Weapons & Equip Dyeing Equipment Overhaul!!!!

would you use this?

• HELL YEAH ALL THE TIME

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Most of the time

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Half of the time

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Only sometimes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Almost never

• NO

• Total voters

TheSneakyMalteaser

Skeletron Prime
Hello Terrarians!!
Now does anyone remember how the combination (black and any colours)
used to work? one of the two dyed the primary colour (most common) and the other dyed the second most common colour (secondary)
Now they just make the add-on colour darker
now that's actually good, but I really want something like that back, and i'm pretty sure that other people want this too
Introducing the second dye slot
What is this? well just like the name it's a secondary dye slot that goes right next to the first
there would be a second dye slot on everything that already has one
the way it would work is that the first (original) dye slot would control the primary colour and-yep you guessed it- the second one would control the secondary colour
but now for the necessary details

The important necessary details
  • If a colour on an accessory/armour/vanity/pet/mount etc is only a little bit lighter or darker, then it won't count as a different colour
  • If a piece of equipment only has one colour then the dye in the primary slot will dye the whole thing
  • void dye is now a purely effect dye (like mirage and reflective) and it only now costs one luminite to make (because we didn't need five in the first place)
  • If you put a purely effect dye (mirage, reflective or void) in either one of the slots the effect will cover the whole piece and will disregard any other effects (acid, hades etc)

Now you might be saying "but if I want do dye my whole piece only one colour would I have to use two dyes?"
not necessarily because next to the camera mode button the would be a button saying second dye slot
this would make the second dye slot disappear, and then the dye system would turn back to normal
don't worry you won't lose your dyes, if you reopen it then they'll still be there

HOPE YOU LIKE MY IDEA
edit: yes I know it does do this normally for some things BUT
not all things and it provides much better customisation

Last edited:
Second part
Weapon dyeing! Some people have already suggested this I know but I think my system is really good
You know how the goblin tinkerer can reforge, well now the dye trader can re-dye weapons!!
The re-dye option would be in the same place as it is with the goblin tinkerer
When you open it there are three tabs
Primary colour (works the same way as the armour does)

Secondary colour

Projectile (only on projectile weapons excluding guns bows rockets and most other ranged weapons)

First off the primary and secondary colour thing stays the same
And both tabs are exactly the same as each other, they just correspond to different parts
In the tabs there would be a colour slider thing, just like stylist/character menu
To change your colour it would cost one gold (if you want to change both colours two gold)

there would also be a menu right next to that with all the dye effects
(These would NOT include any changes to the colour
Okay here we go: slime, reflective, mirage, void, hades, phase, living ocean (I think), acid and twilight (I think that's all of them)
Changing your effect on one part is two gold (four if you want both)

Now the projectile is usually simple, there is only one colour and no effects doing it costs 3 gold, but for summoner (minion) you have two colour sliders (primary and secondary colours) and you can add effects to it but it costs four gold.

Important notes about weapons
Arkhalis's slash is controlled by primary colour and the slash shows no effects
Daybreak spears count as projectiles
Ranged weapons able to have dyed projectiles are: electro sphere launcher, all flamethrowers, jack o lantern launcher, piranha gun, sand gun and toxicarp.

HOPE YOU LIKE THE SECOND PART!!!
just before you go I think that almost every terraria user would like this to be implemented, and I know lots of people on the forums who would use this.
Thanks TheSneakyMalteaser

Last edited:
I'm not very good about using dyes but I like this idea. Let's hope we will find this on the T:OW, and have a chance to try it!

The second part seems better than the first.
This would be useful for people who want to mix and match their dyes and the weapon dyeing, nice idea.(go and find a copper dyed Terra Blade)

well the first part was just so you could make your armor and accessories look whatever color you wanted, and so you can create more custom vanity and stuff like that, and I'm sure everyone's wanted the second part, but the suggestions I've seen all have like some dye slot or something complicated and less customizable than this.
and thanks for the support!

Back
Top Bottom