NPCs & Enemies [Event] Ninja Invasion

Master Geass

Terrarian
Another invasion. An army of ninja's will attack. Their movement speed is faster then most mobs and they can cling to walls as if they are using Climbing Claws. This could allow them to get into certain defenses that most invasions would be blocked by tall walls. They also use Water Walking Boots but they don't drop them. Most of them can also open closed doors of break them down if need be. After defeating the King Slime they will have a chance to show up if there is no goblin invasion.

They can also be summoned with the Sacred Scroll. Alternatively the name could be the Lost Scroll. I have been thinking of a few different ways of getting the scroll. The first thing that comes to mind is a drop from the King Slime. Still even if he drops it 100% of the time it would be a pain to grind him, plus he is what triggers their random approach. Another way is to find them in jungle shrines. The third possibility is to have a new, rare mob drop it. For example a spy hiding in the jungle or disguised as a bunny far from the center. I though it would be funny for a bunny to turn into a hostile mob like the lost girl into the Nymph. The reason for it being dropped by a spy is because when I originally thought the most likely think on it would be intelligence or secrets that the ninjas wanted.

Each ninja has two sets of stats. They start with the stats listed in blue after you beat the King Slime, but change to green once you beat the pirate invasion. If at all possible they would be able to attack during another pirate invasion randomly, but each group attacks from a different side, one from the left and one from the right. Still the odds of the happening on it's own is low. I'm sure some of you have heard Ninjas vs Pirates at some point.

Genin
Range Damage: 10 -> 15
Melee Damage: 15 -> 30
Max Life: 80 -> 160
Defense: 5 -> 10
Drops: Shuriken, Face Mask
Throws shuriken until it gets close enough.

Kunoichi
Range Damage: 10 -> 15
Melee Damage: 18 -> 40
Max Life: 100 -> 180
Defense: 6 -> 14
Drops: Shuriken, Sheathed Katana, Love Potion
Sometimes throws shuriken until it gets close enough. Jumps higher then any other ninja.

Chunin
Range Damage: 22 -> 30
Melee Damage: 30 -> 45
Max Life: 150 -> 320
Defense: 8 -> 15
Drops: Arrows, Black Bow, Tengai Hat
Stops to shoot arrows.

Mystic Ninja
Damage: 20 -> 30
Max Life: 50 -> 65
Defense: 4 -> 6
Drops: Smoke Bomb, Shadow Scroll, Talisman
Caster AI. Teleports around and fires a black shock wave through solid blocks.

Jonin
Damage: 30 -> 65
Max Life: 150 -> 350
Defense: 10 -> 25
Drops: Ninja Staff, Ninja Star, Ninja Cloak (HM)
Has a strong knockback. Busts down doors in one hit. Can use a hook to get at the player.

Shojun: WIP

Like the other 3 invasions a new NPC will spawn.

Ninja NPC

Sells:
Paper Doll
Swiftness Potion
Invisibility Potion
Ceremonial Katana
Bamboo Seeds
Training Dummy
Poison Smoke Bomb
Phantom Bricks
Katana (If nobody minds)
Herbalife Tea

Will switch between the potions depending on the phases of the moon.
Black bow: Range Damage 22, fast (Name not final)
Shadow Scroll: Magic Damage 16, Mana 10, Fires a black shock wave that goes through blocks, but has a limited range.
Ninja Staff: Summon Damage 12, Mana 10, Summons a mini ninja to fight for you.
Shinobi Staff: Summon Damage 24, Mana 10, Summons a Ninja to fight for you. Crafted with Ninja Staff + 10 Souls of Night at a Mythril/Orichalcum Anvil.
Poison Smoke Bomb: Release smoke that has a chance to poison almost any mob that goes through it.
Paper Doll: Stacks up to 30. Places a body double of player that mobs will target. Will disappear after a while.
Ceremonial Katana: A katana on a display stand. Can be placed, material. (More on that later)
Training Dummy: Furniture.
Bamboo Seeds: Plants bamboo trees.
Bamboo: Blocks. Obtain by cutting down bamboo trees. Can be crafted into walls, doors, platforms, and possibly it's own furniture set
Herbalife Tea: Consumable. Medication Buff. -40% mana cost.
Phantom Bricks: Invisible blocks. You can walk on them but not see them. May require a special pickaxe to see.
Talisman: Accessory, 10% increased magic damage
Crystal Pendant: Accessory, 15% increased magic damage. Crafted with Talisman + 10 Crystal Shards on Mythrial/Orichalcum Anvil
Ninja Cloak: Accessory. Turns you into a bush, pot, or other items if you hold still for 3 seconds. Makes it unlikely for you to be target when active.
Face Mask: Vanity. A black triangle that covers the mouth and nose. It's tied in back.
Sheathed Katana: Vanity accessory. Puts a sword on user's back.
Tengai Hat: Vanity headgear.
Ninja Star: Vanity accessory. Puts a giant throwing star on the user's back.

