tModLoader Dye Easy - finally crafting dyes is a bit less painful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gardenapple

Steampunker
Note: this thread has been merged into the "Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods" thread.

Dye Easy
is a tiny mod that makes Basic and Compound dyes much easier to get by changing their crafting recipes. It's based on one of my old suggestions, way back from 1.2. Yes, I know that those dyes aren't as cool anymore since the release of Strange dyes... But let's at least give them a chance!:)

So, here's the list of changes:
  • You now get 3 Basic dyes per recipe. That way finding just one ingredient is enough for a full set of armor. For example:
    Red_Husk.png
    1x Red Husk =
    Red_Dye.png
    3x Red Dye.
  • When you combine dyes, you get the same amount of dye that you used in the recipe. For example:
    Red_Dye.png
    1x Red Dye +
    Orange_Dye.png
    1x Orange Dye +
    Yellow_Dye.png
    1x Yellow Dye =
    Flame_Dye.png
    3x Flame Dye,
    Cyan_Dye.png
    1x Cyan Dye +
    Black_Dye.png
    1x Black Dye =
    Cyan_and_Black_Dye.png
    2x Cyan and Black Dye etc.
  • Note that recipes for Bright Silver, Intense Flame/Rainbow, Pink Gel, Shifting Pearlsands and Lunar dyes remain unchanged.
Also, theoretically this mod should work with dyes from other mods.

Download: through the in-Game Mod Browser or from here. Latest version is compatible with tModLoader v0.8.
If you're interested in the source code, you can get it using tModReader.
v1.4:
  • Update to tModLoader v0.8
v1.3:
  • Update to tModLoader v0.7
  • Source code is now readable with tModReader
v1.2:
  • Bright Silver dye recipe is now ignored
v1.1:
  • Fixed Compound dye recipes
v1.0:
  • Initial release!
This mod is licensed under the MIT License, which means that this mod is open-source.

Therefore, if I stop updating this mod and you want to do it yourself, feel free to do it! You can release your version to the public, as long as you credit me as the original author and don't change the license.
Feedback, suggestions and bug reports are always appreciated!

Last edited:
Ok, that is good but.... You'll need to change a bit of price from the dyes. Because if you don't do this, it can be easy money

I decided against changing the price of dyes, because it overcomplicates things too much. Leaving the price as is won't really be an exploit.
Yes, you will get 3x as much money from one ingredient... But they are really rare and 60 silver (the cost of 3 basic dyes) is honestly not a lot.

I decided against changing the price of dyes, because it overcomplicates things too much. Leaving the price as is won't really be an exploit.
Yes, you will get 3x as much money from one ingredient... But they are really rare and 60 silver (the cost of 3 basic dyes) is honestly not a lot.
well maybe you just need someone to help you change the prices..? I'm guessing 6 silver 70 copper would be the price to sell the dyes at :)

oh and I love your mod ♥

It should be, unless I forgot about it. Let me check...
EDIT: DyeEasy v1.4 for tML v0.8 is available since yesterday and it already has 156 downloads. You should be able to find it just fine.
Yep, thanks for replying. I am a big fan of your mods. Always the little things that help :)

What would be awesome is to be able to dye weapons, imagine yourself in rainbow including your weapon !

I'm thinking of merging this (as well as the Boss Expertise thread) into the "Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods" thread. Is everyone OK with that?

I want to do this because this mod is really, really tiny (so I'm not sure if it deserves it's own thread really) and there is very little discussion going on here.

I'm thinking of merging this (as well as the Boss Expertise thread) into the "Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods" thread. Is everyone OK with that?

I want to do this because this mod is really, really tiny (so I'm not sure if it deserves it's own thread really) and there is very little discussion going on here.
I 2nd this.

I don't see any reason not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom