Votes: 44 84.6%
  • Yes, but need improvement

Votes: 8 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skeltinon

Steampunker
Welcome. Recently I came up with an idea about ropes (also chains). You can place them rather easily, but removing them is not that comfortable. So I have a solution. You can right click ropes/chains to cut them precisely in cursor position.

Example
liny1,5.jpg
liny2.jpg

First image shows player that want to cut almost entire rope (he wants one piece at the top to stay). He right click in area marked as green circle.
Second image shows result of doing this - one piece of rope remained; rest ropes (beneath that one, in line) was dropped on the ground. They can be collected normally.

Alternative solution
liny3.jpg
liny4.jpg

Just like I promised: an alternate solution to my suggestion. First image shows player that want to cut entire rope so he right click in area marked as green circle.
Second image shows result of doing this - cutted ropes goes directly to player's inventory.

I think that I showcase it clearly. Hope you liked it :dryadwink:

Last edited:
I have an improvment!
When you are "on" a rope its displaying this thing that you are holding, like a hook or something right? What if we you HAD to craft that "hook" thingie to be able to use ropes. makes the game a little more "Survival" ;) i like the idea.

You make it out of premode items so its pretty easy obtainable and it can also be found in Cave chest :)

+ Rep tho i like the idea of yours :)

I have an improvment!
When you are "on" a rope its displaying this thing that you are holding, like a hook or something right? What if we you HAD to craft that "hook" thingie to be able to use ropes. makes the game a little more "Survival" ;) i like the idea.

You make it out of premode items so its pretty easy obtainable and it can also be found in Cave chest :)

+ Rep tho i like the idea of yours :)
Quit trying to advertise your own ideas.

Also, I like this. +1 support ;)

Wow, thank You guys for all your support. Recently someone didn't like my suggestion. You cannot please everyone, I know :rolleyes:
EDIT: Negative vote gone. What kind of magic is this?

Last edited:
I didn't understand this at first. But now I do. And with all the new ropes coming out it would be a good idea instead of having to use a pickaxe to get them down.

It would be also nice if all the ropes came up as if you were pulling the rope up.
You mean all ropes you cut instantly land in your inventory instead of dropping it on the ground? If that so, I like it. Might improve suggestion because of this.

The first thing I thought of was someone trolling and destroying a hellevator.

Then from other posts I realized how easy it is to place rope, yet how hard it is to mine it all away. Guess I support then !

Back
Top Bottom