It's still something of a work in progress. I am open to suggests for new items, balancing their stats, etc.

Last edited:
So they can jump higher than firstborn wings? Because that doesn't sound possible even with terraria logic available

So they can jump higher than firstborn wings? Because that doesn't sound possible even with terraria logic available
What's firstborn wings? Anyway they can jump higher then say zombies but not as high as the player with the right accessories. Some people make buildings that zombies and most goblins can't get into by building a wall higher then they can jump. The plays themselves get in with a jumping/flight accessory or with a hook. These ninjas may still be able to get in.

Fishron wings autocorrect sucks

Oh, I know how that is. Still they wouldn't be able to out jump any kind wings.

How about instead of higher jump they use climbing claws? That would be neat

Good idea. In that case I would also give the Kunoichi the power of cloud in a bottle. Still they wouldn't drop any of those items. I have been toying with the thought of the Jonin having a hook as well. Where the pirates have power the ninjas have speed and mobility.

The Ninja NPC should also sell Shirukens (sorry for bad spelling)

I have considered giving him the shuriken and katana. However they are already sold by the Merchant and the Traveling Merchant respectfully and I have never seen the same item being sold by more then one NPC. Now I am in favor of taking the disco ball from the Merchant and giving it to the Party Girl, but weapons are another story. The shuriken is useful against early bosses and it will take sometime before the Ninja NPC is unlocked. The katana is a similar story. If you can get one early on it is a powerful sword. However is it also and RNG item as there is no telling when a Traveling Merchant would show up with one.

I have considered giving him the shuriken and katana. However they are already sold by the Merchant and the Traveling Merchant respectfully and I have never seen the same item being sold by more then one NPC. Now I am in favor of taking the disco ball from the Merchant and giving it to the Party Girl, but weapons are another story. The shuriken is useful against early bosses and it will take sometime before the Ninja NPC is unlocked. The katana is a similar story. If you can get one early on it is a powerful sword. However is it also and RNG item as there is no telling when a Traveling Merchant would show up with one.

Oh then maybe some buffed up shuriken for mid hard-mode perhaps

Oh then maybe some buffed up shuriken for mid hard-mode perhaps

Well I was also thinking of some kind of throwing star. The Star Anise is an upgraded version of the of the Shuriken, but that is just a holiday thing. I gave the Genin and Kunoichi 10 range damage because that's how much the Shuriken does. I am open to him selling a stronger stars. The Genin and Kunoichi could even drop them after the pirates. They would need stronger stars. Another thing are kunai knives.

I like the whole idea, but I think we could try something else with the NPC. instead of just being a vendor, we could have him craft. There's already shuriken and a katana in the game, but he would be able to make them better. I'd say shuriken > kunai for 5 copper each, Katana > shadow katana (increase in damage and attack speed, cool after effect trail) for katana + webbing + bone, Katana > Lightning Katana (works like the starcall, but horizontal instead of at a vertical slope) for katana + thunder shards + mana crystal (maybe?) would work off of mana, just like the starcall. my personal favourite on this list is the kusarigama, or chain-sickle. grappling hook + scythe (the one you get to cut hay from grass). This would work like a shorter-ranged grappling hook, only that you could use it to pull yourself towards enemies, cutting them and damaging them when you get there. it would allow you to viably use a melee build against enemies such as the eye of cthulhu or skeletron.

I'm all for him selling things like bamboo (love the idea for bamboo seeds and blocks) and paper dolls, but it could work like the goblin tinkerer's reforging.

Back
Top Bottom