Dragons! A mod about the raising, the breeding and summon of dragons!

Do you think this is a good idea for a mod/wish this to be a mod?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zeno_magatama

Skeletron Prime
If you vote "No." please elaborate why and what we can improve in the comments.
Warning! This was originally posted under the "suggestions: NPC's and enemies" forum, and has been moved into mod forums.
As such, language used in this post might look like we are just making suggestions.
The people working on this are Zeno_magatama (me) Pinelord (Sprite maker, reviews most suggestions and overall implements new ideas). We are in need of a new modder, hopefully someone experienced enough to work with tAPI and management of scripts, should any need be done.

This mod appeals more to people who want more unique summons and/or love to breed and raise Chocobos in ff7 :p

Breeding, raising, and seeing something grow before yourself is something that i have allways been fascinated by, and that is basicly where this suggestion comes from, which is my love for raising dragons and more summoner items, with a twist.

The incubator:
index.php
(Incubator occupied by normal egg:
index.php
, incubator occupied by ichor egg:
index.php
, also work well as decoration :p!)

index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php

The incubator will be your most important object during the breeding quest, as it is where you'll be placing your eggs so that they hatch.
Any egg placed in the incubator will take a full ingame day to turn into a baby dragon, and you must check on it so that the baby is born. Ill move into the dragons details later.

The dragon egg:
index.php

Now this item is where it all kicks in: This dragon egg can be placed in an incubator where it will hatch into a Normal Dragon the next day, however it can also be used to make enchanted dragon eggs that will produce different dragon, with different properties and more powerfull, at an Enchanting Table
index.php
, which too is bought from the wizard.

UPDATE: Normal Dragon Eggs can now also be used in an Enchanting Table with gems, such as amethysts or sapphires, to create mutlicoloured normal dragon eggs, that will hatch into the colour of their egg. However, these coloured eggs can NOT be enchanted into enchanted eggs. They will have the same ammount of power as the normal Dragon Egg, however they can later be used to create the Rainbow Egg.

Examples of the enchanted eggs are:

index.php
Ichor Egg:

To craft:
Dragon Egg x1
Ichor x50

Description: "Its oozing of ichor."
crafted at: Enchanting Table
index.php

index.php
Cursed Egg

To craft:
Dragon Egg x1
Cursed Flame x45
Worm Tooth x5

Description: "You can feel it corrupting you just by holding it."
Craft at: Enchanting Table
index.php

index.php
Jungle Egg

To Craft:
Dragon Egg x1
Jungle Spores x50

Description: "Its petals seem to secrete some sort of venom."
Craft at: Enchanting table
index.php

index.php
Slimy Egg

To Craft:
Dragon Egg x1
Gel x200

Description: "... I dont think this belongs..."
index.php

index.php
Hallowed Egg

To Craft:
Dragon Egg x1
Pixie Dust x99

Description: "It glows a bright yellow"
index.php

index.php
Frost Egg

To Craft:
Dragon Egg x1
Frost Core x2

Description: "The air is getting colder around you..."
index.php

index.php
Gem versions of the Dragon Egg, crafted with Dragon egg x1 + Gem (corresponding colour) x15

isXgPAA.png
Blood Ice Egg
Frost Essence x1
Ichor Essence x1
Dragon egg x1

Description: "It looks like its made out of flesh with layers of ice."

2nd:Once the dragons have been born, they will turn into friendly dragon npcs, and according to what type of dragon they are, they will need to live in different specific biomes. Examples. Ichor Dragons will only be able to reside in Crimson biomes whilst Cursed Dragons will only be able to reside in Corruption Biomes.
These dragons will need, like any other npc, housing to reside in, or in this case "Stables" of sorts.

These stables must be at least 30 x 25 blocks large, with enough space for them to roam and a placeable Water Feeder (Pixel art pending), and needs to have proper lighting and have doors. If these requirements are not met, the dragon will not go to its stables will eventually die. The dragon will also refuse to be fed and to grow whilst it remains stableless. Thus it is preferred that you build proper stables before hatching the egg. There can be a maximum of 2 same types of dragons on the same stable.

After all this is done, you'll need to start feeding your baby dragons everyday for 3 days with dragon feed (pixel art pending, how to acquire also pending). Dragon feed is not unique to each dragon, and can be fed to any kind of dragon. You'll need to feed a baby dragon 5 every day for 3 days, after which it will mature into a Young Dragon.

AS OF YET (Might change in the future) the young phase of the dragon is practicly the same as the baby dragon phase, just feed it 10 dragon feed every day for 2 days, after that is done the young dragon shall turn into an Adult Dragon.

UPDATED: Adult Dragons now have some further uses (May have more in the future).

1: Any and all enemies (Not bosses) will stay away from dragons. As in, they will flee when they enter a certain radius of the dragon. This can be usefull during bloodmoons or for simple land protection. Enemies will still spawn, but will simply flee from adult dragons.

2: UPDATED: Adult dragons no longer take an Angler NPC approach, and instead now focus on choices

When you go and talk to your dragons, they will give you 2 choices: Extract Essence or Extract Fragments.

If you choose to Extract Essence, you'll need 1
index.php
needle, made with 1 glass at a workbench, after which it will take from you and drop its types Dragon Essence.

If you chose to Extract Fragments, you'll need to have a Scalpel
index.php
in your inventory, made with 1 glass at a workbench, after which it will be taken and the dragon will drop its types Dragon Fragment

If you have already done one action, you will not be able to do another action until the next day.

You can also breed dragons once they become adults. You can collect a corresponding essence from each type of dragon, except the normal dragon. Once you have 2 different essences, you can combine them at the enchanting table with an egg and get a new hybrid dragon.

EX: Ichor dragon essence
WqyXraE.png
+ frost dragon essence
PD5hwg0.png
+ dragon egg
index.php
= Blood Ice Egg
isXgPAA.png

But not all dragons can be bred, for example a hallowed essence can't be combined with an ichor essence, but a jungle essence and a sky essence can, and you would get the hive dragon.

The blood ice dragon, in its summonable combat form, would NOT display the 2 abilities to both freeze and apply ichor at the same time, however this "fusion" of both will be more powerfull than their predecessors, and will be more suited for end game than them. Blood Ice Dragon applies Ichor

The blood ice dragon in its Adult NPC Form however, will have the same skill that any other dragon has, however it drops its unique essence that can be used for cloning of a Blood Ice Egg from a normal Dragon Egg.
Its essence can also be fused with a limited few of other fused dragons to create a full end game dragon that will not fuse its essence with anything, however those dragons are still being thought up about as Blood Ice dragon is currently the one of the only fused dragon at the moment.
As any other Adult Dragon, it also gives its Fragment, used to make the staff.
These "fusion dragons" can live in the both biomes that their parents were, as such a blood ice dragon can inhabit a tundra biome and a crimson biome.

Normal Dragon is the only dragon as of yet to never give essence, and will only give fragments.

Frost Dragon is the only dragon that will not give its fragments, thus you can NOT summon a frost dragon, and will only give Essence. Its still useful for making other more powerfull dragons. This was made so that it wouldny be associated with the Frost Hydra, a frost dragon summon.

Essence can also be used as a replacement of certain materials on eggs.

EX: Dragon Egg x1 + Ichor Essence = Ichor Egg, instead of: Dragon Egg x1 + Ichor x50 = Ichor Egg.

fMtT4kV.png
Gem Dragon Essences
H8fCL3j.png
Rainbow Essence
kbl0G1n.png
Corrupt Essence
WqyXraE.png
Ichor Essence
PD5hwg0.png
Frost Essence
3uRvdto.png
Jungle Essence
index.php
Hallowed Essence
RNXinBo.png
Blood Ice Essence

3rd: Now that im done talking about the breeding and raising of Dragons, its time to talk about the summonable combat dragons. These ones are summoned by staff, just like other summonable monsters, however, they come with different twists and properties.

These dragon staves are made by using a Dragon Fragment, an item previously explained how to acquire, a Simple Staff, sold by the wizard, and bars, according to what dragon it is.

