for it (was quite difficult) and I had to do some careful fiddling to make sure the Solar Eclipse track looped properly.

Enjoy! OneDrive download link

I think the mac version wavebank isnt switchable (i tried a few wavebanks to replace the original one on a mac).
Maybe the wavebank is made differently on a mac then on windows.
I have the same issue,sliders keep resetting on 0.

I think the mac version wavebank isnt switchable (i tried a few wavebanks to replace the original one on a mac).
May I ask what the file extension for the original wavebank is for you mac users?

Alright so let's try something. I've been meticulously googling and searching the forums for answers to this problem and so far there doesn't seem to be one. I have, however, may have found a likely candidate. Turns out, the mac and linux versions use a different compression preset than the windows version (done when making the wavebank). Windows uses xWMA, and Mac/Linux use ADPCM. However, I've also found that people who tried to use 1.2.4 wavebanks when the 1.3 update first came out had the exact same issue where the volume slider goes to zero. Because it was missing some tracks, the wavebank would crash on loading and the game wouldn't let any audio through. I've always thought it was weird that the sound effect for rain was stored in the music file and not with the other sound effects, so it got me thinking that it might not be in the music file for the Mac version.

TLDR: try these things and see if they work, either I found the compression preset that is supposed to be used for mac, or the rain sound effect doesn't exist in the wavebank like it does for windows (or perhaps both). If you (or other mac users for that matter) could test out these files, we may find the solution to this problem.

When you paste them into the terraria content folder, remember to rename them into "Wave Bank.xwb". I've renamed them as they are now to keep track of them.
Here's the one for the full 39 songs and with the different ADPCM compression preset.
Here's the one where rain is excluded, using the different ADPCM compression preset.
Here's the one where rain is excluded, using the original xWMA compression preset.

Well,i guess this is the end station.
None of them work.
Thanks for the help researching though.
Guess we Mac/Linux users might have to wait a bit for some change,because I think Your not able to do anything further,right?
[doublepost=1462601219,1462601138][/doublepost]Does something change that i mention that the original Wave Bank for mac is 168.1 mb ?

None of them work.
Guess we Mac/Linux users might have to wait a bit for some change,because I think Your not able to do anything further,right?
[doublepost=1462601219,1462601138][/doublepost]Does something change that i mention that the original Wave Bank for mac is 168.1 mb ?
Well that's a bummer. The one for windows is larger than the original and it works just fine. I'll see if there's anything else. Poke the devs on twitter lol

None of them work.

You know, I just thought of something. If you don't have file extensions showing in the file explorer and you rename something, I believe the file extension you add at the end does nothing but extend the name (e.g. "Wave Bank.xwb.xwb" according to Windows). This will cause the file to not work because Terraria requires it to be "Wave Bank" with a .xwb extension. So let's try this one last time just to make sure if that happened. Just make sure they are named "Wave Bank" when you put them in the folder and double check the music slider each time.

Tried naming it "Wave Bank" (without the quotes) and to no avail.Maybe ill just buy a windows some time.

Not giving up on this. Can you upload the original wavebank to your Dropbox / Google Drive and link it to me? Going to drop it into TExtract and find out what's going on in Mac's. May have found a new method of making it as well so I'll try that out when I get off work.

Alright I talked with Skiphs earlier and he confirmed that it's the ADPCM preset and it should work. Here's the test file, and make sure that the volume slider is back up when you load the game. Word of warning that you will want the music volume to be 50+ to hear clearly.

Alright,thanks so much.I will try it.
[doublepost=1462809193,1462808780][/doublepost]It still resets to 0 when i try to make it higher.

Back
Top Bottom