Weapons & Equip Expert Mode: New Mech Boss Items

What do you think of adding new stuff for the mechanical bosses?

• Looks great!

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • I like the concept, not the execution.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • It's ok.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nope.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

3erg

Terrarian
So I've been thinking lately about expert mode and its loot and I've come to the conclusion that the loot you get from the mechanical bosses in expert mode is kind of lackluster, at least in my opinion.

I mean, a cart that shoots lasers is nice and all, but I hardly ever hear of anyone using it to a great extent. So my suggestion today is to implement new loot for each boss in addition to each of the cart pieces they normally drop in expert mode.

Each drop will also have compatibility with the drops from their boss's pre-hardmode counterparts. This will allow some of the expert mode drops to be a little more useful throughout your expert mode life.

New Expert Mode Loot (Will be given from loot bags in addition to the cart pieces):

The Twins:
image_zpsumkygg9r.png

Sprite by: Terraria planetauri (Thanks!)
Lens of Duality
Accessory
When wearer attacks an enemy, lasers and cursed flames will sometimes shoot out of their weapon, dealing extra damage. Can be combined with Shield of Cthulu. Creates Shield of the Twins as a combination of effects.

The Destroyer:
Cursed Mainframe
Accessory
Glowing red runes appear behind the and around player as they move, any enemy touching this after effect will take damage. When combined with a worm scarf it will make a Laser Scarf. When combined with the Brain of Confusion, it makes a Perplexing Mind. Both of these provide combinations of their parent accessories.

Skeletron Prime
:

Prime Femur
image_zpsaz8licx3.png

Sprite by: Terraria planetauri (Thanks again!)
Weapon
Base Throwing Damage: 45
Very Fast Speed
Acts identically to bone but it can be thrown as many times as you want, making it an infinite ammo type of weapon. It is also compatible with the Bone Glove you get from original Skeletron, you need only have it be the closest present ammo to the glove for this to happen.

Additional Notes:
If you use both the Twin Shield and the Shield of Cthulu, it does allow you to dash twice. Dealing damage with either counts for the Twin Shield's ability.

When combined with the Bone Glove, the Prime Femur's full damage is 56. It also converts to crossed bones that can bounce much like any other bone that is thrown this way.

Additionally, the Prime Femur cannot be reforged.

Well, that's all I have today. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
On the one hand, I like the Mechanical Cart and don't want it to go away.

On the other hand, the Mechanical Cart is a complete :red: item to get from THREE bosses.

Yeah, I'll definitely support this.

Back
Top Bottom