Exmaples of Dragon Staves:

Dragon Staff (Pixel art pending)

Crafted by:

Dragon Fragment
index.php
x1
Simple Staff x1

Ichor Dragon Staff (Pixel Art Pending)

Crafted By:

Ichor Fragment
index.php
x1
Simple Staff x1
Hallowed Bars x10

Crafted at: Enchanting Table

Blood Ice Staff (Pixel art pending)

Crafted by:

Blood Ice Fragment
index.php
x1
Simple Staff x1
Chlorophyte Bars x10

index.php
Dragon Fragment
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
index.php
Gem Dragon Fragments
index.php
Ichor Fragment
index.php
Cursed Fragment
index.php
Jungle Fragment
index.php
Hallowed Fragment
index.php
Blood Ice Fragment

Whats so different abuot these summons is that they will not take up a spot in how many minions you have (example: if you have normal armor and a pygmy necklace, you're able to summon 2 normal minions and one Dragon). As such, they work a bit like the frost hydra, except that they will act like other minions in the factor that dragons will follow you where you go. There can only be 1 dragon at a time.

Dragons also different in their attack patterns: If the dragon spots an enemy far away from them, they will start launching ranged attacks at the enemy, and should the enemy get into a close enough radius of the dragon, it will commence attacking the enemy in melee combat. A Dragons ranged damage differs from dragon to dragon, as some dragons excel in melee damage whilst some excel in ranged damage. These dragons are also allot larger than your usual dragons, around 2 x the players size. As such, they will allways remain a bit far away from the player, as to not cover the player with its size. If the player remains still, the dragon will find a place to sit down next to them, like the parrot pet.

yuXfbVA.png
Normal Dragon
tyKcD4p.png
Ruby Dragon
eEaEpPb.png
Amber Dragon
rmstG2g.png
Topaz Dragon
tS2Yddk.png
Emerald Dragon
Kcnjno8.png
Sapphire Dragon
Smt7hbV.png
Purple Dragon
hk70WD7.png
Ichor Dragon
4AX9lNt.png
Cursed Dragon
plwqYU9.png
Frost Dragon
FEsYrYk.png
Jungle Dragon
index.php
Hallowed Dragon
bS4tXfP.png
Blood Ice Dragon

Sprites done by Pinelord

We got a banner!
The previous modder has backed out, thus we are now on an hiatus. Should any mod come to our aid hiatus status will be reverted.​

And as of yet, that is all there is right now! This post will keep being updated day after day, as it is FAR from completed, so dont miss out on anything!
This mod is currently in an Haitus state, as such, updates wont resume until a Modder decides to jump in. Should any updates come before a modder appears, however, updates will be posted under reply and editted unto the main post.

Last edited:
The images need to be fixed, but this mod is going to be great!;)

Are there any broken images?
Also we... dont actually have a modder right now, see this was originally postedi n the "suggestions" forums, its two people who are working, i guess you could say, on this mod, me and pinelord. However we dont really know how to create mods, and since i felt like this would be more suited as a mod, i changed it into the mod forums.
Now the problem isnt whether its a good idea for the game or not, its whether or not we can find a modder with enough time on his hands to be kind enough to volunteer to make this.
Currently these arent all the sprites or all dragons, as there as much more.

Awesome idea if done correctly, I just think the sprites could use more work (Mainly the incubator, the egg is just hidden there), and the images need to be fixed, I'm not able to see them, only the incubator and a couple eggs.

Awesome idea if done correctly, I just think the sprites could use more work (Mainly the incubator, the egg is just hidden there), and the images need to be fixed, I'm not able to see them, only the incubator and a couple eggs.

Im not sure why they arent working for you guys, i can see them all. Ill try to reput all the images again, and than you tell me how it is.

The images need to be fixed, but this mod is going to be great!;)

I wish I knew how to mod so I could make this

yea i cant see them either, as for the mod, it looks frikin epic.

Images have been re-put, would you please tell me if there still sprites bugging, or which sprites are bugging?

index.php
Banner made by Pinelord,
New banner! If you want, you can put it in your signature to spread the word!
[DOUBLEPOST=1424472457][/DOUBLEPOST]
Most of the eggs and the incubator sprites are working.

What about the dragons? It seems like sprites are working for some and arent for others.

index.php
Banner made by Pinelord,
New banner! If you want, you can put it in your signature to spread the word!
[DOUBLEPOST=1424472457][/DOUBLEPOST]

What about the dragons? It seems like sprites are working for some and arent for others.
Still the same to me, I can't even see the banner in this post.

Back
Top Bottom